Ghosts

football forum

Do ghosts exist?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do ghosts exist?

• Yes
    • No

• Subscriber

As I mentioned in this thread way back in the posts I have seen a ghost in this flat of a lady and I think it's a lady deceased from the wife's side of the family and I still think she hangs around.

A lot of the wife's things like tweezers, nail files etc disappear and the wife will search high and low for whatever and after a couple of days she will find the missing article back in the place that she already looked like a drawer, also, at nights we will switch the tv off and go to bed and many a time I have come back into the lounge the next morning and the tv would be back on, I normally say to the wife after "We had a guest in here again last night..." :coffee: 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

As I mentioned in this thread way back in the posts I have seen a ghost in this flat of a lady and I think it's a lady deceased from the wife's side of the family and I still think she hangs around.

A lot of the wife's things like tweezers, nail files etc disappear and the wife will search high and low for whatever and after a couple of days she will find the missing article back in the place that she already looked like a drawer, also, at nights we will switch the tv off and go to bed and many a time I have come back into the lounge the next morning and the tv would be back on, I normally say to the wife after "We had a guest in here again last night..." :coffee: 

Sounds similar to what my uncles in laws once said. They say their house has a white lady there who you see now and then. She doesn't attack or anything, you just see her walking in the opposite direction. 

On 21/04/2017 at 20:41, nudge said:

I'm not a believer in supernatural myself, but there is one weird ghost-story told by my grandma who normally is a pretty logical woman herself and isn't known to make shit up haha.

She was living in a remote farmstead some 70 years ago and working as a young teacher in a nearby village about 6 kilometers away. It was All Saints' Eve, so a cold, dark and windy November night, and she was walking back home from her shift at school as usual. Now, I know this village pretty well as I used to spend my summers there as a child, and I walked this road myself a million times (as that's where the closest fucking grocery shop was); it's just a straight gravel road, some trees, and a few lonely secluded farmsteads along the way. It's also an extremely boring village where everyone knows everyone and where nothing ever happens - except this one time when a farmer in one of those farmsteads murdered his own brother and then topped himself too just a few weeks before this story happened. So as she is just passing by this exact farmstead, she suddenly hears steps behind her out of nowhere - and that's definitely creepy as fuck, because normally, you don't meet anyone on that road even 70 years later haha - so she scarily turns around, sees a tall, dark figure, tries to walk faster, but the steps behind her get faster and louder too, at this point she's obviously scared to death already. As the dark figure approaches, she manages to mumble some sort of "good evening" under her breath, the figure passes her by without answering or even looking at her, my grandma tries to take a quick look at his face - yep, looks exactly like the guy who killed his brother and himself just a while ago - and then the dark figure turns right off the road where the farmstead ends and completely disappears in the dark fields. She said she ran all the way home without looking back, and then avoided that place for the rest of her life.

Loved being told this story before bed as a child, but my grandma was visibly shaken each time she told it, even 50 years after, so while I don't know what the fuck happened that night, she was definitely not making it up. 

Yea, thanks. Not leaving my house when it's dark outside for a while.. 

•  

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, thanks. Not leaving my house when it's dark outside for a while.. 

I would love to knock at your door and say.............................................................................................. 

HERES JOHNNY

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f99qvjfeakktk7802f  giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f99qvjfeakktk7802f

Something very scary happened to me as a child that's lived with me my whole life and still puts hairs up on the back on my neck. I was about 10 years old and it was a hot summers day, my mum told me were going to visit her friends house in Sale, Greater Manchester. So we arrive and it's a big old style house with a huge garden, we sat in the garden and my mum being young at the time was sunbathing on a blanket next to her friend. 

I was basically bored to tears annoying them so my mums friend suggested I go up to her teenage sons room and have a look around at his football magazines and football big heads collection. I didn't need asking twice so I shot upstairs, when I reached the top I had to have a nosey around because I was a little shit of a lad so went into each room for a nosey, the last room at the end of the hall had nothing but a bed and a arm chair in there and remember feeling totally uneasy in there. Anyway rushing off I ended up back in lads room looking at his mags on the floor, that's when I felt someone walk up and stand right behind me, I can remember it clear as day as I could feel a weight against my back. 

Quickly I turned round expecting to be told off by my Mum or her friend but was absolutely terrified to find there was nobody standing there, bang I got up and ran for it, I don't even remember touching a single step as I flew down the stairs into the garden on to the rug. My mum and her friend in a panic held and asked me what was up and as I explain my Mums friend blurted out I told you so Helen, I told you!!

My mum at the time managed to sush her friend and told me it was my imagination and that what her friend was referring to was that I might get scared in a big old house. It wasn't until I was older and we were sat around the dinner table with my now wife that the story was spoken of again and that her friend had told her that several people had felt the same feeling and that her son was terrified of staying on his own in his bedroom in the house. The room which I'd been nosey in with the bed and the arm chair was her mothers room and it's the room she nursed her mother to death.

Still get the weird feeling of hair standing on my neck till this day whenever I speak about this. 

53 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Don't believe in ghosts or spirits in the slightest, however I do feel bad juju when I walk through abandoned shopping centers. 

If you're walking through abandoned shopping centers, maybe you're one of the spirits and ghosts? 

27 minutes ago, MUFC said:

If you're walking through abandoned shopping centers, maybe you're one of the spirits and ghosts? 

Doubt it. There's an old abandoned shopping center with only one store remaining that is due to closing and has everything on clearance. Wife and I thought it would be fun to walk around the entire abandoned mall and it was eerie. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Doubt it. There's an old abandoned shopping center with only one store remaining that is due to closing and has everything on clearance. Wife and I thought it would be fun to walk around the entire abandoned mall and it was eerie. 

You're a very lucky man.

Bit of a shit "story" but when I was about 5-6 I was scared of my Aunties house - always felt like there was a strange presence there. Luckily she moved to her new home shortly after so I was only there a handful of times. Thing is, my mother (and her mother) both said the same - no real experiences as such but they both said that they always felt uneasy inside, as if there was some sort of negative energy there.

It's weird though, as the previous owner of my family home (where I grew up for about 20 years) hanged himself from the top of the stairs before we moved in and I've had nothing but happy memories there. 

I worked in a leisure centre where two people who have no reason to lie or make stuff up and were straight up honest people claimed they saw a ghost. One of them refused to come back because of it.

I didnt believe them initially and a couple of us watched the CCTV more for giggles. The centre was closed 10pm onwards and this was after cleaning around 11pm when everything had been locked up. You couldn't see in to the changing room from the poolside area for obvious reasons but you could see there was a light coming from that area even though the centre was in darkness (there wasn't a wall segregating changing rooms from poolside area). They both trott along casually talking as an alarm went off for activity in the changing room. They casually walk along expecting it to be a faulty alarm. They're out of shot for about seven seconds, the light fades away and then you see them absolutely dart it to the nearest fire exit as quickly possible.

We had to my knowledge two deaths in the poolside area before that incident. Can't remember the circumstances but one was a larger male and the other was a young Korean girl. They're adamant they saw the young Korean girl laying on the floor. It's a shame we didn't have smart phones or YouTube was a big thing back in 2005 because I'd love to have seen the amount of hits the footage that would have got.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

And if you wanna take it up a notch come visit Civic centre near my neck of the woods. 

That bad even the locals can't face being seen there. 

Is the Civic Center that bad lol?

My mum used to work at a government facility. It had long corridors and emergency closing fire doors every 4 offices. There were 10 in total along a section called Block A. 

Mum always told me this story of the security guards and weird shit that would happen. This one event made one of them quit on the spot. 

In the evening, they would do the rounds, check the offices and close/lock each fire door due to security (nobody was allowed in the office between 10pm - 7am). When everyone was off site and accounted for, the guards would lock the doors. One night, the guard had got to the end of the corridor when he heard click, click, click, click….9 times. He went back and every single door was unlocked. He walked straight off site after handing his keys back in and never returned. 

Fuck that.

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

My mum used to work at a government facility. It had long corridors and emergency closing fire doors every 4 offices. There were 10 in total along a section called Block A. 

Mum always told me this story of the security guards and weird shit that would happen. This one event made one of them quit on the spot. 

In the evening, they would do the rounds, check the offices and close/lock each fire door due to security (nobody was allowed in the office between 10pm - 7am). When everyone was off site and accounted for, the guards would lock the doors. One night, the guard had got to the end of the corridor when he heard click, click, click, click….9 times. He went back and every single door was unlocked. He walked straight off site after handing his keys back in and never returned. 

Fuck that.

Sounds like my ideal holiday location.

I posted the stuff I saw in nursing homes earlier, but here's something more recent from uni

The facility we used most often for training purposes was a big indoor basketball facility, with a second story comprised of a balcony that overlooks the 3 basketball courts. All our gym equipment was on that balcony, including boxing bags and equipment. 
One day myself and our trainer for the day were first in to class, and the guy who works at the reception desk asked us for a hand putting up a big heavy bag. We asked why it had been taken down. 
"I'll show you on the cameras, you won't believe it"
So after we hook it back up (and it's a very long hook, it wouldn't just fall off, it's designed to be beaten around after all) he shows us the security footage from about 2 am. Everything is still as the grave as you'd expect in an enclosed indoor facility, then all the bags start swaying gently. They pick up pace and are really swinging around, until this particular one starts jumping up and down almost and eventually is bounding around so violently it unhooks. Then everything starts swaying gently again and peters out. 

No we don't live anywhere near a fault line or anything like that. 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I posted the stuff I saw in nursing homes earlier, but here's something more recent from uni

The facility we used most often for training purposes was a big indoor basketball facility, with a second story comprised of a balcony that overlooks the 3 basketball courts. All our gym equipment was on that balcony, including boxing bags and equipment. 
One day myself and our trainer for the day were first in to class, and the guy who works at the reception desk asked us for a hand putting up a big heavy bag. We asked why it had been taken down. 
"I'll show you on the cameras, you won't believe it"
So after we hook it back up (and it's a very long hook, it wouldn't just fall off, it's designed to be beaten around after all) he shows us the security footage from about 2 am. Everything is still as the grave as you'd expect in an enclosed indoor facility, then all the bags start swaying gently. They pick up pace and are really swinging around, until this particular one starts jumping up and down almost and eventually is bounding around so violently it unhooks. Then everything starts swaying gently again and peters out. 

No we don't live anywhere near a fault line or anything like that. 

Well ghosts need to stay fit too :what:

• 1 month later...

Archived