The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 5-0 Huddersfield - Friday 26th April, 2019

football forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, Dan said:

14/1 for both you and Man City to do it.

Annoyingly, it was 28/1 for Man City to get 90+, Liverpool 80+ and Arsenal 70+. That's one Arsenal & Man City goal off paying out. Ridiculous.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Wow. I guess there was less confidence about what lay ahead for Arsenal. In hindsight that looks incredible value. I'd look for it again next year.

I've got on that. Looks almost certain to come in. 

5 hours ago, Dan said:

14/1 for both you and Man City to do it.

Annoyingly, it was 28/1 for Man City to get 90+, Liverpool 80+ and Arsenal 70+. That's one Arsenal & Man City goal off paying out. Ridiculous.

I'm on Liverpool and Man City 85+ and Arsenal 75+. 18/1

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, Harry said:

In what circumstance could that goal difference be relevant? Man City lose one of the next 3 and we draw one?

Fuck we'd be unlucky if that happened.

I'll take anything if it gets to that point and tbh we were almost there yesterday too. I dont think this City team is impervious to a draw much less a loss and yes I havent given up hope yet. We also have Champion League football which they dont and when you look at the history of how teams have suddenly shown up in the later stages of the season to hand out draws and defeats to teams they shouldn't even be winning against its not unlikely that we'll get into that situation (I hope we dont but it is possible).

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Stan said:

I've got on that. Looks almost certain to come in. 

I can't believe I missed it. Twice as big a price (ish) for something that's actually more likely to come in. Arsenal getting 70 isn't a surprise in the slightest.

42 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'll take anything if it gets to that point and tbh we were almost there yesterday too. I dont think this City team is impervious to a draw much less a loss and yes I havent given up hope yet. We also have Champion League football which they dont and when you look at the history of how teams have suddenly shown up in the later stages of the season to hand out draws and defeats to teams they shouldn't even be winning against its not unlikely that we'll get into that situation (I hope we dont but it is possible).

The goal difference gap has closed to 3.

Hypothetically City lose to Burnley 3-0 and we draw to Newcastle then we're tired on points and goal difference. What is the next tiebreaker?

Imagine going into the final game with both teams level on points and goal difference!? 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hypothetically City lose to Burnley 3-0 and we draw to Newcastle then we're tired on points and goal difference. What is the next tiebreaker?

Imagine going into the final game with both teams level on points and goal difference!? 

Goals scored I think.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Harry said:

While that is a scary proposition I'd prefer that than knowing we're actually behind them even though the board shows us at the top for now.

Archived