Japan (AFC)

Brazil (CONMEBOL)

Chile (CONMEBOL)

Colombia (CONMEBOL)

Paraguay (CONMEBOL)

New Caledonia (OFC)

New Zealand (OFC)

We are still waiting on CONCACAF, CAF and UEFA

UEFA qualify through the U17 Euros. That will be held in Croatia between 3rd of May to 19th. 

CAF will be 14th of May to 28th

CONCACAF starts today and ends on the 7th of May.

I'll be catching the Curacao - Haiti match if I can find it. Curacao have a few players playing in the Netherlands so that could be of interest. I'm more into Panama - Honduras later though.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I am hugely excited for this, though in most probability we will be spanked.

Avoid the CONMEBOL teams, Mexico and Japan and you may be fine. I don't think you will progress but for example Fiji managed to beat Honduras in U20 2 years ago. its a completely different standard and level than seniors.

I personally don't know a lot about our youth teams, but from what I am reading, we have a decent U-15 team. As for this team, again, I read that it's good enough to clear the group stages, especially with home advantage, but after that there is no chance.

I just hope there is a response from the crowd. Football is rapidly increasing in popularity in the country (still miles away from cricket), but there is a change in the quality of our players. Competitions like these will only help it further.

2 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I personally don't know a lot about our youth teams, but from what I am reading, we have a decent U-15 team. As for this team, again, I read that it's good enough to clear the group stages, especially with home advantage, but after that there is no chance.

I just hope there is a response from the crowd. Football is rapidly increasing in popularity in the country (still miles away from cricket), but there is a change in the quality of our players. Competitions like these will only help it further.

I think Liverpool set up an international academy at DSK Shivajians (Pune) in 2013.

Curacao currently 1-0 up over Haiti in the U17 CONCACAF opener. Been impressed with that #6 Roderick Bolijin.

Panama vs Honduras later on.

Curacao wins 1-0 over Haiti. The official CONCACAF stream was so laggy it was unwatchable but from what I saw, Haiti was more dangerous on the wing and dominated a bit more. Curacao seemed more efficient, so it doesn't surprise me to come out with a win.

Panama vs Honduras in 30 minutes.

Panama 2-1 up currently. Very entertaining game. That Eduardo Guerrero is pure strength and pace. 2 goals and has won so many chances on his own.

Ends 4-2. I must say I was impressed with what I saw. Don't think any players here will make it onto a world stage but perhaps the MLS, Liga MX or even some fringe European leagues. Lots of pace and great dribbling but still a lack of technical ability. 

On 21/04/2017 at 11:50 PM, tarzanontoast said:

I think Liverpool set up an international academy at DSK Shivajians (Pune) in 2013.

A lot of clubs (LFC, MUFC, Arsenal, PSG, Bayern, Boca Juniors, etc) have opened up academies here, which is a great thing. We will see the results of these initiatives 10-15 years later.

• 3 weeks later...

Ireland lost 7.0 to germany earlier but still managed to get through. 😂meanwhile england beat Holland 3.0 and could quite easily make the final of the european championship 

On 4/22/2017 at 2:31 AM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Curacao wins 1-0 over Haiti. The official CONCACAF stream was so laggy it was unwatchable but from what I saw, Haiti was more dangerous on the wing and dominated a bit more. Curacao seemed more efficient, so it doesn't surprise me to come out with a win.

Panama vs Honduras in 30 minutes.

Curacao are growing very big now as a football nation, thanks to the support of former Dutch players who have put a system in place for them.  Its great to see for such a small island. 

4 hours ago, VanPanna said:

Curacao are growing very big now as a football nation, thanks to the support of former Dutch players who have put a system in place for them.  Its great to see for such a small island. 

Yeah, that's exactly why I got the interest to watch it. I couldn't give a shit about Haiti or Curacao in general but when I saw that a few players were playing in the Netherlands and that Seedorf and Gullit are both from Suriname (at least their backgrounds are) then it caught my interest. Perhaps one of those players gets somewhere. We never know.

1 hour ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Yeah, that's exactly why I got the interest to watch it. I couldn't give a shit about Haiti or Curacao in general but when I saw that a few players were playing in the Netherlands and that Seedorf and Gullit are both from Suriname (at least their backgrounds are) then it caught my interest. Perhaps one of those players gets somewhere. We never know.

Patrick Kluivert managed Curacao national team for a few games last year and managed to get a lot of very good players to play for them.

Archived