talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 3-0 Arsenal - Sunday 28th April, 2019

football forum

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think the standard has gone up since then though. To be honest no shame in not being as good as klopp. Also  you have been incredibly unlucky. I mean not winning the league with 90 plus points is ridiculous

Tell me about it mate o.O

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Tell me about it mate o.O

Itd gonna be even more ridiculous if you get 97 and don't win it. More points than man utd, Chelsea and arsenal have ever got in a season O.o

Leicester definitely deserved the win but hopefully James Maddison gets a ban (or have they totally abandoned the panel that judges diving?). He apologised for diving earlier on in the season when he was sent off but he got a player sent off today. Obviously diving isn't a shocking thing in football but if caught diving a player is supposed to be punished. Referee fell for it during the match but there's supposed to be a system in place to retrospectively punish divers that get away with it.

• Subscriber

Arsenal have gradually just really downgraded as a squad. This is Arsenal, for me the 3rd biggest club in the country and there are so few of their players I'd take here.

Iwobi wouldn't start for us and we're not even that good out wide.

Don't get me started on the defence.

• The title was changed to Leicester 3-0 Arsenal - Sunday 28th April, 2019
  • Subscriber

Got to say I thought Rodgers was clever taking Ndidi off. Was a pretty dirty game for a lot of it I thought and I said when he got booked (his looked very harsh at the time) that there was a good chance he'd even it up and send him off too. A good move to get Barnes on and Maddison back in the middle.

Thought the referee was absolutely shite for both sides.

• Administrator

Of all the games I couldn't go to cos it got moved at such short notice xD 

Ah well, look forward to watching the highlights. Seen Tielemans goal which looked decent. 

Really not surprised to read criticism of Arsenal's defence. 

I'm not sure I expected the result though; maybe it's just the horrible record we have over the past 2 decades against Arsenal where we just constantly seem to lose (barring last season's home victory which was also aided by a red card to an Arsenal defender). Perhaps it's just force of habit to not expect a win against these lot and not get hopes up too high. But from the sounds of it, reading both sets of fans opinions on here and elsewhere, we were fully good for the win and 3-0 flattered us. Apparently Leno kept Arsenal in the game before we even scored our first.

Also heard more good things about Choudhury. Probably the best player on the pitch in this fixture last season and also received high praise today. As did Tielemans (please sign :x !!). Good to see Vardy bag again against the top 6. His record against them is phenomenal. Top class.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Of all the games I couldn't go to cos it got moved at such short notice xD 

Ah well, look forward to watching the highlights. Seen Tielemans goal which looked decent. 

Really not surprised to read criticism of Arsenal's defence. 

I'm not sure I expected the result though; maybe it's just the horrible record we have over the past 2 decades against Arsenal where we just constantly seem to lose (barring last season's home victory which was also aided by a red card to an Arsenal defender). Perhaps it's just force of habit to not expect a win against these lot and not get hopes up too high. But from the sounds of it, reading both sets of fans opinions on here and elsewhere, we were fully good for the win and 3-0 flattered us. Apparently Leno kept Arsenal in the game before we even scored our first.

Also heard more good things about Choudhury. Probably the best player on the pitch in this fixture last season and also received high praise today. As did Tielemans (please sign :x !!). Good to see Vardy bag again against the top 6. His record against them is phenomenal. Top class.

To be fair the longer we went at 0-0 the more I thought we were going to lose.

It was comprehensive from us. I'd break our record to get Tielemans. Bloke walks into most sides in this league already for me.

• Subscriber

Watched the highlights back. First yellow card - cannot see how anyone can have any complaints, including Maitland-Niles (who didn't complain either), cynical foul to stop a counter, something that went unpunished a number of times in the first half.

The second is harsh, but it's not quite as harsh as I was expecting based on what everyone had said. Maddison has made the most of it and it's a poor show from him but dog eats dog. People will do it to us in future. It's also definitely a foul (what the fuck Shearer/Murphy are on about saying there's no contact I've no idea) and it's pretty clumsy as well from him, but I agree a second yellow is a bit over the top for it. I think there were worse challenges that went unpunished.

Leicester 3-0 Arsenal with Arsenal's keeper a MOTM contender. That's just unreal. Bright times ahead for us I think.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Excellent Leicester finding form just in time to fuck us over for the UCL. 

Have we not just done precisely the opposite of this xD

I know first season in charge is always difficult, laying foundations etc

But what foundations have Arsenal  put in place? Goalkeeper is average, defence is average, couple of decent midfielders (losing one of them in the Summer) and a good striker is about it.

Emery may well win them the Europa and that’s what he’s good at, but why appoint a manager who’s biggest success has been in that competition and around the top 8-4 of Spain? Was Wenger really worse than him?

31 minutes ago, Danny said:

I know first season in charge is always difficult, laying foundations etc

But what foundations have Arsenal  put in place? Goalkeeper is average, defence is average, couple of decent midfielders (losing one of them in the Summer) and a good striker is about it.

Emery may well win them the Europa and that’s what he’s good at, but why appoint a manager who’s biggest success has been in that competition and around the top 8-4 of Spain? Was Wenger really worse than him?

Wenger was part of the problem at Arsenal and now we are seeing the mess he has left behind, Emery still has about 95% of the team Wenger left behind.  The team is so unbalanced with no real wide players, no leaders plus there are so many old/average players in the squad it will be hard to make any money to bring in replacements when those players leave.  The players Arsenal could have got money for have left for free, this is all from the huge mess from Wenger, Gazidis and a few others who are no longer at the club anymore. 

Emery needs to bring in his own players to be judged but this isn't going to happen any time soon, due to the restrictions in place and how the club is run, Arsenal do need a huge investment of around £200 million or more to bring in quality players to bring them back up to a high standard.  Arsenal just have huge problems in the future with this issues without Champions League money, the owner not willing to invest a great deal of money into the squad which needs wholesale changes due to the loss of income and Arsenal at the brink of the Financial fair play regulations due to their players wages. 

The only thing Emery is to blame for, he is becoming the new tinker man, he doesn't know his team and formation yet even at this stage.

It's so strange you're letting Ramsay go. He really is the glue that keeps Arsenals midfield together, connecting the defence and attack. Of all the players you could get off the books he'd be the last. I know you tried to keep him, but considering that he said he'd like to stay, I don't think you tried hard enough. 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's so strange you're letting Ramsay go. He really is the glue that keeps Arsenals midfield together, connecting the defence and attack. Of all the players you could get off the books he'd be the last. I know you tried to keep him, but considering that he said he'd like to stay, I don't think you tried hard enough. 

He wanted to earn the same wages as Ozil, which he has agreed at Juventus, Arsenal are not a financial position to offer this and should never ever even offered Ozil the stupid amounts they have, again in the previous post I posted, this is the mess from Gazidis and Wenger, it will cause a huge problem in the future.

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

He wanted to earn the same wages as Ozil, which he has agreed at Juventus, Arsenal are not a financial position to offer this and should never ever even offered Ozil the stupid amounts they have, again in the previous post I posted, this is the mess from Gazidis and Wenger, it will cause a huge problem in the future.

I would have paid it. And moved certain players on to fund it. If you want a player that good in that role (and I can't think of any who are angling for a move) then you're going to have to pay big wages on top of at least 40 million transfer fee. 

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I would have paid it. And moved certain players on to fund it. If you want a player that good in that role (and I can't think of any who are angling for a move) then you're going to have to pay big wages on top of at least 40 million transfer fee. 

Arsenal have no other players that they can move on for big money apart from maybe Bellerin, due to Ozil's wages and the other players wages, Arsenal are on the brink of breaking Financial fair play rules so another 250-300k a week will ruin the club, due to the loss of money from the Champions League.  Arsenals squad is in a desperate state , it's frightening to look at how many shockingly average players there are who are earning huge amounts of money.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

8 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Apparently it was all agreed for him to sign then the board pulled the offer. I'm guessing that goes some way to him wanting to leave. It is criminal though that he's being let go. Even more shiity for Arsenal that it's on a free as well. Such a pivotal player in that side and he'll be heavily missed in that midfield. There's literally no one else in that midfield who stands out that could be influential as he has been. And if they can't afford him, who do they get in as a replacement? There are better bigger clubs than Arsenal these days that players may be attracted to sign for...

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Agreed.

I'd cut the losses on Ozil. Brings in the wage he's on and doesn't even play that regularly/consistently. Arsenal's transfers in recent seasons (apart from Aubameyang and Torreira, possibly Lacazette) has been pretty terrible for a club of their stature. Too many run-of-the-mill, average players in that squad. Like Man Utd. 

They've lost their identity. I don't like Danny Murphy but he was right on MOTD2 yesterday in saying that they're not recognisable any more. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Apparently it was all agreed for him to sign then the board pulled the offer. I'm guessing that goes some way to him wanting to leave. It is criminal though that he's being let go. Even more shiity for Arsenal that it's on a free as well. Such a pivotal player in that side and he'll be heavily missed in that midfield. There's literally no one else in that midfield who stands out that could be influential as he has been. And if they can't afford him, who do they get in as a replacement? There are better bigger clubs than Arsenal these days that players may be attracted to sign for...

Agreed.

I'd cut the losses on Ozil. Brings in the wage he's on and doesn't even play that regularly/consistently. Arsenal's transfers in recent seasons (apart from Aubameyang and Torreira, possibly Lacazette) has been pretty terrible for a club of their stature. Too many run-of-the-mill, average players in that squad. Like Man Utd. 

They've lost their identity. I don't like Danny Murphy but he was right on MOTD2 yesterday in saying that they're not recognisable any more. 

It's easy to say cut losses with Ozil but who on earth is going to sign him, he won't leave Arsenal until his contract is up, this is the big problem.  Also you have players like Jenkinson on huge wages as well, Arsenal are just in a mess and will take a long time to get out of.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Panna King said:

It's easy to say cut losses with Ozil but who on earth is going to sign him, he won't leave Arsenal until his contract is up, this is the big problem.  Also you have players like Jenkinson on huge wages as well, Arsenal are just in a mess and will take a long time to get out of.

Of course, easier said than done. But it's an option surely. I thought he was younger than 30, mind.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Of course, easier said than done. But it's an option surely. I thought he was younger than 30, mind.

Arsenal are stuck with him for 3 years I am afraid, it is a huge costly mistake, he is free to just sit around at the club on those wages until his contract is up,  why would he leave to another club on lower wages, he doesn't play for Germany anymore so there's no pressure on him to play.

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

But when getting out of a huge mess the first steps are important. The first step here was making Ramsay an Arsenal player for the foreseeable future 

In the ideal world yes, its criminal to what has happened to Arsenal over the last few years with players like Ozil, Sanchez, Wilshere or even going further back to Nasri and Van Persie. The club do not learn from their mistakes and it was the same people in charge back then Wenger and Gazidis.   Arsenal need a huge cash injection but you are not allowed to do this plus Kroenke will never put his own money in the club.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived