talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2018/19 - 27th April - 1st May, 2019

football forum

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren Ferguson is a true vile character. 

And now it's time for Peterborough to milk the clock, go down with every breeze, and take 2.5 minutes to complete a throw in. Refs have to be more diligent with this nonsense. 

11 hours ago, Lucas said:

Haha. Yeah OK Danny, nice one.

Not even a defender in sight. Going over before the keeper even touched him.

Cheat.

IMG_20190430_115357.thumb.jpg.7f66dc6ec1c05f2708d5c5296d7ab84f.jpg

IMG_20190430_115405.thumb.jpg.aff8c44fc553f910c48a7e824122a00f.jpg

You realise if he gets caught both feet flat on the ground he could easily break a leg? Players jump out of challenges or fall into them for their own safety 

17 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You realise if he gets caught both feet flat on the ground he could easily break a leg? Players jump out of challenges or fall into them for their own safety 

Totally understand that in some cases but not on that occasion no way. He could have hurdled the keeper if he was that worried but no, he bought a ticket, conned the ref and it worked. Just as he did against Barnet in the cup. He's a cheat.

I've said my bit on him now purely as Danny had the audacity to bring it up and back his man for cheating. I'm not going to go round in circles with this particular incident that's for sure because we're so far off tangent now we could literally debate several aspects.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Totally understand that in some cases but not on that occasion no way. He could have hurdled the keeper if he was that worried but no, he bought a ticket, conned the ref and it worked. Just as he did against Barnet in the cup. He's a cheat.

I've said my bit on him now purely as Danny had the audacity to bring it up and back his man for cheating. I'm not going to go round in circles with this particular incident that's for sure because we're so far off tangent now we could literally debate several aspects.

xD Why the fuck would he do that? He doesn't get a penalty if he springs over the keeper. Do you expect players to dodge challenges in the penalty area instead of ride them and consider them a cheat if they don't? 

If the keeper rushes you and you flick the ball away and the keeper takes you out it's a penalty. Penalties are good. You want them. You're not cheating for not leaping the keeper and you're not cheating for falling into it to avoid serious injury. 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

xD Why the fuck would he do that? He doesn't get a penalty if he springs over the keeper. Do you expect players to dodge challenges in the penalty area instead of ride them and consider them a cheat if they don't? 

If the keeper rushes you and you flick the ball away and the keeper takes you out it's a penalty. Penalties are good. You want them. You're not cheating for not leaping the keeper and you're not cheating for falling into it to avoid serious injury. 

Or you could just try and score? Penalties are good but goals are better. 

If I remember correctly, the clip that Lucas has shown in the pictures is where Watkins could have hurdled the keeper and gone on to score (or flicked the ball over the keeper to score). 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Or you could just try and score? Penalties are good but goals are better. 

If I remember correctly, the clip that Lucas has shown in the pictures is where Watkins could have hurdled the keeper and gone on to score (or flicked the ball over the keeper to score). 

I was just having this convo with a mate, and he agreed. I don't know how much football you play, but take my word for it. Chipping the keeper is hard. Flicking the ball just past him but close enough to regather it and get to it first and score is hard. Running strait at him and knocking it out of his reach at the last second is very easy. 

14 hours ago, Lucas said:

Unlucky @Eco, it hurts doesn't it.

Welcome to the chokers club with us.

Here's to losing in the playoffs.

Home fixture with so much on the line, and that's the performance the lads put out. No urgency, and a total bottle job. 

Still irritates the shit out of me..

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I was just having this convo with a mate, and he agreed. I don't know how much football you play, but take my word for it. Chipping the keeper is hard. Flicking the ball just past him but close enough to regather it and get to it first and score is hard. Running strait at him and knocking it out of his reach at the last second is very easy. 

I play and I know it's not easy. Not what I was alluding to though. Wherever the ball goes I don't exactly try and con the ref by falling over without contact. 

What Watkins did seemed intentional in that he knew he would go down before any contact would have come - as you see from the clips he's on the way down immediately after kicking the ball but pre-empting any contact which makes it look like a dive. 

52 minutes ago, Stan said:

I play and I know it's not easy. Not what I was alluding to though. Wherever the ball goes I don't exactly try and con the ref by falling over without contact. 

What Watkins did seemed intentional in that he knew he would go down before any contact would have come - as you see from the clips he's on the way down immediately after kicking the ball but pre-empting any contact which makes it look like a dive. 

As I said. You do that to avoid injury. And it doesn't matter if it 'looks like a dive' If you get cleaned up by the keeper without the ball it's a stonewall pen

Still Pissed about Pittman fucking up the breakaway that would have made it 3-2 Portsmouth. Can't find the video of it, but if some does, I dare you to watch it without face palming and getting nauseous. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/04/2019 at 15:36, Gunnersauraus said:

I think if city don't go up this year that should be the end for Lee Johnson. I think manager should get two years if possible. Personally I think city should go all out to get the Cowley brothers @BounceAroundTheGround

He's taken a team from the relegation zone to playoff contenders in 3 seasons with an average budget. Sacking him would be very unfair imo and simply won't happen. 

1 minute ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

He's taken a team from the relegation zone to playoff contenders in 3 seasons with an average budget. Sacking him would be very unfair imo and simply won't happen. 

I didn't actually know he had a tight budget. There were rumours that Brighton were interested so figured he must be doing something right 

Archived