Newcastle 2-0 Brighton (Championship)

Recent Form
Brighton - LDLLL
Newcastle - WWLLD

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/04/2019 at 15:33, RandoEFC said:

Safe to say I won't be arsed finding a stream for this.

You prefer watching routine wins for Liverpool? :ph34r:

This one is easily the biggest game on tele this weekend for the reason Hewitt gave :coffee::ph34r:

• Administrator

Really good goal from Newcastle. Cross comes in to Rondon, easy header down and Perez smashes in a half volley. Brighton didn't fancy defending though. 

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Really good goal from Newcastle. Cross comes in to Rondon, easy header down and Perez smashes in a half volley. Brighton didn't fancy defending though. 

Newcastle doing what we didn't. Attacking and scoring. 

While it would be great if Newcastle could still win, it's a huge ask for us to get the required points. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

if Hughton stays, then yes.

To be honest there are quite a lot of good coaches in the premier League at the minute. I think a lot of managers would struggle with Brighton

• The title was changed to Brighton 1-1 Newcastle - Saturday 27th April, 2019

I rate Hughton very highly but Brighton have splashed out on some decent attacking attacking players and none of them have really been incorporated properly into the side. 

Still relying on wasters like Knockaert who have no business in the PL. 

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That's it I'm afraid. Cardiff have done better than a lot of people thought though I think.  @Bluebird Hewitt do you think Cardiff will get back up?

Nope. We're surprised to not only have been in the prem this season (given the squad we have), but to even have had a chance of staying up. While we'll have money to mount a promotion push, the Championship is a very difficult league to get promoted from and considering some of the teams down there (coupled with the fact that we punched way beyond expectations previously), I don't think we'll get promoted straight back up. 

11 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Nope. We're surprised to not only have been in the prem this season (given the squad we have), but to even have had a chance of staying up. While we'll have money to mount a promotion push, the Championship is a very difficult league to get promoted from and considering some of the teams down there (coupled with the fact that we punched way beyond expectations previously), I don't think we'll get promoted straight back up. 

I feel you’ve been out-done this season and deserved better than you’ve had. Whilst I get that Cardiff exceeded expectations, they’ve done bloody well regardless. For a team who have been screwed in both transfer windows, have endured officials making poor decisions - such as that Azpilicueta offside call - and far more, their relegation feels unjust. They’ve not been like Huddersfield, they can do it. I feel that with stronger attacking options you’d have gotten a few more draws in over the course of the season. With Brighton’s form and Southampton's inconsistency throughout the season it’s more a failure of the system than Cardiff getting unlucky, but more down to how unequal the Prem has become. I reckon Cardiff have the grit to get back up straight away, but as you say the Championship is cruel. Best of luck to them; they can do no worse than Swansea.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Yeah looking at that Cardiff team you have to say getting up for a season is a real achievement more so than relegation being a failure. I've wanted all season for them to stay up to break the rhetoric around Warnock being good enough to manage in the Premier League but I also have nothing against Brighton.

Piss easy first half, piss poor second half. Two games in a row now. Going to assume it is motivational with the season being over for us and not the opponents season.

Brighton have absolutely collapsed 2nd half of the season. They are upper mid table Championship at best right now.

Archived