The better place to talk football.

Building Match Fitness & Air Miles - Pre-Season 2019/20

football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Some of us have digested it in another thread already mate xD

Yeah, spotted and commented on my error on the other thread which I entered after this one xD

Let’s call this desert. :ph34r:

• Administrator

Audi Cup today and tomorrow.

Real Madrid 0-1 Tottenham.

Bayern Munich vs Fenerbahce later tonight.

3/4 place play-off & Final tomorrow.

Zinedine Zidane after yet another defeat this pre-season;

”I know I’ve got a great team, I just need to win a game!’

I kid you not, that’s exactly what he said! xD

I’d hate to see Florentino’s face if I were Zidane. O.o

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Sounds like he should have head into the sunset with his 400 Champions Leagues and not come back.

There are just so many things he could’ve said and I am shocked he chose to say that as he knows full well how it will be looked upon in Madrid’s papers and of course Barcelona based papers magnifying it to make it even bigger.

A simple; “There’s been a bit of bad luck at play in today’s result and I’m sure we’ll be in perfect condition for the new season.”

Typical coach jargon twaddle along those lines and instead not to throw raw meat out the the wolves with an agenda.

So Zidane finally get his victory but the Spanish papers are still ripping into him. Real beat Fenerbaçhe 5-3 this evening in an end to end game and the analysis is that Real’s defence is a total shambles and these doesn’t seem to be a fix according to Madrid based journalists. Signings must be made in that department. 

1565224355557.jpg

FC Barcelona take advantage in the first game of the first edition ever of the La Liga-Serie 'A' Cup which was played last night in Miami, USA.

Barça played SSC Napoli and the game ended 2-1 to the Spanish side with goals from Busquets and Rakitić for Barcelona and an Umtiti own-goal for Napoli. The second game will be played this weekend.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Is this like cup winners cup ?

Sounds just like a friendly competition as opposed to an official UEFA competition like CWC was. 

img_mmontilla_20190811-001625_imagenes_m

So in the second La Liga-Serie 'A' Cup game in Michigan FC Barcelona beat SSC Napoli 4-0 with goals from Luis Suárez (2), Antoine Griezmann and Ousmane Dembélé. An exceptional performance from Barcelona with fiudity and lightning speed attacks. Hard to pick out a star performer but the Napoli coach Carlo Ancelotti said this;

"This Barcelona is different to what we've seen so far under Valverde and Messi hasn't even been playing (out injured). Very quick and hard to control just with discipline. Dembélé adds speed and control while Griezmann pulls defenders out of position which means the rest of the talent can pick what to do. It's difficult to choose a protagonist but for me the special player was (Frenkie) de Jong because it took me back some years to another Barcelona. Barça were very intelligent with that signing and his future looks very big."

You can watch the highlights on the following link with the game between Atlético Madrid v Juventus directly after.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/videos/fc-barcelona/20190811/7237733517468430/resumen-del-napoles-barca.html

20190811-637011550161943186_201908112120

Zinedine Zidane's miserable pre-season continues with yet another result that continues to leave so many questions unanswered... Real Madrid drew 2-2 with AS Roma in the 'Green Cup'. Goals from Marcelo and Casemiro for Real Madrid and Perotti and Džeko for AS Roma. Real Madrid then lost the penalty shoot-out by 4-5.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived