talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United 0-2 Manchester City - Wednesday 24th April 2019

23 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Feel sorry for the outfield players tonight. They matched City today, the difference was that prick in goal.

Lol how did they match City? The one good chance United created was spectacularly missed by Lingard (who I can't believe starts for Manchester United, if he weren't a Manchester born academy product he'd be at a relegation battling club). Other than that you were largely toothless and the only outfield player of yours that can walk away from that with their head held high is Rashford. The rest of your outfield players were abysmal, regardless of the fact that De Gea embarrassed himself.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Aside from that, I don't see City dropping anymore points this season.

I don't see Burnley or Leicester doing anything. I also think we're more likely to drop points against Wolves not Newcastle.

It's a shame and I'm gutted, but I think we've lost the league today. Hopefully we can smash Barca and make another CL final.

If we were playing City at home we may have had some kind of chance (I know we beat them around Xmas but different scenario). As it's away and City know they just to have win, it's a different proposition. 

As for Wolves against you on the last day, that's a tough game. Their record against top 6 is impressive plus they may still be vying for 7th place, so it's not as if you're playing a side that has jack all to play for. 

• Subscriber

Reckon someone at United has had a word with Neville saying they're upset with his mouthing off on Sunday. Went way over the top praising them in the first half and it was particularly noticeable that every time Pogba made a 10 yard sideways pass Neville mentioned his talent and what great composure he showed.

Let's talk Jesse Lingard a minute. As a United fan, he would infuriate me.

This is a guy who is older than Christian Eriksson. Eriksson was the match winner for his side last night by the way. He's had another impressive season for his club and is probably in the team of the season again.

Lingard on the other hand went into hiding when his club needed him. His manager needed him. He was powderpuff as a threat to City. He's playing for his hometown team, he should be busting a gut more than anyone to impress.

If we are gonna pan Pogba all the time, who is the same age, we should pan Lingard. He likes the limelight as much as anyone going by his Social Media shite.

United need to be ruthless.

Jesse Lingard is 26/27. He should be entering his prime as a Footballer like Eriksson. You cannot consider him a youngster anymore or someone 'with potential'. He will not get any better.

He looks every ounce a player that could play for Everton, West Ham, Watford, Leicester, Palace etc and probably flourish like players of those clubs do.

But not United. No way. Not the standard they expect. There is no winners mentality about him. The only thing going for him is the continuous follows and likes he gets across Social Media. Personally, I'd fuck him off to Geordie Shore or Towie to mingle with the other pretentious fucks.

Get rid of the prick. 

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Let's talk Jesse Lingard a minute. As a United fan, he would infuriate me.

This is a guy who is older than Christian Eriksson.

Not that it matters but Eriksen is older by a few months.

Just want to add this to your post...

• Administrator

Agree with pretty much all of that @Lucas but I'm guessing Pogba gets vilified more (rightly so) because of the 'hype' he creates around himself, not to mention the price tag. Lingard is the local boy makes it big story so probably escapes more negative attention than his French counterpart. 

The most astonishing thing is realising he's now 26/27 and it's properly just hit having read it in black and white. Which is weird cos we had him on loan when we were in the Championship (at the time we also had Kane on loan) so I should know he's gonna be older than that, but feels like he's not aged since then too much... 

57 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No one expected you to keep up with City this point in the season let alone only losing one game. You overachieved with a squad not nearly as deep in depth as City's. 

Better manager that's why. 

Lucas is bang on about Lingard. I always thought he was one of the better players from our 2011 FAYC winning side, probably only Ravel Morrison and Will Keane were more consistently performing at a higher level, and I was delighted to see him finally break through. However, he's really not done anywhere near enough to warrant being a dabbing, muggy knobhead. It's like he's some kind of Pogba wannabe which makes him ten times the cretin Pogba is in my book. Who would want to be like that twat? Kinell! After Pogba and Sanchez Lingard would be the next out of the door. Can't be doing with clowns. United need leaders and professionals and we have none of the former asnd very few of the latter. 

Just compare Lingard to Beckham at the same age (26) - that's Beckham in 2001. Compare their professionalism, their conduct, their contribution to the team, their influence on the game etc etc and it's a huge gulf in every department. Lingard can't even use his (poncy) clothing line as an excuse because Beckham was the biggest tart going but still performed week in week out and contributed an enormous amount to the club's success. In fairness to Lingard he has scored a few goals in finals but meh. Overall he's massively underachieved in my opinion. If he had the right mentality he'd be shining like a diamond amongst the shower of shite he plays with but he's a div. Not quite Ravel Morrison level of div but not far off. Pogba level at least.

The club needs to ban Ed Woodward from playing Football Manager and signing the absolute bollocks players he's spunked the club's money on in the last five years and get someone competent in to run the football club which is what it used to be before 'Football Club' was removed from the badge a long time ago. Slaven Bilic hit the nail on the head the other week when he said the manager needs to be given the power to ruthlessly control all aspects of the football side such as who stays, who goes, who is signed etc. just like Ferguson did. If Ferguson was still there do you really think Woodward would be telling him to treat Pogba with kid gloves? He wouldn't have the balls.

Roy Keane's always spoke the truth about United and he's the only one of Fergie's ex-players who isn't afraid to say what needs to be said (a trait that saw him kicked out as a player) regardless of who cries and whinges about some home truths being shoved down their gobs. This is why all the glorycunts who frequent the abomination that is Red Cafe despise him, a man who has done more for the club than their United bedspreads and curtains ever will, all because he rightly says things like Nani deserved his red card v Real Madrid, Paul Pogba is a shithouse and Old Trafford is full of self-entitled, prawn sandwich eating out of towners there to be entertained rather than support 'their' club. Best player we ever had under Ferguson in my opinion. The greatest I ever saw at Old Trafford by miles :hh:

As for the game, you can't polish a turd so hopefully they'll be flushed away in the summer and replaced by some of our youth players and some big signings (preferably up and coming players rather than 'names' as that's always more enjoyable) to begin our long road back to being decent. I honestly think Ole should be given the opportunity to do what Ferguson demanded when he took the job - to clear all dead wood, make big changes and then give them 3 or 4 years to gel with the odd big money signing added every year. We ain't challenging for anything in the next 2 or 3 years so any ideas of a quick fix can soon be thrown out. The manager needs to be able to shape the side in his own image and be given the backing to bring in the players he wants to play his way. He needs at least 3 or 4 years whatever our results and whatever the likes of Liverpool and Citeh win. The only way to be successful is to worry about yourselves and not what other teams are winning. Worry about what you're not winning and have faith in your long term plans.

But most importantly, keep that cunt Woodward away from anything other than selling advertising to other cunts

• Subscriber

I didn't watch the game and not even keep check of the score, watched a film on Netflix instead and started to read all the reports on the match after and just now, pretty much agree what a lot of other United supporters think is let Ole carry on and Fuck Woody Woodpecker and let Ole decide who he kicks out of the side (deadwood) and who to bring in, as I have said before the likes of Young, Smalling, Jones, Valencia, Sánchez, Fred and POGBA should be given the golden boot up the arse out of the club.

Pogba is a complete waste of space and I often wondered why SAF let him go when the great man was the manager at United, maybe he saw something he did not like, let Pogba fuck off to Real or whoever and let him go disco dancing around some other European city's and Woodward can go with him, the two would make a great Laurel & Hardy comedy act.

Rant over, coffee time.  :coffee:    

• The title was changed to Manchester United 0-2 Manchester City - Wednesday 24th April 2019
  • The topic was unpinned
10 hours ago, Lucas said:

xD

I'd say you matched them for the first half hour tops, then they took control. 

You saw the City midfield crank it up. More urgency, quicker play. Kept the ball and dictated the game. The goals were always coming for me.

That was vintage David Silva tonight. He's been off his game recently but he absolutely toyed with United. Bernardo and Sane got the goals but he orchestrated the tempo of the game.

And that is a sign of a class player, one who delivers in a big game. Take note Paul Pogba.

That said, not going to scapegoat Pogba all the time because I don't see any other United player try and shoulder the burden. Other than Rashford whose speed looked a threat, I couldn't see one bright spark for United.

Yes there was desire but that's never enough. Burnley have desire and have less quality at their disposal, but doesn't stop them scoring goals.

I agree they cranked it up, but we looked comfortable, and weren't really in the kind of trouble that I expected us to be in. We contained them quite well, I knew we had to score first, once they got ahead it was uphill. I personally think Pogba had a decent game, but the movement around him wasn't available. 

10 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Rodgers is gonna make it an ex-Liverpool managers hatrick against Man City:whistling:

Scenes if he's the one who ends up winning you the league... la gran revancha!

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I personally think Pogba had a decent game, but the movement around him wasn't available. 

For the money we paid for him he should be playing more than a decent game and he should be showing his class to the players around him and spur them on, not looking like a spare prick at a wedding. 

6 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

Lucas is bang on about Lingard. I always thought he was one of the better players from our 2011 FAYC winning side, probably only Ravel Morrison and Will Keane were more consistently performing at a higher level, and I was delighted to see him finally break through. However, he's really not done anywhere near enough to warrant being a dabbing, muggy knobhead. It's like he's some kind of Pogba wannabe which makes him ten times the cretin Pogba is in my book. Who would want to be like that twat? Kinell! After Pogba and Sanchez Lingard would be the next out of the door. Can't be doing with clowns. United need leaders and professionals and we have none of the former asnd very few of the latter. 

Just compare Lingard to Beckham at the same age (26) - that's Beckham in 2001. Compare their professionalism, their conduct, their contribution to the team, their influence on the game etc etc and it's a huge gulf in every department. Lingard can't even use his (poncy) clothing line as an excuse because Beckham was the biggest tart going but still performed week in week out and contributed an enormous amount to the club's success. In fairness to Lingard he has scored a few goals in finals but meh. Overall he's massively underachieved in my opinion. If he had the right mentality he'd be shining like a diamond amongst the shower of shite he plays with but he's a div. Not quite Ravel Morrison level of div but not far off. Pogba level at least.

The club needs to ban Ed Woodward from playing Football Manager and signing the absolute bollocks players he's spunked the club's money on in the last five years and get someone competent in to run the football club which is what it used to be before 'Football Club' was removed from the badge a long time ago. Slaven Bilic hit the nail on the head the other week when he said the manager needs to be given the power to ruthlessly control all aspects of the football side such as who stays, who goes, who is signed etc. just like Ferguson did. If Ferguson was still there do you really think Woodward would be telling him to treat Pogba with kid gloves? He wouldn't have the balls.

Roy Keane's always spoke the truth about United and he's the only one of Fergie's ex-players who isn't afraid to say what needs to be said (a trait that saw him kicked out as a player) regardless of who cries and whinges about some home truths being shoved down their gobs. This is why all the glorycunts who frequent the abomination that is Red Cafe despise him, a man who has done more for the club than their United bedspreads and curtains ever will, all because he rightly says things like Nani deserved his red card v Real Madrid, Paul Pogba is a shithouse and Old Trafford is full of self-entitled, prawn sandwich eating out of towners there to be entertained rather than support 'their' club. Best player we ever had under Ferguson in my opinion. The greatest I ever saw at Old Trafford by miles :hh:

As for the game, you can't polish a turd so hopefully they'll be flushed away in the summer and replaced by some of our youth players and some big signings (preferably up and coming players rather than 'names' as that's always more enjoyable) to begin our long road back to being decent. I honestly think Ole should be given the opportunity to do what Ferguson demanded when he took the job - to clear all dead wood, make big changes and then give them 3 or 4 years to gel with the odd big money signing added every year. We ain't challenging for anything in the next 2 or 3 years so any ideas of a quick fix can soon be thrown out. The manager needs to be able to shape the side in his own image and be given the backing to bring in the players he wants to play his way. He needs at least 3 or 4 years whatever our results and whatever the likes of Liverpool and Citeh win. The only way to be successful is to worry about yourselves and not what other teams are winning. Worry about what you're not winning and have faith in your long term plans.

But most importantly, keep that cunt Woodward away from anything other than selling advertising to other cunts

I remember Keane saying nobody could keep up with Beckham in training, I think it was Beckham and Park who smashed the bleep test.

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I agree that nobody expected us to keep up with City or to lose one game, but it's still shameful that we could only get 4 points from both of those showers of shite.

It's shameful we lost at Newcastle too mate but every dog has it's day   ..if we don't win it i will point to that game and the 2pts robbed at Wolves with the offside handball goal that the ref thought he headed in, nevermind the fact he was also offside  :rofl:

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

It's shameful we lost at Newcastle too mate but every dog has it's day   ..if we don't win it i will point to that game and the 2pts robbed at Wolves with the offside handball goal that the ref thought he headed in, nevermind the fact he was also offside  :rofl:

Yeah but you’ve just won the title and I’ve been waiting my whole fucking life

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah but you’ve just won the title and I’ve been waiting my whole fucking life

It will come if you build on this year, you have been the best team we have played for years now   ...or you could just change teams for a day in May :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It will come if you build on this year, you have been the best team we have played for years now   ...or you could just change teams for a day in May :ph34r:

Nah I’d rather have AIDS than support a Manchester side xD - or any other side really. If I’m honest, I’ve actually built up a strong disliking of most other clubs in the country. So LFC forever

Honestly at this point, I don’t think we’ll ever win it. Pretty deflated 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah I’d rather have AIDS than support a Manchester side xD - or any other side really. If I’m honest, I’ve actually built up a strong disliking of most other clubs in the country. So LFC forever

Honestly at this point, I don’t think we’ll ever win it. Pretty deflated 

I get where your coming from, i'm a one team guy too and i used to have a soft spot for Liverpool & Leeds because of manU but now i see Liverpool for the vile club it is :D  ..i still want you to beat united though  ..oneday you will win the title again, you could even do it this season yet

Just now, Happy Blue said:

I get where your coming from, i'm a one team guy too and i used to have a soft spot for Liverpool & Leeds because of manU but now i see Liverpool for the vile club it is :D  ..i still want you to beat united though  ..oneday you will win the title again, you could even do it this season yet

Yeah I used to like you lot too, then you got those Arab twats to put the entirety of their nations GDP into the club.

And for some reason I doubt it, I think I’m cursed or something stupid like that

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I used to like you lot too, then you got those Arab twats to put the entirety of their nations GDP into the club.

And for some reason I doubt it, I think I’m cursed or something stupid like that

Does this mean we have all shifted to Leicester doing us a favor now? haha

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Does this mean we have all shifted to Leicester doing us a favor now? haha

Please don't pin your hopes on us xD

As much as I'm sure Rodgers might want to help Liverpool out, I can't see us beating Man City, especially with us having little to play for as it is...

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

As much as I'm sure Rodgers might want to help Liverpool out, I can't see us beating Man City, especially with us having little to play for as it is...

Im just trying to figure what bus I need to take now because last night I think we were all hoping United would have lady luck on their side but now we've got to move to the next available team to pin our hopes on.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

A draw will do!

Archived