talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

US 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary Race

football forum

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So will he be releasing the Trump org's financial numbers?

Likely no. Surely the entire thing is bullshit.

Anything that can get the name Hunter Biden in a headline reported on any media platform is the aim. There is no intent to carry out this debate just try generate headlines.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Warren staffers are now getting Auschwitz tattoos of the number code for Warren's official campaign colour. 

Are the centrists okay? Like, ok in the head? 

And yet their corrupt, demented candidate is going to win against Bernie. Biden is not only leading in Washington, Mississippi, Missouri, Idaho and North Carolina - which I was expecting - but also in MI, where people lost their jobs thanks to the trade deals Biden voted for.

Another one. 

Skinhead cut. Germanic font. "Blood and soil" type slogan. Enormous racist Native American caricature in the background. 

I cannot stress this enough - Warren did not lose because of sexism. She lost because her movement hired elitist, white maniacs with an almost psychotic disregard for racial minorities and the working class, and accordingly struggled to attract any supporters outwith that demographic. 

Its even been revealed in how they dismiss Sanders as another "old white man", completely ignoring their own candidates horrific record on race, and the Jewishness which paints a massive target on his back for Nazi harassment. 

Theyre so wrapped up in their middle class feminism that nothing else exists. 

Warren would have been a good nominee. More able to pull together a coalition to beat trump than Bernie, much more able to prosecute arguments against trump than Biden and likely more effective at implementing policy changes that fit the progressive vision. 

But she got skewered between Bernie and Buttigieg. On one hand having Pete make sensible additions to her policies that look more fiscally responsible to pragmatists and on the other hand losing points from progressives for showing some willingness to compromise.

7 primary voting contests happening today.

Washington, Idaho and North Dakota competitive and still being counted but contests already called for Biden in Michigan, Missouri and Mississippi.

12 hours ago, Inverted said:

Another one. 

Skinhead cut. Germanic font. "Blood and soil" type slogan. Enormous racist Native American caricature in the background. 

I cannot stress this enough - Warren did not lose because of sexism. She lost because her movement hired elitist, white maniacs with an almost psychotic disregard for racial minorities and the working class, and accordingly struggled to attract any supporters outwith that demographic. 

Its even been revealed in how they dismiss Sanders as another "old white man", completely ignoring their own candidates horrific record on race, and the Jewishness which paints a massive target on his back for Nazi harassment. 

Theyre so wrapped up in their middle class feminism that nothing else exists. 

Fraktur.

• 4 weeks later...

Bernie was pretty much mathematically out of it, but he's officially "suspended" his campaign - meaning that Biden's left as the last man standing.

I don't think he's a good candidate, maybe more inspiring to more voters than Hillary Clinton... but who knows. If anything, I think this will be a repeat of 2016 now. But I suspect Trump wins and continues his path toward making the US more overtly an oligarchy.

• 5 weeks later...

A feminist journo who'd been interviewing her for a year gives her account. TlDR... 1. I wanted to believe her but her account lacked evidence. 2. The story she is telling now is way more extreme and directly contradicts what she said a year ago.

• Subscriber

Are there even any people who would currently vote for Biden, but will abandon him because of this and jump ship to the man who admitted grabbing women by the vagina just because he can?

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Are there even any people who would currently vote for Biden, but will abandon him because of this and jump ship to the man who admitted grabbing women by the vagina just because he can?

Probably not tbh, but there are a weird amount of swing voters. And part of the problem in the US is getting Democrats in states that really matter for national politics (weirdly, not the states where most people live) to turn out to vote when their preferred candidate isn’t nominated. Registered Republicans have better voter turnout in swing states, even in states they’re outnumbered in.

7 hours ago, Harry said:

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2020/5/7/21248713/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accusation?__twitter_impression=true

Worth a read to understand something other than noise about the Tara reade allegations against Biden.

I felt the allegation was strange in the first place. This is his 3rd or 4th presidential run, and he was on a winning presidential election. If this happened when it happened and was reported when it said it was reported, this likely would have come up.

Look at some of the articles Tara Reade has published online. Weird stuff for a “feminist” to be saying tbh

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I felt the allegation was strange in the first place. This is his 3rd or 4th presidential run, and he was on a winning presidential election. If this happened when it happened and was reported when it said it was reported, this likely would have come up.

Look at some of the articles Tara Reade has published online. Weird stuff for a “feminist” to be saying tbh

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Harry said:

Biden should announce his VP running mate in the next few days.

Seems to include a shortlist of

Kamala Harris

Susan Rice

Elizabeth Warren

Tammy Duckworth

Kamala Harris was the DNC chosen one at the start. Ticked boxes (which is how these fake bastards play things) so I can see it being her.

37 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Kamala Harris was the DNC chosen one at the start. Ticked boxes (which is how these fake bastards play things) so I can see it being her.

I hope it’s not her. She’s a pretty divisive figure in her own party, she won in California because she ran against a republican but she’s got her own host of issues that are likely to push away the Bernie voters that could maybe be swayed to hold their nose and vote for Biden. If the senate race ever gets to be like other races in California, where you get a conservative Democrat against a Right wing democrat... that’s a race Harris might not have won.

A counterpoint to make though is the statewide elections are more likely to get republican candidates than more local positions in areas that are strong democrat areas or are turning more and more into democrat areas.

I like Warren the best as a pick policy wise, but her state has a republican governor... so he’d be appointing who fills her seat in the senate if Biden wins. Something that’s arguably more important than getting Trump out is getting as many Republicans out of the senate as possible.

I think Duckworth is a good pick from a purely political perspective (which is probably why Fox News spent a month attacking her out of nowhere last month). It’s hard to attack a disabled veteran’s commitment to the country they fought for though - particularly when they remain in public service after their disability and discharge.

On 02/08/2020 at 12:54, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope it’s not her. She’s a pretty divisive figure in her own party, she won in California because she ran against a republican but she’s got her own host of issues that are likely to push away the Bernie voters that could maybe be swayed to hold their nose and vote for Biden. If the senate race ever gets to be like other races in California, where you get a conservative Democrat against a Right wing democrat... that’s a race Harris might not have won.

A counterpoint to make though is the statewide elections are more likely to get republican candidates than more local positions in areas that are strong democrat areas or are turning more and more into democrat areas.

I like Warren the best as a pick policy wise, but her state has a republican governor... so he’d be appointing who fills her seat in the senate if Biden wins. Something that’s arguably more important than getting Trump out is getting as many Republicans out of the senate as possible.

I think Duckworth is a good pick from a purely political perspective (which is probably why Fox News spent a month attacking her out of nowhere last month). It’s hard to attack a disabled veteran’s commitment to the country they fought for though - particularly when they remain in public service after their disability and discharge.

I'm pretty sure Warren said she wouldn't accept the VP if offered. 

I have seen in multiple places that Keisha Lance Bottoms and Stacy Abrams are both in the running, which is pretty exciting to hear. 

Archived