talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

“As shit as the French League”

Just now, Danny said:

Again...quotation mark, not my opinion.

I'm surprised you can write down your own name.

I'm one of the few that doesn't write "Brain". So I think I'm doing a fine job bud.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

How much French football have you watched/do you watch @Grizzly21

Depends on my schedule really. Most of the time it's in the UCL/Europa league, but domestically I do it occasionally to catch young players. I find it much more useful than the Portuguese or Dutch leagues as all clubs seem to have the potential to export to bigger teams rather than just the top 4.

I have a very strong opinion that PSG fails in Europe due to tactical incompetence rather than it's squad as well as arrogance. From what I have seen otherwise though, there is plenty of talent in France and it is in no way a "farmers league".

If you had to only use players from your own country the Bundeliga and La Liga would run the footballing world

Serie A, Ligue 1, Liga Portuguesa and Eredivisie would all be competitive. 

England would be on a level with the Belgian and Swiss leagues IMO, at least for the first 3-5 years

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If you had to only use players from your own country the Bundeliga and La Liga would run the footballing world

England would be on a level with the Belgian and Swiss leagues IMO, at least for the first 3-5 years

And our Superliga.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Again...quotation mark, not my opinion.

I'm surprised you can write down your own name.

6 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

I'm one of the few that doesn't write "Brain". So I think I'm doing a fine job bud.

Looks like you're insulting yourself Brian. xD

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Pretty hilarious how quickly that argument escalated over literally nothing xD.

Honestly burst out laughing at Brian's "you know fuck all about football" comment. Caught me properly by surprise xD

3 hours ago, Dan said:

If the league only had their own nationality we'd legitimately have a weaker league than Portugal which is absolute madness when you think about it.

That says a lot about the youth development in the current setup where English born is not a key criteria so much as a nice to have.

I'll bet the England league would improve a lot within a decade of it was forced to source is own talent from within

Don't agree with the majority here. Our British players are underrated. Not only do we have many exciting, technically good young players coming through but we have the older players who have that grit and determination in them. One thing about British players is that they play until the sweat is draining from them, many examples of this. In our team we have Henderson, Milner and Robertson who fight for every single inch on the pitch. 

We've seen yesterday with Utd that all the technical skills in the world amount to fuck all when you haven't got the drive in you. I'd fancy our chances up against any other league apart from maybe the Bundedliga.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Don't agree with the majority here. Our British players are underrated. Not only do we have many exciting, technically good young players coming through but we have the older players who have that grit and determination in them. One thing about British players is that they play until the sweat is draining from them, many examples of this. In our team we have Henderson, Milner and Robertson who fight for every single inch on the pitch. 

We've seen yesterday with Utd that all the technical skills in the world amount to fuck all when you haven't got the drive in you. I'd fancy our chances up against any other league apart from maybe the Bundedliga.

I agree with the most part but La Liga would be better as well I think. 

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

You've seen in the last two decades of world cups and euros where all of that fight and energy gets you when creativity is lacking.

Just now, Harry said:

You've seen in the last two decades of world cups and euros where all of that fight and energy gets you when creativity is lacking.

Porto won the champions League with it. Greece won the euros with it. I'm not saying a whole team of workhorses would beat anybody btw, I did mention that we have the technical players there too.

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Porto won the champions League with it. Greece won the euros with it. I'm not saying a whole team of workhorses would beat anybody btw, I did mention that we have the technical players there too.

I'm still not quite sold on where you guys are at tbh. Favorable world cup draw and a side nobody expected much of. Things are better than a couple years ago but I still would be at all surprised at an exit to the first of the big sides you'd face in the knockouts.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm still not quite sold on where you guys are at tbh. Favorable world cup draw and a side nobody expected much of. Things are better than a couple years ago but I still would be at all surprised at an exit to the first of the big sides you'd face in the knockouts.

I'm not talking about our national team. Some of the best english players aren't even given a sniff for many reasons. In league terms, I'm saying that we wouldn't be down there with the bloody Austrian and Portuguese leagues is all.

14 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If Belgium’s league had to use Belgium players... they’d be pretty decent judging by their national team.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Belgium’s league had to use Belgium players... they’d be pretty decent judging by their national team.

They'd have a lot to thank Genk for if the following players didn't leave Belgium!!

De Bruyne
Courtois
Benteke
Trossard
Defour

Just to name a few off the top of my head that have been at their academy.

Ndidi was snapped up as a kid by them as well but went to play for Nigeria. Not sure if he has Belgian citizenship but another player to add to the squad if so.

My god Brian. what the actual fuck is wrong with you.  xD

As for the topic, you could argue that if all leagues went with this model, than all you have to do is look at the National Teams to determine how good each league would be. 

Therefore, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and England would all be some of the better leagues, but you might have a team in Croatia buy all there talent and fucking unreal. 

Archived