talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheffield United's Incredible Rise and Even Quicker Fall in the Premier League

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I get that, and if he had bollocked them in private I could understand. But publicly... nah, I think that's harsh. 

Got history of that to be fair. I remember he was quite savage towards Henderson post-match after he made that error against you lot!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Liking the lon signing of Ampadu, has looked great for Wales and will bring much needed competition, and if Chelsea do end up signing Declan Rice we might even have a chance of keeping him. 

• 3 months later...
On 07/05/2019 at 20:06, Lucas said:

Nice to see Sheffield United players focussing on what means more to them.

Totally can't understand why they don't focus on what they have achieved than sing about us.

This is a prime example of why we need to exit The Championship.

On 08/05/2019 at 00:01, Dr. Gonzo said:

Says something about how you're still a massive club even after all this time out in the wilderness.

Didn’t come into this topic for these posts, but having found them, and seen Dr. Gonzo’s scientific proof that being obsessed with a team you have beaten to promotion in your own promotion celebrations makes that team massif.....Brentford have been massive ever since our last foray in the top flight back in 1947 :ph34r:

And based on current scientific guidelines mixing Dr. Gonzo’s (he’s a fucking doctor you can’t argue with this) science with wiki league champions history Brentford are now at the very least the 11th biggest club in England :hh:

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Didn’t come into this topic for these posts, but having found them, and seen Dr. Gonzo’s scientific proof that being obsessed with a team you have beaten to promotion in your own promotion celebrations makes that team massif.....Brentford have been massive ever since our last foray in the top flight back in 1947 :ph34r:

And based on current scientific guidelines mixing Dr. Gonzo’s (he’s a fucking doctor you can’t argue with this) science with wiki league champions history Brentford are now at the very least the 11th biggest club in England :hh:

I’ll allow it on account of you bigging up my medical credentials, the fact that Brentford have an Iranian player, and that I fucking love you.

Let’s go add “at least 11th biggest club in England” to Brentford’s wiki

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’ll allow it on account of you bigging up my medical credentials, the fact that Brentford have an Iranian player, and that I fucking love you.

Let’s go add “at least 11th biggest club in England” to Brentford’s wiki

“According to the internets leading medical professional”

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

What a sickener for them though. Pre lockdown they're putting together the unlikeliest bid for Europe. They go back and they're back in the Championship.

To be fair if you actually go through their squad it makes what they were achieving pre lockdown even more incredible.

Without being too harsh because they did fantastic but that's one of the worst Premier League squads I've ever seen in the league. 

18 minutes ago, Devil said:

To be fair if you actually go through their squad it makes what they were achieving pre lockdown even more incredible.

Without being too harsh because they did fantastic but that's one of the worst Premier League squads I've ever seen in the league. 

I think the loss of both Dean Henderson and Jack O'Connell hit them really hard. Both looked like top six players last season.

11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think the loss of both Dean Henderson and Jack O'Connell hit them really hard. Both looked like top six players last season.

Henderson has been huge, you can see at United he isn't just a good keeper he is a very good organiser from the back as well. 

No disrespect to the young keeper they bought from Bournemouth but he's not a patch on Dean. 

The other issue is the stand out one I suppose, they just haven't got a forward nearly good enough for the Premier league. Brewster for 20 million, that was insanity given his lack of Premier League experience. 

Archived