talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-1 Chelsea - Sunday 28th April, 2019

football forum

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I think we will still fuck it up, if not against Watford definitely against Leicester. 

Without trying to hype the kid up, even more, Hudson-Odoi offered us a different option particularly in the home games against teams outside the top six. Since Sarri has included the likes of Hudson-Odoi, Ruben, Emerson etc more from the start, we've looked a lot more likely in attack, with more fluidity, combination play, and movement. Whilst Ruben has probably performed better than Hudson-Odoi in this string of games towards the end of the season (where they've started), Hudson-Odoi played a key role in helping us also. For me, however, it wasn't just because of the obvious in that he was contributing with goals and assists but more so the fact that he stretched opposition defences. He stayed out wide, he got to the byline, he not only could beat a man but also deliver. Overall he eased some of the load on Hazard, we for once had a feasible option on the right and this was a combination of what he was doing tactically as well as his execution of the role. The kid is still raw, there are things he'll need to improve but sometimes it's just enough for a player to do something tactically different which can make a difference to the team's overall attacking play.

What does Pedro do? Pedro likes to come inside and link up with the striker, Willian always wants to be on the left. They don't do the same.  At the moment, their execution and performances are also of a lower standard as well. Maybe Pedro could change a little and perform a similar tactical role to what Hudson-Odoi was doing but that remains to be seen whether Sarri will look to take that avenue. Pedro's sometimes been used as a full back when we're chasing games, maybe he could play more of a traditional winger's role.

The benefit of Emerson is that he's a lot more mobile, able to play at a quick pace, and more technical than Alonso. Alonso had a good game yesterday but for me, it's clear as day the difference when Emerson is there. Emerson is better for Hazard and Ruben is better for Hazard than Kovacic or Barkley. The jury is still out on how good Emerson can be but there's no doubt we have to be giving him more games. When we have the likes of Barkley, Kovacic, Alonso, Willian, Pedro in the team you can see the difference in energy, fluidity, movement, pace physically and technically, and that difference isn't a good one.

I was waiting for you to slate Azpilicueta so i can tell you that i will cut you.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/04/2019 at 09:19, Cicero said:

Doesn't matter if Willian or Pedro play RW. Can guarantee they will put in a poor performance. Quote me on this. 

Nailed on the head. 

Hope we get an entire new back 4. Matter fact, 90% of the team needs to fuck off. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived