talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wanting Your Team To Lose II - The Manchester Derby

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/04/2019 at 14:09, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah almost everyone hates us. There’s a lot of reasons, but some of them are extra stupid

Apparently this was results from a survey taken by Paddy Power.

FB_IMG_1556087184276.jpg

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

That 33% is absolute rubbish. You've got the "old guard" who come from the era where Liverpool and Everton were mates and represented the city but Evertonians hate Liverpool and vice versa. 

Don't get me wrong you've got the healthy banter that comes with it, my own Grandfather was a Red but when it comes to the side itself there's hatred. 

Yeah I’ve got some blues in my family as well, it’s not a rivalry where we can’t stand to be around each other or really hate each other lol. And when my dad was growing up he said if it was going to be a year Liverpool weren’t winning the league he’d hope Everton would be win it.

The rivalry’s definitely changed though, the only time I hope for success for Everton is when you’re playing Manchester United generally. Never hope you lot win anything lol, the previous generation were a bunch of flower power hippies by the looks of it

• Subscriber

Yeah not a chance. Only explanation I can think of is Liverpool fans saying they're Blues as a wind up because they knew what the poll was for but that many of them doing it is only slightly less farfetched than that result being genuine which is saying something.

Conclusion is that Paddy Power may have invented those numbers because of their amazing banter.

The Everton result aside I'd be very surprised if the rest of it was that much in Liverpool's favour anyway, even if it probably should be, because objectively, if you don't have the excuse of being an Everton fan or possibly a United fan, you should prefer an actual football club to win the Premier League over a middle Eastern publicity stunt to draw attention away from the blatant abuse of human rights going on in a Middle Eastern country.

Even outside of our fanbase and United's, the vast majority of people I come across seem more bitter about the prospect of Liverpool ending their barren spell of league titles and accepting City's dominance instead.

Archived