• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2018/19 - 22-23rd April, 2019

football forum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Boro & Bristol have fallen away and all cement our playoff place. 

City do this every season ¬¬ at least the traffic won't be as bad. Would be a nightmare if they were in the premier League

This club continuously draws you in, chews you up and spits you out. It's brutal.

Not gonna lie. Deflated how we've thrown this away. Lost for words really. It means the world getting back to the top flight and this has been as close as its been for yonks.

Forget the playoffs, we're mentally shot now. We dominate possession every game, we create more chances and yet we have one of the shitest conversion rates in the division.

Today was no different. We had openings. Brentford twice scored after sustained pressure by us. We are not clinical enough.

Everybody naturally feels their club go through the mill but seriously, we are in a different galaxy.

Leeds United. First team top of the Championship at Christmas to fail to get automatic promotion. That is exactly what we are dealing with here.

Unbeatable when it comes to failure.

I salute Bielsa for doing his utmost with what he had but ultimately, it's not been enough.

46 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Is it just me or have Leeds started going downhill since they are unable to spy on any other clubs now?? 

Coincidence??? 

That thought did enter my head but to be fair, this is the norm for Bielsa sides. He tires them out in the first half of the season and then they look exhausted in the second.

For a man who's supposedly a genius you'd think he'd learn to stop tiring his players out but he does this all the time.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, 6666 said:

That thought did enter my head but to be fair, this is the norm for Bielsa sides. He tires them out in the first half of the season and then they look exhausted in the second.

For a man who's supposedly a genius you'd think he'd learn to stop tiring his players out but he does this all the time.

To be fair, it's a fairly young squad so they're doing quite well to hang in there and not totally collapse (see Middlesbrough this season or Derby in recent seasons).

• Subscriber

Cambridge lost 2-1 to Forest Green today but are mathematically safe in 21st as Macclesfield, Yeovil and Notts County all drew. What an absolute turgid effort this season. Good job it's so hard to get relegated from League 2.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yeovil were in the Championship not long ago, what's happened to them?

They were punching above their weight in the Championship. Never really set up for it structurally or financially against everyone else. Really not surprised their languishing down there really.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Not going to have a dig or be patronising but that is a lazy comment to be fair.

Whatever happened before, that isn't the case here. If that was the case, we wouldn't be dominating possession, creating as many chances etc in games. We are always top of these match stats each game. And often substantially.

The simple fact is we haven't converted enough of our shots. Here is an example. 82 shots in total in the last 3 games. We have scored twice.

That is woefully insufficient. Nothing to do with tiredness. We outrun teams, we have more of the ball than teams, we have more attempts at goal but we just can't score. Terrible conversion rate. 

We needed a deadly striker this season, 20 goal man, and we don't have it. Paid the price IMO.

47 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yeovil were in the Championship not long ago, what's happened to them?

Well to be fair they were a pub side for a long time.

They massively over achieved getting to the championship I think

Thank heavens for a good goal difference (+34) as compared to Leeds (+24) else I'm pretty sure we would bottle this as well. 

Given up hope of the title. Second place it is. 

13 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Will Biesla be there next season @Lucas

No idea to be frank. His brother has said he will be but I'd take that with a pinch of salt. Fingers crossed he wants to. He got us incredibly close with little spent on the team.

• The topic was unpinned

Routine 2-0 win at home to relegated Bolton to make it 4 wins in a row. Bolton as expected very poor and we should have made the scoreline more convincing. Great to see Brereton finally get off the mark for us and he is likely to start the remaining games now to build some confidence ahead of a big season for him next season. In attack we look very good with Brereton/Graham with Dack playing behind and Rothwell and Armstrong on the wings. Bolton fans in good spirits despite their relegation but I did cringe at them celebrating imaginary goals....

Archived