Who will finish 4th?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who will finish 4th?

• Sevilla
    • Getafe
    • Athletic Bilbao
    • Valencia
    • Deportivo Alaves

With 6 games remaining, I'd say the 5 teams still in with a chance are Sevilla, Getafe, Valencia, Athletic and Alaves.

It looked like Sevilla would walk it at the start of the season, as they were in fact up there challenging for the title for the first few months, but they have slowly slipped way since, Getafe and Alaves have come out of nowhere and Valencia and Athletic have completely turned their season's around after starting so poorly they looked like relegation candidates at first.

Games left:-

Sevilla:

Getafe(A), Rayo Vallecano(H), Girona(A), Leganes(H), Atletico(A), Athletic Bilbao(H)

Getafe:

Sevilla(H), Real Madrid(H), Real Sociedad(A), Girona(H), Barcelona(A), Villarreal(H)

Valencia:

Real Betis(A), Atletico Madrid(A), Eibar(A), Huesca(H), Deportivo Alaves(H), Real Valladolid(A)

Athletic Bilbao:

Real Madrid(A), Leganes(A), Deportivo Alaves(H), Real Valladolid(A), Celta Vigo(H), Sevilla(A)

Deportivo Alaves:

Barcelona(H), Athetic Bilbao(A), Real Sociedad(H), Valencia(A), Girona(H)

Current standings:

4. Sevilla, 52pts

5. Getafe, 51pts

6. Valencia, 49pts

7. Athletic, 46pts

8. Deportivo Alaves, 46pts

All have difficult runs to end the season and all have to play atleast 1 of the other clubs who are in the fight for 4th with them, so it could be very interesting. Getafe probably have the most difficult run as they have to play Barcelona, Real Madrid, Sevilla, Real Sociedad and Villarreal, who are all tough opponents. I think this will be too much for them in the end.

Valencia also have 2 semi finals vs Arsenal to contend and a Copa Del Rey final to prepare for against Barcelona, so it's also going to be difficult for them due to still being in 3 competitions.

Alaves have a chance(and looked the most likely at one stage), although they have played 1 game more than the rest now(which they drew 2-2 last night), their form has been poor lately and they don't have a single "easy" game left at all.

Overall it'll probably be Sevilla, even though they looked like they had fucked it all up, although I wouldn't rule out any of the rest if they can put a string of wins together, especially Athletic Bilbao who have a tough run, but one they can handle when they want to.

I'm disappointed at Real Betis and Real Sociedad as both have some very good players and should well have been up there themselves this season. Both are currently sat in 9th and 10th respectively and 4th place will be too much for them now, although they could take advantage of a few of those 5 clubs mentioned and grab a Europa spot.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Reckon Sevilla but what a season Getafe have had. Even if they don't get 4th they'll surely be delighted at how this season has gone. Europa League beckons for them I'd say. 

Would love València to get it as it could mean I get to see them when I go there in Sept if fixtures pan out accordingly... 

After this weeks results, I'd say Athletic and Alaves were now more in a fight for that 7th spot, along with Real Betis, Espanyol and probably Real SOciedad.

4th will be between Getafe, Sevilla and Valencia, but I reckon Getafe really could do it now after such a convincing result the other day. But as said, they do have a seriously difficult run to end the season and it won't be easy.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

After this weeks results, I'd say Athletic and Alaves were now more in a fight for that 7th spot, along with Real Betis, Espanyol and probably Real SOciedad.

4th will be between Getafe, Sevilla and Valencia, but I reckon Getafe really could do it now after such a convincing result the other day. But as said, they do have a seriously difficult run to end the season and it won't be easy.

Getafe in a good position for it now with València losing earlier. Plus they have a game in hand tomorrow against Real. Would be great to beat them! 

Archived