talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 05: Spain

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

What are Williams doing? Have they realised the new F1 season has begun :ph34r:

Haha. They finally resolved their issues with manufacturing backlog so won't have spare part shortage anymore. Will be bringing some of the upgrades for Barcelona and some more for the next week's in-season testing. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Both Ferrari and Renault with new PU updates in Barcelona. 

Ferrari's customer teams won't get the new PU until Monaco.

Mercedes intend to bring their new PU in Montreal.

• Subscriber

Newly spotted upgrates so far:

Mercedes: new front wing, new mirrors, new bargeboard arrangement
Ferrari: new PU, new oil, new front wing, new engine cover with a longer tail
Haas: new front wing, new floor, new mirrors, new bargeboard arrangement

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Newly spotted upgrates so far:

Mercedes: new front wing, new mirrors, new bargeboard arrangement
Ferrari: new PU, new oil, new front wing, new engine cover with a longer tail
Haas: new front wing, new floor, new mirrors, new bargeboard arrangement

Have you even been to sleep yet??? 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Have you even been to sleep yet??? 

Sleep is for the weak :ph34r: Yeah, slept till noon like a baby xD 

54 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Typical... I ask a question and NOW she nods off... xD

Naaaah went grocery shopping... :P 

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Sleep is for the weak :ph34r: Yeah, slept till noon like a baby xD 

Naaaah went grocery shopping... :P 

I too went shopping funny enough, took the missus out for a bit of a break and some breakfast in Kingston and while we were eating this little fella kept hopping over and taking chips off me... had about 5, there was another one but it vanished somewhere?? 

2i9moev.png

And you are right.. sleep is for the weak, I can catch up on my sleep when I die... :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Seeing one-lap quali sims and long runs in FP2, I don't expect anything else but a Mercedes 1-2 again. Ferrari still struggling in slow sectors; especially Sector 3. 

McLaren long runs look very good; expect them to do well in the race.

Haas seems to have some pace at last.

• Subscriber

Renault still disappointing and no real improvements; at least not in FP so far.

Doesn't look good for Sauber either... Pretty poor times on both one lap and long runs; and Kimi also had problems with overheating brakes.

RB don't look like closing the gap to Mercedes and Ferrari. Even on long runs they still haven't been impressive so far.

The way I see it after FP2:

Mercedes - Ferrari - RB - McLaren - Haas - Toro Rosso - Renault/Sauber/Racing Point - Williams

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Tommy said:
Championship titles
F3 European Championship
Toyota Racing Series
Italian F4 Championship

P3 in Baku in a Williams, albeit in a chaotic race. 

SO UNTALENTED 

I don't care about Stroll and there have definitely been worse pay drivers than him but at least that F3 title with Prema is a very controversial one. His father bought the team and pumped ridiculous money into it; brought Williams F1 engineers and even Ferrari's Baldiserri in for Lance, paid to use their wind tunnel (the only car that had access to it in the whole of F3) and paid for a new high-tech simulator at Williams, which was calibrated for F3 so Bottas and Massa could not even use it throughout the season in F1. Prema had more staff working in F3 for Lance than they did in their F2 setup. His teammates had by far less resources and were given team orders when it was needed. On top of that, they were caught using special parts developed exclusively for him by Williams, leading to two disqualifications. And last but not the least, he only had to beat 15 other drivers as a lot of teams went to race elsewhere due to Prema's/Stroll advantage. 8 of those were rookies and two of the remaining ones were his teammates. Honestly I would have been shocked if he didn't win the title that season.

Truth is, he might not be a terrible driver but if dad's funds dried up he wouldn't have a drive for next year...

• Subscriber

Hamilton on mediums is 6 tenths faster than Vettel on softs in FP3... Unless Ferrari is sandbagging hard throughout all free practice sessions, this is going to be another easy race for Mercedes. That said Leclerc just set the fastest time while I was typing this.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived