Leicester 0-0 Arsenal

Recent Form
Leicester - DLWWW
Arsenal - LLWWW

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dan said:

I never thought I'd say this for a game against Arsenal but I'll actually be fucked off if we draw this. They're so beatable.

If you do win it will be like the buses. You wait ages for one then two come along at the same time

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

If you do win it will be like the buses. You wait ages for one then two come along at the same time

You aren't wrong. For years I used to see Arsenal drop points at places they ought to not, often against poorer sides than us yet we just couldn't crack it. It changed a year ago.

You're in pretty poor form, conceding plenty with your away form suspect for a good couple of years now.

I also think the way you set up plays into our hands. We are hopeless against teams who park the bus. Arsenal won't do that at Leicester.

Emery has to take alot of the blame, he has been shocking last few moments, changing the team every game and formation. After all this time he still doesnt know his team or formation to play with.  He hasnt improved this team 1 bit and no player has improved under him, its the same mistakes by the same players all the time.  

I was massively worried about our run in as soon as Ramsey went down and ever since his injury we have lost all 3 games and conceded 3 goals in each. Easy win for Leicester in the end, but peeved about the red but it is what it is.

All on Europa now for us, although in this form not sure we can win it. Today just completely exposed Aubameyang and Lacazette though absolutely horrendous performances, give me Vardy any day of the week over them two.

• Subscriber

I reckon that's got to be about the easiest win we've had all season. Could not believe how bad Arsenal were. We were very good but as I stated earlier in the thread - Arsenal will play into our hands but I didn't realise it would be that extreme. I thought they were a disgrace. Their body language all game was absolutely atrocious. I'd be livid at that from us in a dead rubber, let alone in a game they really need to get something from.

That front two just doesn't work at all does it?

We are not too far off being a good side. There is room for improvement but we have the basis of a very decent side here. Tielemans needs to stop fucking scoring mind xD we won't hold onto him at this rate. He'll have offers from top clubs if he keeps this up. He's been a revelation since we signed him.

Vardy finished eh? What a player. Golden boot dark horse next year. Mark my words.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Exact same against us regarding Arsenal @Dan. They were appalling, should have honestly been so much more than 1-0. 

Heavily beaten at Wolves midweek too.

They're in trouble. I'm not convinced they've improved at all really after some promising early signs.

That's the single worst performance from a big side I have ever seen at our place.

Honestly don't think we are that much better than your teams, surprised we are so far ahead of you both. So many players from Leicester, Everton and Wolves would get into our team. We're definitely weaker than the other teams in the top 6.

• Subscriber
Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

Honestly don't think we are that much better than your teams, surprised we are so far ahead of you both. So many players from Leicester, Everton and Wolves would get into our team. We're definitely weaker than the other teams in the top 6.

But having watched Manchester United recently I'm not convinced they're any better. Chelsea also have big problems.

I said it in the other thread but I think this season is the start of a slight reform in the hierarchy - I expect Liverpool and Man City to be the top 2 for the next 5 years, maybe Tottenham may get in one year if they play their cards right. The others have big problems and I think it would take more than a summer to fix them. In Manchester United's case I'm not even sure they've fixed anything.

I reckon the gap between 6th and 7th will be far less next year, for reasons you've said. Us, Wolves and Everton all have decent sides which are far from the finished article, but I think all three are getting better.

I could end up being totally wrong of course but if you look at the points us and Wolves in-particular have dropped this year, that's what has kept the pressure off any of you six from below. Inability to beat the dross.

I'm really quite positive about us now. I think we're going the right way.

6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Embarrassingly poor week. Don't know how the team has suddenly become so shit after having a solid season where top 4 was in our hands to not being able to do anything.

Aaron James Ramsey going down injured. Him returning to the line-up revitalised our season after a poor Christmas period. He is by far the best player in this team and he is leaving on a free. Massive changes needed this summer, so many players need to be on the chopping block.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So is Emery actually better than Wenger?

When you compare Emery to Wenger's worst season (and nothing else) then yes...

But I think we need to give him time, look at Klopp's start at Liverpool for example. Hopefully he's better equipped next season as he'll know the league better.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So is Emery actually better than Wenger?

Think this is one of those inheritance seasons. He came in, doesn't have the team he wants, has had to make-do with the players left behind by the old manager and for what he has I think he hasn't done too bad. 

3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

When you compare Emery to Wenger's worst season (and nothing else) then yes...

But I think we need to give him time, look at Klopp's start at Liverpool for example. Hopefully he's better equipped next season as he'll know the league better.

Klopp only took over us in November and got us to a cup final. The team he inherited was far worse than this current Arsenal team too. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp only took over us in November and got us to a cup final. The team he inherited was far worse than this current Arsenal team too. 

Yeah it’s not really an exact comparison, although Arsenal could still make the EL final

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think the standard has gone up since then though. To be honest no shame in not being as good as klopp. Also  you have been incredibly unlucky. I mean not winning the league with 90 plus points is ridiculous

• The title was changed to Leicester 3-0 Arsenal - Sunday 28th April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived