• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Songs and Memories

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/04/2019 at 17:43, Eco said:

As well as this song - which I remember very fondly sitting in my apartment in Yaroslavl, Russia, windows open, breeze blowing on a beautiful day, studying Russian, while my father was visiting and he was reading a book. 

On 17/04/2019 at 17:48, Eco said:

Yeah - I have a hammock in my back yard, and when the weather is right (like it is now), I like to go out there, lay in my hammock with a book and a drink, play that song and just enjoy the moment. Very few songs have that kind of pull on me, but for some reason that song always takes me back to a place where I had no worries. 

On 17/04/2019 at 17:45, nudge said:

I love it when memories are linked to certain songs but on the other hand sometimes it can ruin a song forever haha.

This song came on one night with this girl I met, it was the first night I had met her. I liked her a lot and she made me feel 'different', so I asked her to dance with me, and she did. This was the first night we met, and we ended up moving into together the next day, engaged in 4 months, married in a year and a half. That was 7 years ago, and this was the song that we first danced to after meeting, and it's the song we choose to dance to at our wedding. 

These remind me of my weekend clubbing days... Used to go to football in the afternoon, back for a quick wash and change then out on the hunt... We used to hang about at a place called Tiffanys in Wimbledon, had a 2 tier floor with a giant fake tree with stairs leading up to the second floor for chilling and drugs no doubt..They also had a great food section like an upmarket McDonalds that served quality food in the corner as well.. xD would be chasing skirt until the wee small hours then go back to their place if we struck it lucky and I used to stagger back home around noonish Sunday much to annoyance of my Mother who always complained she never knew where I was half the time... 

Them were the days... the rowing boat song was all the rage back then, everyone sitting on the floor doing the moves while I was playing it cool beer in hand at the bar.. B|

Girls used to love singing this when they thought they had snared you.. more fool them though I was defo a 'love em and leave them' type back then.. :ph34r:

I'll start with a football related one.

This always reminds me of going to Chelsea. It has been played before the game at the ground for ages now and typically around 15-20 minutes before kick off, forming part of the pre-match playlist. Not necessarily a memory as it still happens but it always reminds me of sunny afternoons on the weekends, talking about pre-match predictions and just the overall buzz before the game. Damon Albarn being a big Chelsea fan as well.

• Administrator

@Dan  can relate to this - a song that was regularly played at Filbert Street 

Let Me Entertain You - Robbie Williams 

And Rocking All Over the World by Status Quo - first time hearing that was after winning the League Cup against Tranmere at Wembley. 

Also this song will forever be in my memory - singing this song on stage in 2010 with other fans and the actual band was something I could never have imagined doing beforehand... 

And this song is 'our song' between me and my missus... 

• 2 weeks later...

They used to play this at the old Richmond Ice Skating Rink back in the day as everyone was going round and round.. I struggle on skates and used to spend half my time holding on the side or on my arse and then I met this rather lovely girl who took a bit of a liking to me and we used to meet up there on Sundays and she would teach me how to skate.. thought it was going to be something but sadly never worked out in the end.. She lived too far away for it to come to anything, that and her mother was one bossy old bag..

Always remember this playing in the background every week.. 

She also got me Eddie and The Hotrods Thriller album for my Birthday one year so have fond memories of that time... 

• Subscriber

This one has great memories for me. I remember going into class one day and my instructor said, "Hey enough of this academic nonsense want to try something fun?". I said sure and he asked me if I liked The Beatles, I said yeah I do and then he went on to show me a simple riff that he asked me to practice. Didn't really get it till I went home and asked my dad if he had ever heard of the song Day Tripper and he said yeah and made me listen to it. I then remember my dad showing me how easy it was to play and we spent about two hours on it till I got it right. I never really knew how good my dad was at music until that moment really, learned a lot from the old man post that and still do at times.

• Subscriber

Quite a few songs remind me of growing up in Australia in the '60s and the early '70s, from the Beatles, Rolling Stones and another group I loved and this song and it was a very haunting song for me and I loved it and would play it non stop and drive my mother and sisters crazy yelling "TURN THAT BLOODY SONG DOWN..."  it's the Bee Gees and 'I started a Joke'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've listened to this song since my teenage years and the lyrics still resonate with me to this day. The lyrics are simple but they have always struck a chord with me, about being young and naive growing up, getting more experienced year on year and looking back on things I've done or things that have happened.

• Subscriber

Two songs that bring back memories to me and the when we first met in Germany in 74, did our courting bit and then we married.

The wife's song that always reminds her of me when we first met and was played in the German boozer the night we had our first date and they are one of her favourite past time groups in the Drifters and Down on the Beach Tonight and the song I put on in the Juke Box just after was George McCrae and Rock Your Baby

Archived