• Subscriber

Ward

Simpson - Evans - Maguire - Chilwell

Choudhury - James

Albrighton - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

Subs: Bramley, Hughes, Johnson, King, Ndukwu, Gray, Shade

Manager: Rodgers xD

That's surely a top 5 team in this league.

We allowing players with British citizenship? If so we can have Schmeichel and Morgan back in the fold.

31 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ward

Choudhury - James

Vardy

We allowing players with British citizenship? If so we can have Schmeichel and Morgan back in the fold.

I thought Morgan was English but just played for Jamaica through heritage

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Danny said:

How shit would the Prem be if it were only British and Irish players? Name your clubs first eleven and subs.

Be like watching Sunday League.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Spike said:

I thought Morgan was English but just played for Jamaica through heritage

That's effectively it. Schmeichel grew up in England as well.

46 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ward

Choudhury - James

Vardy

Citizenship yeah...but for purposes of the topic not for players who got it just playing in the Prem

11 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not sure why we’re taking a swipe at a Ligue 1 here? Nine winners in twenty years is something “The Greatest League In The World” would kill for. 

Just a term thrown around...hence the speech marks

Decent side with a few weak links, but we could struggle going forwards. I'm having Harry Wilson back from his loan at Derby and we've got Lallana on the bench as well

Kelleher

Alexander-Arnold . Gomez . Phillips . Robertson

Milner . Henderson . Oxlade-Chamberlain

Brewster . Sturridge . Wilson

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Is it? 

It's fairly common to hear people rate the French league below the "major" leagues like the Prem, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A.

And yes people mug the French league off all the time, especially when Neymar is mentioned

38 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Probably because with the exception of Monaco in 2017 PSG have won the league six years in a row and before that Lyon went on a seven year winning run. Not that I would expect someone like you to recognise that and put it together with what the thread title is poking fun at. 

Happy to help with any football themed queries in the future.

Someone like me? Care to elaborate before you start abusing people? I wouldn’t expect you to but the offer is open and all that. 

27 minutes ago, Danny said:

It's fairly common to hear people rate the French league below the "major" leagues like the Prem, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A.

And yes people mug the French league off all the time, especially when Neymar is mentioned

Yeah, they do rate it as the 5th of those leagues given but not in the context of the make up of nationalities, from what I’ve seen at least. 

People slate Ronaldo, he was gay for years apparently whenever someone mentioned United in school, for example. I’m not necessarily sure Neymar’s abuse comes necessarily as a byproduct of where he chooses to play his Football, more of his personality and behaviour as a footballer, in the same way as Ronaldo and Suarez at Liverpool.

I think people, well most anyway, would recognise it’s the “worst” of the elite European levels due to the money in the game there, especially compared with the other four leagues. I don’t think that’s a “mug off”, just a general and pretty sensible assessment of Ligue 1. 

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Someone like me? Care to elaborate before you start abusing people? I wouldn’t expect you to but the offer is open and all that. 

Yeah, they do rate it as the 5th of those leagues given but not in the context of the make up of nationalities, from what I’ve seen at least. 

People slate Ronaldo, he was gay for years apparently whenever someone mentioned United in school, for example. I’m not necessarily sure Neymar’s abuse comes necessarily as a byproduct of where he chooses to play his Football, more of his personality and behaviour as a footballer, in the same way as Ronaldo and Suarez at Liverpool.

I think people, well most anyway, would recognise it’s the “worst” of the elite European levels due to the money in the game there, especially compared with the other four leagues. I don’t think that’s a “mug off”, just a general and pretty sensible assessment of Ligue 1. 

Tbh mate its just a topic title

Just now, Cannabis said:

Easily rattled and uneducated. 

The fact you are infuriated by a thread title and don't understand its meaning proves my point. It's Easter weekend, try enjoying yourself.

I mean, you’re the first to jump to insults and seem to lack the skills to articulate a response to a thread when you appear to have a different opinion to me. I don’t think you can sit upon a higher horse than certainly myself or anyone when it comes to being “rattled” on here. 

Easter’s been fine. Seen my nephew, had a bit of sun, life’s grand. Enjoyment personified. Maybe stop being horrified and angry about everything you disagree with. 

55 minutes ago, Danny said:

Showing how bandwagony and clueless you are when it comes to football again I see. It's popular to poke fun at the French League, yet leagues like the Bundesliga which are nearly as shitty, get praised for being one of "da best leagues in da world". It's really not as far off from Serie A and the German league as people think it is. Only for people who want to poke fun at it, without seeing a second of it, like yourself.

8 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Showing how bandwagony and clueless you are when it comes to football again I see. It's popular to poke fun at the French League, yet leagues like the Bundesliga which are nearly as shitty, get praised for being one of "da best leagues in da world". It's really not as far off from Serie A and the German league as people think it is. Only for people who want to poke fun at it, without seeing a second of it, like yourself.

By quoting something other people say as a topic title? You're aware the whole point of this thread is to point out the complete lack of player depth in British football?

Just now, Danny said:

By quoting something other people say as a topic title? You're aware the whole point of this thread is to point out the complete lack of player depth in British football?

Having a pop at a league that's popular to have a pop at... right.

You're probably a great fella to go and have a pint with but you know fuck all about football.

Also, just retracting something I said - I was being a bit harsh by saying it would be below the Dutch. I'd say more the Portuguese league. You'd have about 3 or 4 teams with a core of the best English players, and the rest with little or championship standard players. It's about on that level, but still way below the French.

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

Having a pop at a league that's popular to have a pop at... right.

You're probably a great fella to go and have a pint with but you know fuck all about football.

Again...quotation mark, not my opinion.

I'm surprised you can write down your own name.

Archived