talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Oliver Glasner Announced as Wolfsburg Manager From Next Season

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Very interesting. I try to watch Austrian Bundesliga as much as I can; unfortunately not as much as I'd like to so my impressions are definitely limited by that. Glasner's trademark seems to be getting the best out of his players and when it comes to playing style, he prefers very high pressing and aggressive attacking football. 

Will be interesting to see how he does in Wolfsburg.

• The title was changed to Oliver Glasner Announced as Wolfsburg Manager From Next Season
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

giphy.gif

Hehe. Why not? I like to keep up with the leagues in German speaking countries due to the fact that their talents often join German clubs at some point; also have a few Austrian friends who kind of got me into it in the past. And I actually enjoy it too... 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hehe. Why not? I like to keep up with the leagues in German speaking countries due to the fact that their talents often join German clubs at some point; also have a few Austrian friends who kind of got me into it in the past. And I actually enjoy it too... 

I see. Most Austrians I know don't even watch Austrian football :4_joy:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I see. Most Austrians I know don't even watch Austrian football :4_joy:

True... and I find it sad. My local club (which was an absolutely crap semi-professional club but my grandpa played for it at some point and I pretty much knew everyone who did because it was a sort of a mix of a works team and a neighbourhood-representative team) went bankrupt and got dismantled in the 90s and after that I "adopted" Werder as my father's club and it was cool as it helped us bond and I was still young enough to actually care enough to support them, but for me nothing even comes close to supporting your local team regardless of how bad it is. 

Anyway. I pretty much got into Austrian football about 15 years ago thanks to an Austrian friend who's been an avid Austria Salzburg supporter before they got taken over by Red Bull and was involved in the whole protests and stuff when it happened as well as the grounding (or rather the revival) of the "new" Austria Salzburg. Later another friend got me into Sturm Graz and ever since then I just keep up with the league in general. 

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Very interesting. I try to watch Austrian Bundesliga as much as I can; unfortunately not as much as I'd like to so my impressions are definitely limited by that. Glasner's trademark seems to be getting the best out of his players and when it comes to playing style, he prefers very high pressing and aggressive attacking football. 

Will be interesting to see how he does in Wolfsburg.

Sounds interesting but obviously I don't want Wolfsburg to be successful :P

Well. He's certainly no Bruno Labbadia. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Sounds interesting but obviously I don't want Wolfsburg to be successful :P

Well. He's certainly no Bruno Labbadia. 

Neither do I; still looking forward to see how he does though. Granted, I don't think he'll have continuity he had at LASK but for his own sake I hope that he'll be given enough time to develop the team and implement his ideas.

Don't worry! Bruno will certainly be back :x Maybe even taking over MSV and bringing them into the 1. Liga? :o 

4 hours ago, nudge said:

True... and I find it sad. My local club (which was an absolutely crap semi-professional club but my grandpa played for it at some point and I pretty much knew everyone who did because it was a sort of a mix of a works team and a neighbourhood-representative team) went bankrupt and got dismantled in the 90s and after that I "adopted" Werder as my father's club and it was cool as it helped us bond and I was still young enough to actually care enough to support them, but for me nothing even comes close to supporting your local team regardless of how bad it is. 

Anyway. I pretty much got into Austrian football about 15 years ago thanks to an Austrian friend who's been an avid Austria Salzburg supporter before they got taken over by Red Bull and was involved in the whole protests and stuff when it happened as well as the grounding (or rather the revival) of the "new" Austria Salzburg. Later another friend got me into Sturm Graz and ever since then I just keep up with the league in general. 

Interesting. I've watched Austrian Bundesliga from time to time back when it was still broadcasted on SKY (or Premiere back than?), and it was entertaining. Not really high level football, but entertaining. 

Archived