talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lionel Messi

These days at those clubs that are regularly in the media spotlight tend to choose their captains based on which one brings in more media hooh-hah.  Plus these days on the official side of things it's more about the longest serving player and then protocol which comes back down to media coverage.

Long gone are the days where a captain was chosen for his personality characteristics based on influence on the field, in other words lead by example.

Barcelona's results and performances have very little to do with who is captain these days.  Puyol retired some years back.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, José said:

" Former Brazil forward Pele has stated that Diego Maradona was a "much better player" than Lionel Messi -- adding that Barcelona No. 10 "only shoots with one leg, only has one skill and doesn't head the ball well."

Yaaawn. Next :coffee:

scnI9wW.gif?noredirect

AmpleAmusingFoxterrier-size_restricted.g

I think (if I’m not mistaken) that Messi statistically has the most diverse margin of goals scored with both feet and in one game managed a hat-trick with all three traditional methods of scoring (left, right and head). 

Next... Pelé xD What you afraid of old man!

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

31 isn't even particularly old. There's always a chance he could age 'early' like others who burst onto the scene as teenagers because they were so good (Owen, Rooney for example), but it's also perfectly reasonable to expect another 3-4 years of this.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

31 isn't even particularly old. There's always a chance he could age 'early' like others who burst onto the scene as teenagers because they were so good (Owen, Rooney for example), but it's also perfectly reasonable to expect another 3-4 years of this.

He reminds me of an old steam train that just keeps rolling along without stopping. :x

20 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's a superb goal and a wonderful night, watching Manchester United thoroughly outclassed. The hanging in the air is very difficult, perfectly done.

Don't get me wrong, very pretty goal, and fuck man U. But a free header from 6 yards, aesthetic or no, doesn't make Messi a prolific aerial threat. 

Now outleaping the English national team goalkeeper to score from 8 yards tho.....

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Absolutely. He drifts away from his marker and sinks a free header. The cross is perfect, and Messi is at the top of his jump when he heads it. It's harder to miss that one unless he gets under it.

Being able to drift away from Rio Ferdinand, timing his jump and having enough air time so that he can loft the ball over Edwin Van Der Sar....is easy?

Why are you not a pro with @Fusion?

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Being able to drift away from An ageing and clearly ball watching with no eyes for Messi at all Rio Ferdinand, timing his jump(every one who ever scores a header has to time a jump, why is this even mentioned?) and having enough air time so that he can loft the ball over Edwin Van Der Sar from point blank range who doesn't even leap for the ball....is easy?

Why are you not a pro with @Fusion?

Yes. Yes it's easy.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Don't get me wrong, very pretty goal, and fuck man U. But a free header from 6 yards, aesthetic or no, doesn't make Messi a prolific aerial threat. 

Now outleaping the English national team goalkeeper to score from 8 yards tho.....

You're the only one who said he's p r o l i f i c. 

Stop embarrassing yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived