talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United 0-2 Manchester City - Wednesday 24th April 2019

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have rather Utd got battered to fuck tonight over this. They did really well first half, but have fell to pieces now. No chance of a comeback.

David Silva should get a retrospective ban for that. Dirty bastard.

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

How the fuck has anyone ever developed the opinion that De Gea is the best goalie in the world. 

How did that happen.

Never seen him turn up in a big game. Made a career out of pulling United to wins against mid-table dross (and Arsenal) who only shoot right at him.

Come on xD He's brilliant. Every goalie makes mistakes. He rarely does.

Just now, Machado said:

Come on xD He's brilliant. Every goalie makes mistakes. He rarely does.

He's made about four serious errors in the last month. 

World class goalies simply don't do that. They make one or two a season. 

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

And he’s made one or two a season for the past 4/5 years. A bad month and all of a sudden he’s never been word class? Jesus fucking wept.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

And he’s made one or two a season for the past 4/5 years. A bad month and all of a sudden he’s never been word class? Jesus fucking wept.

The occasions he makes he mistakes in are also relevant. 

He gets anywhere close to big occasion and he gets a nosebleed. 

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Tbf to him, he's a good keeper behind a really shite defense and midfield. If he was worse than he is now, United would be nowhere near the top 6.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Not always. He's saved Man Utd countless times and playing behind the shite defence doesn't help matters. 

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I'll give you that he's looked a bit like his own version of playing for Spain in the last few months, but what about the several years where he rarely made a mistake.

He might not be the god he once was, but he was easily the best in the world for a long time. Even these days I'd only have Oblak as better than him when it comes to shot stopping, with maybe Ter Stegen catching up.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

I'll give you that he's looked a bit like his own version of playing for Spain in the last few months, but what about the several years where he rarely made a mistake.

He might not be the god he once was, but he was easily the best in the world for a long time. Even these days I'd only have Oblak as better than him when it comes to shot stopping, with maybe Ter Stegen catching up.

The several years where he didn't make a mistake were wildnerness years for United. Their only crunch games were games against weaker sides that they needed to win to clinch CL qualification. He won the league with Fergie fair enough, but so did Tom Cleverley and Phil Jones. 

Ive seen him at one World Cup, and I've seen him make one serious CL run, and he's let his team down in both. 

If you want to be the best goalie in the world you turn up in the biggest games in the world. I've never seen him do that, and he's been given the chances. He's not old and he still has time to become that kind of goalie, but until he does so I don't get the enormous hype train behind him. 

7 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Big games tend to involve bigger, better players. Have you seen Manchester United’s defenders over the last 5 years? World Cup aside, he literally doesn’t have a defence in front of him. He’s peppered by what you’d class as ‘lower level’ teams as well. He’s bound to have more mistakes in the locker when this exposed, and it’s deteriorated even further over the last few years. He’s the only player I wouldn’t begrudge a move to a bigger club. 

• The title was changed to Manchester United 0-2 Manchester City - Wednesday 24th April 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived