talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United 0-2 Manchester City - Wednesday 24th April 2019

• Subscriber

Neville keeps saying they've played a good match, at least in the first half. They ran around more than they did on Sunday (not hard) and created nothing besides a few half chances. If that's playing a good match then United have truly become irrelevant.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Neville keeps saying they've played a good match, at least in the first half. They ran around more than they did on Sunday (not hard) and created nothing besides a few half chances. If that's playing a good match then United have truly become irrelevant.

Neville's just a dickhead that's happy they've lost today

Gutted. These horrible blue bastards will lift the title now. 

I'd love to say "oh, maybe Burnley will dig in like they did against Chelsea" or "Brighton have to fight for their lives" or "leicester are a good side" but let's be real. This side are a machine and they won't balls it up from here.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Genuinely can’t remember it. Sad times.

According to bbc man utd had more shots on goal but only one on target. Were they shots that didn't really trouble the keeper? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

According to bbc man utd had more shots on goal but only one on target. Were they shots that didn't really trouble the keeper? 

Rashford and Pogba both had a pot shot or two from about 70 yards out.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Gutted. These horrible blue bastards will lift the title now. 

I'd love to say "oh, maybe Burnley will dig in like they did against Chelsea" or "Brighton have to fight for their lives" or "leicester are a good side" but let's be real. This side are a machine and they won't balls it up from here.

If it gets to that stage and we're still in with a chance, I'll be hoping for Man City to rip Brighton apart then. :(

This match made me feel for United fans though. I only supported them for 90 minutes and it was truly miserable. Other than Ole's purple patch, if that's what the season's been like for them... that's brutal. I hope they keep Solksjaer for a long time though because I think he's the manager he looked like at Cardiff and the purple patch just came from the players being happy Mourinho's gone.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This match made me feel for United fans though. I only supported them for 90 minutes and it was truly miserable. Other than Ole's purple patch, if that's what the season's been like for them... that's brutal. I hope they keep Solksjaer for a long time though because I think he's the manager he looked like at Cardiff and the purple patch just came from the players being happy Mourinho's gone.

To be fair to him, he’s got to have 18 months to further clear out the utter dross and sign a few players. How we still have some of the low calibre players in this squad is fucking unbelievable after 4/5 years. 

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

To be fair to him, he’s got to have 18 months to further clear out the utter dross and sign a few players. How we still have some of the low calibre players in this squad is fucking unbelievable after 4/5 years. 

At first I thought Mourinho was taking the piss when he said the biggest achievement of his career was taking that team of wasters and getting them to 2nd place. It's honestly a remarkable achievement.

Other than Rashford and De Gea, all of the players you had out on the pitch today are nowhere near good enough to be playing for Manchester United. So I hope you keep them all, give them contract extensions, and sell De Gea and Rashford.

I actually thought United were really good for the first 40 minutes, but you've got to stay in the game. United seemed totally spent from half time on, which is just bizarre when Spurs on the back of a gruelling CL tie and relegation sides can go out and defend reasonably well for at least most of the game. 

If you're only 1-0 down at around 80 minutes, and you've got some energy left in the tank, then anything is possible, but neither seemed true for United. 

With a different goalie performance maybe it stays 1-0 but they didn't look like they could muster a big push for a late goal either way.

1 minute ago, shut up said:

I think Newcastle will take points off liverpool.

Hard to see city losing it from here

Aside from that, I don't see City dropping anymore points this season.

I don't see Burnley or Leicester doing anything. I also think we're more likely to drop points against Wolves not Newcastle.

It's a shame and I'm gutted, but I think we've lost the league today. Hopefully we can smash Barca and make another CL final.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

False. 

rs_20190303181133-1024x676.jpg

Liverpool are about the only team to get a point at Goodison recently to be fair to them. City (and West Ham, Spurs, Wolves and Leicester) just caught us at the right time :ph34r:.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

False. 

rs_20190303181133-1024x676.jpg

Nah if anything we should have beaten that useless pile of shite that is Man Utd at Old Trafford. Everton are actually in decent form after they got over that wobble from Pickford deciding to gift Origi the goal of the season.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah if anything we should have beaten that useless pile of shite that is Man Utd at Old Trafford. Everton are actually in decent form after they got over that wobble from Pickford deciding to gift Origi the goal of the season.

Nope. That was the game that essentially lost your place at the top. 

No shame in it. The fact Liverpool kept up with this City team is a feat itself. But if Liverpool win their remaining games and still don't win the league, people will look back at the game that lost them the top spot. Which was Everton away. 

12 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Feel sorry for the outfield players tonight. They matched City today, the difference was that prick in goal.

xD

I'd say you matched them for the first half hour tops, then they took control. 

You saw the City midfield crank it up. More urgency, quicker play. Kept the ball and dictated the game. The goals were always coming for me.

That was vintage David Silva tonight. He's been off his game recently but he absolutely toyed with United. Bernardo and Sane got the goals but he orchestrated the tempo of the game.

And that is a sign of a class player, one who delivers in a big game. Take note Paul Pogba.

That said, not going to scapegoat Pogba all the time because I don't see any other United player try and shoulder the burden. Other than Rashford whose speed looked a threat, I couldn't see one bright spark for United.

Yes there was desire but that's never enough. Burnley have desire and have less quality at their disposal, but doesn't stop them scoring goals.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Nope. That was the game that essentially lost your place at the top. 

No shame in it. The fact Liverpool kept up with this City team is a feat itself. But if Liverpool win their remaining games and still don't win the league, people will look back at the game that lost them the top spot. Which was Everton away. 

Nah there's absolutely shame in the fact we drew with both this Manchester United and that Everton.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah there's absolutely shame in the fact we drew with both this Manchester United and that Everton.

No one expected you to keep up with City this point in the season let alone only losing one game. You overachieved with a squad not nearly as deep in depth as City's. 

Just now, Cicero said:

No one expected you to keep up with City this point in the season let alone only losing one game. You overachieved with a squad not nearly as deep in depth as City's. 

I agree that nobody expected us to keep up with City or to lose one game, but it's still shameful that we could only get 4 points from both of those showers of shite.

• The title was changed to Manchester United 0-2 Manchester City - Wednesday 24th April 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived