talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

US 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary Race

football forum

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm pretty sure Warren said she wouldn't accept the VP if offered. 

I have seen in multiple places that Keisha Lance Bottoms and Stacy Abrams are both in the running, which is pretty exciting to hear. 

I’d like either of those 2 as well tbh. The media favourite seems to be Harris.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’d like either of those 2 as well tbh. The media favourite seems to be Harris.

Yeah - Keisha LB has really done well in the spot light since the BML and COVID events, but her lack of experience worries me a bit in terms of being a VP. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Yeah - Keisha LB has really done well in the spot light since the BML and COVID events, but her lack of experience worries me a bit in terms of being a VP. 

I think Tammy Duckworth ticks a lot of the right boxes. She's got experience, she's got a background that makes it pretty impossible to question her commitment to her country. I think the biggest weakness with her, though, is her area of experience is with foreign policy... which is pretty much why Biden was picked by Obama - what he was considered a US expert on was in foreign policy.

I think if you look at the VP as the chance to make a presidential ticket more "well rounded," and you look at some areas where Biden is considered "weaker" one of those areas is his history with bills that were a part of why systemic racism is such a problem in this country (he's not the only politician to blame, basically anyone around in 90s politics in the US would share that blame tbh). And while he's got that whole foreign policy experience (which I think will be good for the massive global goodwill effort the next president of the US will have to do to US allies sort of left pissed off Trump's America) - you could argue the big social domestic issues are what most Americans want addressed. And with things like racial and social inequality... I think as an establishment politician, Biden comes off looking like not the greatest pick. Better than Trump for sure, but for any undecided voters that still might be out there that can only think about things in how things affect them right now... Biden might need help from his running mate to balance out.

On 02/08/2020 at 17:09, 6666 said:

Kamala Harris was the DNC chosen one at the start. Ticked boxes (which is how these fake bastards play things) so I can see it being her.

And we have confirmation.

Might just be me but don't think this was a good choice. Noone will say it, but like Tim Kaine in 2016 it's someone who doesn't really have an ability to fire up and energise the democratic base. It's a head choice rather than a heart one, and that's not what delivers for the democratic party.

Abrams or even Susan Rice would have probably been better, or better yet it wouldn't have been a gender restricted choice from the outset, and simply looked for candidates best suited to drive energy and turn out in the battleground states.

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Might just be me but don't think this was a good choice. Noone will say it, but like Tim Kaine in 2016 it's someone who doesn't really have an ability to fire up and energise the democratic base. It's a head choice rather than a heart one, and that's not what delivers for the democratic party.

Abrams or even Susan Rice would have probably been better, or better yet it wouldn't have been a gender restricted choice from the outset, and simply looked for candidates best suited to drive energy and turn out in the battleground states.

Tim Kaine was an awful choice because most people said “who the fuck is Tim Kaine?”

I think Susan Rice would be similar, tbh.

I think Harris is a good choice in terms of energy and name recognition. Maybe not the best choice at uniting both wings of the Democratic Party... but I think she’ll do well with the idiot swing voters. Better than Tim “who the fuck is Tim Kaine” Kaine.

And it’s those simpleton “undecideds” the Dems need to win back.

Archived