• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United 0-2 Manchester City - Wednesday 24th April 2019

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Spurs could not stop us scoring 4 last week, how would a rubbish team full of mercs like united stop us scoring 7? 

I think the idea is that they dont need to score they just need to stop you from scoring which is quite possible if you field 11 behind the ball with no intent to score. That's entirely possible with this United side when they were playing attack-minded football. With the current trend of playing "Oh looks its round should I kick it?" I dont see even that as a possibility.

9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think the idea is that they dont need to score they just need to stop you from scoring which is quite possible if you field 11 behind the ball with no intent to score. That's entirely possible with this United side when they were playing attack-minded football. With the current trend of playing "Oh looks its round should I kick it?" I dont see even that as a possibility.

That would be a dangerous game with the power of our battering ram

• Subscriber

For all the talk about United wanting to lose or not amongst the fans, I still expect the team to go out there and be professional and react with a better performance after yesterday.

However, even if they do, Man City know that this is their biggest remaining hurdle to get the title. It's like a cup final for them, I can't see them not turning up and the bottom line is they're a vastly better side than United and will win if they play 90% of their best.

If we can put four past that United defence I just don't see how Aguero, Silva, Sane, Sterling etc. don't put at least 3 past De Gea.

• The title was changed to Manchester United vs Manchester City - Wednesday 24th April 2019
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Should be an easy 7-0 for City B|

Ederson

Walker - Kompany - Laporte - Mendy

Bernardo - Fernandinho - Silva

Sterling - Aguero - Sane

BENCH:- Muric, Stones, Otamendi, Mahrez, Gundogan, Jesus, Foden

Is stones not first 11?

• The topic was pinned

Klopp on this match: “It [the Manchester derby] is not something we can influence, and it does not look like United are in a place to, either. What was the [United] score today? 3-0, 4-0?”

xD He’s right too, unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Klopp on this match: “It [the Manchester derby] is not something we can influence, and it does not look like United are in a place to, either. What was the [United] score today? 3-0, 4-0?”

xD He’s right too, unfortunately 

Bit daft really though. Sure, we’re fucking shite, but would you want to give us ANY ammunition to just roll over? If he’s trying for the opposite effect and expects us to roll the sleeves up, I think he’s sadly mistaken.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Bit daft really though. Sure, we’re fucking shite, but would you want to give us ANY ammunition to just roll over? If he’s trying for the opposite effect and expects us to roll the sleeves up, I think he’s sadly mistaken.

I don't think anyone's expecting your players to roll their sleeves up, tbh. You're on a pretty shocking run now and going up against a much better side after being demolished by Everton. I think it's just shitting on United for the sake of shitting on United.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think anyone's expecting your players to roll their sleeves up, tbh. You're on a pretty shocking run now and going up against a much better side after being demolished by Everton. I think it's just shitting on United for the sake of shitting on United.

As shit as we are, anything can happen in a derby. City used to beat us when we were smashing everyone and they were shite. Stranger things have happened and it isn’t beyond the team to win.  

Having said that, we’re 99% fucked.

24 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

As shit as we are, anything can happen in a derby. City used to beat us when we were smashing everyone and they were shite. Stranger things have happened and it isn’t beyond the team to win.  

That's true, so who knows what'll happen. But on paper, you're just in awful form... and watching Everton just steamroll you and knowing that City's attack is absolutely devastating and they've got such a quality and hardworking midfield, I just can't see anything other than City tearing through you.

I think the best chance anyone has of beating City is doing what Spurs recently did in the Champions League and what we did to City last year - which is constantly harass their midfield and defense and always try to be on the front foot against them. But your attacking play really hasn't been anywhere like what it was when Solskjaer first took over and I don't know if your midfield has the ability to play at an insane pace for 90 minutes to prevent City from controlling the midfield, settling the tempo, getting your back 4 out of sorts, and making lots of chances.

But if United are as up for it as they were against us, I can see them getting a draw at least. But your players look so lazy as of late. Which honestly, I sort of love because you're Manchester United and so it's funny seeing you have to deal with shite I remember us having to deal with when I was a kid and you were winning everything. But at the same time, I feel for the sound Manchester United fans on here like you, @CaaC - John, and our resident toe lover @MUFC because I've been in your shoes and quite frankly it's unacceptable for a club that's as big as Manchester United has so many players that don't at least put in 100% effort in, regardless of how much quality they've got. Especially when so many of those players were really expensive and are paid handsomely.

Just our luck though, when we're desperate for Manchester United to actually win a game they're looking rubbish, while Manchester City who've been rubbish for most of my life are now sitting pretty in the position Manchester United have been in for most of my life & when Manchester United appear to be all out of form and luck xD

50 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

That's because it was our cup final back then and i don't think your current players give a fuck right now, they just want to go on holiday

• Subscriber

Where there is a will there is a way, we just might help Liverpool out and beat City or maybe scrape a draw, we will just have to wait and see, the only consolation for me is De Bruyne is out injured, that guy would walk into a United, Barca, Real, PSG, Juve etc team even if City put a price tag on him for £200 million. 

• The title was changed to Manchester United 0-2 Manchester City - Wednesday 24th April 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived