talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2018/19 - 27th April - 1st May, 2019

football forum

15 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Fair play to bielsa but it’s cost us El Ghazi in the playoffs now because his teams scummy move. I always wondered about the dirty Leeds tag, I can’t argue with it on today’s showing, glad they’ve fucked automatic now tbh. 

Bamfords an utter cunt

Dont you play Norwich next?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Play to the whistle? This isn't cricket. 

26 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Embarrassing from Villa that. 

Bet neither of you watched the game. For context 

5mins before we put the ball out just outside their box in a strong attacking position by the corner because Forshaw went down injured. 2mins later they didn’t return the favour and played on both benches exchanged words. 

Then the incident they clearly start to stop, we stop and they they carry on or at least 2 of them do and it’s irrelevant anyway because Klich was offside. Then in the aftermath Bamford goes down and gets a player sent off because he’s a diving little cunt. So they’ve simulated that they were stopped and got a player sent off by cheating in a 2min period. 

Something their fans gave dogs abuse to Grealish who didn’t dive btw just rode several ankle breaking tackles in the first half. That’s why the first 45mims were shit, the flow of the game got disrupted because constant fouling. 

Personally as fuck all was riding on it I didn’t feel they needed to gift us a goal I was more pissed about the sending off, but I accept the gesture of sportsmanship from Bielsa. Personally felt Bamford was a cunt, not to fused about Jansson I can respect the desire to win and him not being at peace with it. 

Disgraceful goal solely for Tyler Roberts pretending he'd put it out. You don't have to put it out, but faking that you will is something else. In sporting and gentlemanly conduct terms you can't get much lower than that without breaking the rules.

Bielsa doing the right thing.

• Administrator

I've only seen the clip that's going round on Twitter so not seen the Forshaw incident but can't argue that Leeds perhaps, sportingly, should have put the ball out if Villa have done the same for one of their players. I also agree about playing to the whistle, however, but if a Leeds player almost goes to put it out but then carries on that's a bit naughty and smarmy.

The melee afterwards is OTT. Obviously can understand Villa must have been raging about it all though; didn't see a close-up replay of what happened between El Ghazi and Bamford; the assistant seemed pretty convinced the Villa player did something but perhaps one for the officials to look back on.

Bielsa's ironically been very sporting though in letting Leeds score. Jansson didn't seem to get the memo from the team or Bielsa though as it looked like he was about to tackle Adomah. xD. Can imagine there'd have been more handbags if he did take him out. Even his own players seemed to have a go at him. 

Would be carnage and very exciting to watch if they can meet in the play-offs, especially in the final.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Michael Simeonovitch said:

Really hope Leeds finish 3rd and Villa 6th.

Because that matchup is going to be spicy.

These play-offs are going to be amazing. You've got Aston Villa v West Brom which is a derby and Leeds v Derby which has some bad blood in it from spygate this season. You would also expect that Aston Villa v Leeds is the final from this as well.

I love the play-offs. They're not really fair but they frequently produce brilliant games and they keep the season alive on the whole.

My thoughts on today.

Bamford is an idiot. I'd ban him myself if i could. Disgusting behaviour and I don't condone it.

The 'goal' and hysterics after it were all childish. Several arguments for and against what should have happened.

What i will say is Kodjia went down two times before very easily, I'm not surprised we carried on. 

Klich received the ball unaware someone was injured and scored. He apologised after the game to Dean Smith when he knew what happened.

It's very unprofessional of Villa players to give up on play like that, we are talking about football basics here. They should have played to the whistle.

Bielsa has shown great sportsmanship in giving them the goal but I think he done it because he felt he had to given the spygate outcry. 

Pontus Jansson is a very emotive man. Not saying I agree with his actions to stop Adomah going through, but I understand them. 

Jack Grealish is a talented boy. But he must accept, he will be a target for the opposition because of his skill. I thought we did a very good job on him today and to be perfectly frank, i think the incident at Birmingham a couple months ago has only given added protection to him. He went down a little too easy for my liking during the game.

Stuart Atwell had an appalling game and because he was so poor and didnt gain control, we saw the game get very niggly.

As far as the actual game goes, Villa defended really well. Tyrone Mings was colossal. We dominated possession and had twice as many attempts but I don't think we created enough clear cut opportunities.

It was a positive response given the heartbreak we suffered at not going up. So we've at least shown we are up for the fight now, and it will be a fight.

I don't believe we will do it if i'm honest but if we did play Villa in the final, going in unbeaten against them is psychologically good. Also, i think the bigger pitch at Wembley would work well for us from a tactical point of view. We could really stretch them and tire them out the amount we have the ball.

Anyway we'll see what happens. Still pissed and depressed we fucked this whole thing up to be frank. We should be celebrating now and going bananas. 

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Jack Grealish is a talented boy. But he must accept, he will be a target for the opposition because of his skill. I thought we did a very good job on him today and to be perfectly frank, i think the incident at Birmingham a couple months ago has only given added protection to him. He went down a little too easy for my liking during the game.

I disagree on this, the game has moved on from the 70’s defenders have had to improve, jack make go down easy to get a free kick but it’s because there’s some form of contact, look at this challenge there were several that are just as bad, it’s career threatening thuggery and no need for it. 

807F387E-F966-4401-8985-6492F10D9AD4.jpeg

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

Klich received the ball unaware someone was injured and scored. He apologised after the game to Dean Smith when he knew what happened.

It's very unprofessional of Villa players to give up on play like that, we are talking about football basics here. They should have played to the whistle.

Roberts puts him palm up as if to say “okay I’m stopping” so we stop. You’re probably right in play to the whistle but it’s the footballing equivalent of a cheap shot. It’s like a boxer feigning injury and the opponent dropping his guard only to get sucker punched, it was no matter how you cut it, a sly move. What compounds it is we did it for you minutes before in a better position and what’s also forgotten is Kodjia didn’t return to play I believe his season is over. 

9 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I disagree on this, the game has moved on from the 70’s defenders have had to improve, jack make go down easy to get a free kick but it’s because there’s some form of contact, look at this challenge there were several that are just as bad, it’s career threatening thuggery and no need for it. 

807F387E-F966-4401-8985-6492F10D9AD4.jpeg

We will agree to disagree I'm afraid. Grealish was going over too easily in my opinion to the point it was daft. When that happens, I can see why players get wound up and want to go in on him. The ref over-potected him for me.

As for that challenge, a picture speaks a thousand words but from another angle that Cooper challenge was brilliant. Never a Yellow. He won the ball clean, his momentum just went into Grealish. 

We need to remember this is a contact sport. It's getting a bit silly these days what the ref's are blowing up for.

Personally, despite the fact tempers were flared yesterday, I've no beef with Villa. The referee had a shocking game he didn't keep a lid on and contributed to everything that followed. Certainly no ill feeling to the club and wish them luck in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

We will agree to disagree I'm afraid. Grealish was going over too easily in my opinion to the point it was daft. When that happens, I can see why players get wound up and want to go in on him. The ref over-potected him for me.

As for that challenge, a picture speaks a thousand words but from another angle that Cooper challenge was brilliant. Never a Yellow. He won the ball clean, his momentum just went into Grealish. 

We need to remember this is a contact sport. It's getting a bit silly these days what the ref's are blowing up for.

Personally, despite the fact tempers were flared yesterday, I've no beef with Villa. The referee had a shocking game he didn't keep a lid on and contributed to everything that followed. Certainly no ill feeling to the club and wish them luck in the playoffs.

Zoom in on his ankle, it’s double knees it’s arguably a straight red. 

Grealish has been fouled 150 times this season, booked for simultation count is 0, he’s fleet footed and has that ability to just put the ball half a yard outside the defenders reach so the frequently take him. 

When I was a kid in the 90’s that was “full blooded” but you haven’t been able to go in like that for about a decade now, he’s off his feet. 

That gif shows the player has no control over his studs being up as he goes for the ball...defo a card. I do think “contact sport” is confused with shit tackling these days. People talk about the full blooded tackles of the past but they weren’t technically good tackles. Clear foul that.

Also anyone who thinks that Leeds goal shouldn’t have stood needs to get a grip, a striker goes down holding his legs. Play to the whistle, no head injury. Leeds players should have saved their managers arse and not allowed Villa to walk through, agree with @Lucas that he done it because of spygate.

59 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Zoom in on his ankle, it’s double knees it’s arguably a straight red. 

Grealish has been fouled 150 times this season, booked for simultation count is 0, he’s fleet footed and has that ability to just put the ball half a yard outside the defenders reach so the frequently take him. 

When I was a kid in the 90’s that was “full blooded” but you haven’t been able to go in like that for about a decade now, he’s off his feet. 

We can debate till the cows come home mate, Grealish goes down way too easily throughout the game for me regardless of whether he's been booked for diving or not. You can't touch him without him dropping to the deck. Kalvin Phillips stuck to him like glue and marked him well I thought.

And as for that challenge, what annoys me about Cooper getting the yellow was he won the ball clean as a whistle with what I'd call a fair challenge, and his momentum followed through. You can't odds that sometimes. It wasn't a bad challenge at all in my opinion.

IMG_20190429_201710.thumb.jpg.e58d3d185db1196a6d72c1a5a1908606.jpg

As i said before, a picture says a thousand words.

You are right to be protective of your player as I am mine. And for me I back Cooper 100%.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

That gif shows the player has no control over his studs being up as he goes for the ball...defo a card. I do think “contact sport” is confused with shit tackling these days. People talk about the full blooded tackles of the past but they weren’t technically good tackles. Clear foul that.

Also anyone who thinks that Leeds goal shouldn’t have stood needs to get a grip, a striker goes down holding his legs. Play to the whistle, no head injury. Leeds players should have saved their managers arse and not allowed Villa to walk through, agree with @Lucas that he done it because of spygate.

Agreed, A lot of the tackles were just designed to put the frightners on players with better skills, stop them at any cost, It's hardly a skill to just hurl yourself like that toward another player and bring him down regardless of getting the ball or not, getting your foot on the ball is one thing then there is throwing your whole body at a player and its bloody dangerous as well.. 

Why are people surprised, it is Leeds after all.. there was probably a lot of frustration in that match as they have seen their automatic promotion hopes go up in smoke.. 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Agreed, A lot of the tackles were just designed to put the frightners on players with better skills, stop them at any cost, It's hardly a skill to just hurl yourself like that toward another player and bring him down regardless of getting the ball or not, getting your foot on the ball is one thing then there is throwing your whole body at a player and its bloody dangerous as well.. 

Why are people surprised, it is Leeds after all.. there was probably a lot of frustration in that match as they have seen their automatic promotion hopes go up in smoke.. 

What is this supposed to mean exactly?

Sounds like you are forming an opinion based on prejudice, which would be a disappointingly poor show on someone who is usually a very sound and balanced poster.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived