• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-1 Chelsea - Sunday 28th April, 2019

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Higuain just need to drop about 10 yards deeper and help that midfield find outlets. Not having an option to push up and keep possession is hurting them right now. I mean if Kante is trying to tread water to go to a wing and get put in a cul-de-sac of United defenders clearly means there are no options.

A draw was probably the best result for us. Chelsea have Leicester away last game of the season. Probably won't make champions League through the League but it is possible at least

What a difference three points at home to Burnley would have made but I guess all the teams fighting for the top four would be saying the same about their previous games.

Anyway, two poor teams on show today.

Higuaín isn't fat, just seriously off the pace for Premier League football, he really lacks that match sharpness about his game which either he's lost (and won't get back) or he's going to need more time to get to grips with Premier League football.

Alonso had a decent game, credit where it's due, not just the goal, his overall game was a lot better.

Didn't expect much from this game and as per our normal routine we failed to make the most of others dropping points around us.. on the plus side we can't begrudge Mata getting a goal on his birthday can we.. such a likable bloke.. 

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-1 Chelsea - Sunday 28th April, 2019
  • Administrator

I've got a feeling De Gea's heads gone and he's gone in the summer. 

You don't turn to shit overnight and last couple of games he's not been the same. Now he's becoming error-prone and I suspect he may be leaving or will attempt to do so.

All speculation mind...

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's like as if Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal and Spurs are all trying not to finish top 4?

Last 3 games -

Tottenham: L W L

Chelsea: D D L

Man Utd: D L L

Arsenal: L L L

The race for Europa League qualification is incredible.

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's like as if Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal and Spurs are all trying not to finish top 4?

It's utterly bizarre!

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I've got a feeling De Gea's heads gone and he's gone in the summer. 

You don't turn to shit overnight and last couple of games he's not been the same. Now he's becoming error-prone and I suspect he may be leaving or will attempt to do so.

All speculation mind...

Where does he go? What clubs would tempt him and do they need new keepers?

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Last 3 games -

Tottenham: L W L

Chelsea: D D L

Man Utd: D L L

Arsenal: L L L

The race for Europa League qualification is incredible.

That is unbelievable. On that form none of them deserve to qualify for the CL next year, and they'd all have themselves to blame. 

If Chelsea finish fourth and win the Europa league does that result in 4 or 5 places in the CL for the EPL?

Well that was one poor game however i expected us to lose as we are super poor away. We are now two behind Spurs and two ahead of Arsenal and three ahead of United with two tricky games to go. We have two potential tickets for the UCL hope we can't fuck them both up or can we?

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Harry said:

It's utterly bizarre!

Where does he go? What clubs would tempt him and do they need new keepers?

That is unbelievable. On that form none of them deserve to qualify for the CL next year, and they'd all have themselves to blame. 

If Chelsea finish fourth and win the Europa league does that result in 4 or 5 places in the CL for the EPL?

No idea. A club that plays regularly in the Champions League I imagine. 

Juve? Bayern? PSG when Buffon retires?

Maybe Real might still want him as he's better than Courtois. 

I think we will still fuck it up, if not against Watford definitely against Leicester. 

Without trying to hype the kid up, even more, Hudson-Odoi offered us a different option particularly in the home games against teams outside the top six. Since Sarri has included the likes of Hudson-Odoi, Ruben, Emerson etc more from the start, we've looked a lot more likely in attack, with more fluidity, combination play, and movement. Whilst Ruben has probably performed better than Hudson-Odoi in this string of games towards the end of the season (where they've started), Hudson-Odoi played a key role in helping us also. For me, however, it wasn't just because of the obvious in that he was contributing with goals and assists but more so the fact that he stretched opposition defences. He stayed out wide, he got to the byline, he not only could beat a man but also deliver. Overall he eased some of the load on Hazard, we for once had a feasible option on the right and this was a combination of what he was doing tactically as well as his execution of the role. The kid is still raw, there are things he'll need to improve but sometimes it's just enough for a player to do something tactically different which can make a difference to the team's overall attacking play.

What does Pedro do? Pedro likes to come inside and link up with the striker, Willian always wants to be on the left. They don't do the same.  At the moment, their execution and performances are also of a lower standard as well. Maybe Pedro could change a little and perform a similar tactical role to what Hudson-Odoi was doing but that remains to be seen whether Sarri will look to take that avenue. Pedro's sometimes been used as a full back when we're chasing games, maybe he could play more of a traditional winger's role.

The benefit of Emerson is that he's a lot more mobile, able to play at a quick pace, and more technical than Alonso. Alonso had a good game yesterday but for me, it's clear as day the difference when Emerson is there. Emerson is better for Hazard and Ruben is better for Hazard than Kovacic or Barkley. The jury is still out on how good Emerson can be but there's no doubt we have to be giving him more games. When we have the likes of Barkley, Kovacic, Alonso, Willian, Pedro in the team you can see the difference in energy, fluidity, movement, pace physically and technically, and that difference isn't a good one.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

I think we will still fuck it up, if not against Watford definitely against Leicester. 

Without trying to hype the kid up, even more, Hudson-Odoi offered us a different option particularly in the home games against teams outside the top six. Since Sarri has included the likes of Hudson-Odoi, Ruben, Emerson etc more from the start, we've looked a lot more likely in attack, with more fluidity, combination play, and movement. Whilst Ruben has probably performed better than Hudson-Odoi in this string of games towards the end of the season (where they've started), Hudson-Odoi played a key role in helping us also. For me, however, it wasn't just because of the obvious in that he was contributing with goals and assists but more so the fact that he stretched opposition defences. He stayed out wide, he got to the byline, he not only could beat a man but also deliver. Overall he eased some of the load on Hazard, we for once had a feasible option on the right and this was a combination of what he was doing tactically as well as his execution of the role. The kid is still raw, there are things he'll need to improve but sometimes it's just enough for a player to do something tactically different which can make a difference to the team's overall attacking play.

What does Pedro do? Pedro likes to come inside and link up with the striker, Willian always wants to be on the left. They don't do the same.  At the moment, their execution and performances are also of a lower standard as well. Maybe Pedro could change a little and perform a similar tactical role to what Hudson-Odoi was doing but that remains to be seen whether Sarri will look to take that avenue. Pedro's sometimes been used as a full back when we're chasing games, maybe he could play more of a traditional winger's role.

The benefit of Emerson is that he's a lot more mobile, able to play at a quick pace, and more technical than Alonso. Alonso had a good game yesterday but for me, it's clear as day the difference when Emerson is there. Emerson is better for Hazard and Ruben is better for Hazard than Kovacic or Barkley. The jury is still out on how good Emerson can be but there's no doubt we have to be giving him more games. When we have the likes of Barkley, Kovacic, Alonso, Willian, Pedro in the team you can see the difference in energy, fluidity, movement, pace physically and technically, and that difference isn't a good one.

Totally agree mate, It's gutting that once he had begun to cement a starting place in games he gets an injury, and not just a 3 week layoff type injury but one that has ended his season and will take months to get better.. We can only hope his recovery is not only swift but his exclusion does not mean he will be omitted from games once he is back up and running again, hopefully he has proven that we are a better unit going forward with than without him.. 

Praise for Reuben Loftus-Cheek as well, he is a good strong player and it's nice to see some of the youth getting out there proving a point.. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived