talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2018/19 - 27th April - 1st May, 2019

football forum

42 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It means that Leeds are known for their foul play... They have amassed 277 fouls this season and is the 3rd worst in the division

What source is that may I ask?

Because from what I can see, we are actually the 12th worst...which probably means we aren't actually that dirty...

1852177398_Screenshot_20190429-211615_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.140e6d7ded3d88cd9c3d06e87d0ab165.jpg

Oh, by the way, we're the 7th most fouled team in the league which makes sense given the amount of possession we have and the way we play our football.

So not bad going for a side with a 'dirty' tag IMO...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

What source is that may I ask?

Because from what I can see, we are actually the 11th worst...which probably means we aren't actually that dirty...

1852177398_Screenshot_20190429-211615_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.140e6d7ded3d88cd9c3d06e87d0ab165.jpg

I suppose it depends where you get your information from.. I got mine from the Fair Play Table... 

3009l5y.png

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I suppose it depends where you get your information from.. I got mine from the Fair Play Table... 

3009l5y.png

Have Preston seriously only conceded 45 fouls this season?! 

That's only 1 per game :o 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Have Preston seriously only conceded 45 fouls this season?! 

That's only 1 per game :o 

Again I think it depends on where you get your information, I have seen another table where Leeds were 5th worse and Preston have 78 fouls?? Forest and Derby were the worst 2 offenders on that list for example.. They don't just calculate fouls and cards though, they also include conduct towards officials etc so I suppose the info can be a bit hit and miss depending on who compiles them and for what sites.. You would think it would all be the same though as they can only get that info from official sources you would have thought?? 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Again I think it depends on where you get your information, I have seen another table where Leeds were 5th worse and Preston have 78 fouls?? Forest and Derby were the worst 2 offenders on that list for example.. They don't just calculate fouls and cards though, they also include conduct towards officials etc so I suppose the info can be a bit hit and miss depending on who compiles them and for what sites.. You would think it would all be the same though as they can only get that info from official sources you would have thought?? 

Yeah just staggering that one source has Leeds committing 277 fouls (approx 6 per game) and Preston committing only 45. Doesn't make sense. 

Hard to tell just basing it on fouls, either. A small push in the back is not the same as a tackle from behind which results in a player's injury.

Perhaps 'dirtiest' is more discernible from how many yellows/reds a team gets which is more black and white...

Forest have 100 yellow cards (the most). By comparison, Leeds have 81 (5th).

Preston/Wigan/Forest all have 4 straight reds (joint most). By comparison, Leeds have had 2 (same as Villa and 9 other teams). 

NB - yellow cards can be shown for more than just fouls, though - dissent, shirt off during celebration, celebrating with the crowd etc...

@Bluewolf I like you and have a lot of time for your posts but in this particular debate, that source looks useless.

I think it's fair to say we are far from the dirtiest side in the league.

But we do have a 'Dirty Leeds' tag from the 70's. So easy to see where people get that generalisation of Leeds after all.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

@Bluewolf I like you and have a lot of time for your posts but in this particular debate, that source looks useless.

But we do have a 'Dirty Leeds' tag from the 70's. So easy to see where people get that generalisation of Leeds after all.

It's 'transfrmarkt' which are usually reliable when it comes to (very specific) stats. Doesn't say how they determine a 'foul' though. 

I don't think you're dirtiest side in the league. Usually sides at the bottom of the league or those that use physicality to make up for other shortcomings for good football i.e. Middlesbrough/Stoke and the like are classed as dirtier or more aggressive these days.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

It's a fair play table so not entirely useless, I could probably find another 3 that tell us a similar story but if we are going to dismiss them as useless because Leeds might appear in the top 5 of each of them then this particular debate is already dead in the water. The point being made is that Leeds have committed quite a high number of fouls this season hence my 'shouldn't be surprised' comment, I appreciate that your first thought was my thinking the Dirty Leeds of a bygone era which is why you asked for an explanation... I might be older but I do try where possible to keep my comments era appropriate unless I am just fishing around for a bit of fun.. 

Dirty DoF though, broke into a doping room after trying our changing room to chase one of our forwards after winning a penalty at at Elland Road. Not sure what I like more tbh, Watkins getting under their skin that much or a DoF with the balls to chase a player around a stadium 😂

31 minutes ago, Danny said:

Dirty DoF though, broke into a doping room after trying our changing room to chase one of our forwards after winning a penalty at at Elland Road. Not sure what I like more tbh, Watkins getting under their skin that much or a DoF with the balls to chase a player around a stadium 😂

Ollie Watkins is a cheating bastard to be fair. He did us and he did Barnet too. Both looked horrendous on TV.

If you like to take solace from that, fair play, whatever floats your boat but I think you lose credibility for championing a cheat.

41 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's a fair play table so not entirely useless, I could probably find another 3 that tell us a similar story but if we are going to dismiss them as useless because Leeds might appear in the top 5 of each of them then this particular debate is already dead in the water. The point being made is that Leeds have committed quite a high number of fouls this season hence my 'shouldn't be surprised' comment, I appreciate that your first thought was my thinking the Dirty Leeds of a bygone era which is why you asked for an explanation... I might be older but I do try where possible to keep my comments era appropriate unless I am just fishing around for a bit of fun.. 

Quite a high number in your opinion, but 11 over clubs have committed more in the league so not sure where they stand in your eyes in relation to us.

To be fair as well, pretty much every game we have the majority of possession by arguably 60/40 or more, including yesterday where it was closer to 70/30.

So I wouldn't expect us to be one of the dirtiest when we have so much of the ball during a game. Just my thought though.

11 hours ago, Lucas said:

Ollie Watkins is a cheating bastard to be fair. He did us and he did Barnet too. Both looked horrendous on TV.

If you like to take solace from that, fair play, whatever floats your boat but I think you lose credibility for championing a cheat.

Again replay at yours clearly shows your defender made contact, a pen whatever is happening.

You can play the morale highground card but diving is a part of the game like it or lump it. I hate to see it but if authorities won’t take appropriate action then fair play to the players getting an advantage from it.

But I was also saying as much as I loved the fact his penalty (correctly given) riles your lot up so much, I like that your DoF went Mafia mode searching for him 😂

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Again replay at yours clearly shows your defender made contact, a pen whatever is happening.

You can play the morale highground card but diving is a part of the game like it or lump it. I hate to see it but if authorities won’t take appropriate action then fair play to the players getting an advantage from it.

But I was also saying as much as I loved the fact his penalty (correctly given) riles your lot up so much, I like that your DoF went Mafia mode searching for him 😂

Haha. Yeah OK Danny, nice one.

Not even a defender in sight. Going over before the keeper even touched him.

Cheat.

IMG_20190430_115357.thumb.jpg.7f66dc6ec1c05f2708d5c5296d7ab84f.jpg

IMG_20190430_115405.thumb.jpg.aff8c44fc553f910c48a7e824122a00f.jpg

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Haha. Yeah OK Danny, nice one.

Not even a defender in sight. Going over before the keeper even touched him.

Cheat.

IMG_20190430_115357.thumb.jpg.7f66dc6ec1c05f2708d5c5296d7ab84f.jpg

IMG_20190430_115405.thumb.jpg.aff8c44fc553f910c48a7e824122a00f.jpg

And then the keeper goes through his legs, which is a foul....which is a penalty

El Ghazi red rightfully rescinded.

Bamford is a joke, you won't many Leeds fans condoning that behaviour. He's an embarrassment and he will have to take his medicine after this because he'll get a lot of stick.

Tell you what else is a joke though. Connor Hourihane on TV punching Klich in the midrift and an independent panel deeming it not violent conduct.

We had Pontus Jansson banned earlier in the season for swearing on Sky TV after the Brentford game when the ref had a shocker.

I can't help but wonder sometimes if there is an agenda against us.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

El Ghazi red rightfully rescinded.

Bamford is a joke, you won't many Leeds fans condoning that behaviour. He's an embarrassment and he will have to take his medicine after this because he'll get a lot of stick.

Tell you what else is a joke though. Connor Hourihane on TV punching Klich in the midrift and an independent panel deeming it not violent conduct.

We had Pontus Jansson banned earlier in the season for swearing on Sky TV after the Brentford game when the ref had a shocker.

I can't help but wonder sometimes if there is an agenda against us.

Tbh I agree with you on all 3 incidents Hourihane did give him a little dig, it’s a fanny punch but rules are rules

20 hours ago, Lucas said:

Quite a high number in your opinion, but 11 over clubs have committed more in the league so not sure where they stand in your eyes in relation to us.

To be fair as well, pretty much every game we have the majority of possession by arguably 60/40 or more, including yesterday where it was closer to 70/30.

So I wouldn't expect us to be one of the dirtiest when we have so much of the ball during a game. Just my thought though.

I would have thought fouls more likely but to take place when you’re without possession so arguably if you’re high up in foul stats but also high in possession you’re fouling more than a side that’s not got great possession, if that makes sense

• The topic was unpinned

Archived