talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-1 Ajax - Tuesday 30th April, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)

1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

With a concussion, he'll be out a minimum of two weeks before he can even participate in training.

Well, at least he should be... Football is about 20 years behind when it comes to dealing with them. 

Spurs should be fined on how they sent him back on, even the ref was really surprised when they were sending him back on the pitch.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-1 Ajax - Tuesday 30th April, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Nine people have been arrested following disorder at Tottenham's home Champions League game against Ajax in north London on Tuesday.

The Metropolitan Police say four arrests came before kick-off after missiles were thrown and three officers suffered minor injuries.

The other five arrests happened during the match at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Dutch side Ajax won the semi-final first leg 1-0 thanks to an early Donny van de Beek goal.

• Subscriber

Ajax will most certainly be kicking themselves after that because they should have scored at least one more goal in the first half. Spurs on the other hand now have a chance to take the game back to Ajax in the second-leg and maybe just maybe actually progress too. I still think the Dutch side will go through but Spurs made a case in the second half that they could potentially win the second leg.

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Ajax will most certainly be kicking themselves after that because they should have scored at least one more goal in the first half. Spurs on the other hand now have a chance to take the game back to Ajax in the second-leg and maybe just maybe actually progress too. I still think the Dutch side will go through but Spurs made a case in the second half that they could potentially win the second leg.

If Son plays and Llorente of the bench, Tottenham will go back to the style they started with against Ajax in the first half, Ajax will certainly beat them as they are the better footballing side.  Tottenham had to go to a physical long ball style to get in to the game last night, they cannot afford to do that again as it wasn't very effective, they only ended up having 1 shot on target.

10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

So much for the supposed 'connection' between them. 

There was a banner that spurs made called them Dutch Jewish brothers.  Ajax F-Side response there is no friendship fuck off.

• Subscriber

Ajax are very good but overall the match was dull. Spurs very disappointing even when you allow for their injuries. Would have been much more interesting if City had got through.

Wow, they’ve genuinely used the term “minnows” to describe one of Football’s most famous institutions. 

Part of me is gutted I never bothered doing Sports Journalism at University though. I mean, it’s easy money, isn’t it? Or at least it seems when you read stuff like that. 

• Subscriber

Talksport are the ones who actually invite Sam Allardyce to speak as a pundit and to comment as an 'impartial' expert on Everton and the manager that they chose to replace him. Garbage.

The best part about that tweet is that you can sort of see it if they were playing Barcelona or Juventus but it's Spurs xD.

Read on the internet that Ajax board called seven of the current squad players, convinced them to stay another season at least. This will be the last season for many of them, so enjoy these last few games. For a club with Ajax’s budget, them being only one game away from the UCL final is an extraordinary achievement

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

Read on the internet that Ajax board called seven of the current squad players, convinced them to stay another season at least. This will be the last season for many of them, so enjoy these last few games. For a club with Ajax’s budget, them being only one game away from the UCL final is an extraordinary achievement

Ajax will only sell de Jong and maybe Ziyech, the rest will stay, Neres has just signed a new contract, De Ligt will stay another season as he is only 19 there is still a lot to learn for him still, but already in his career he has played in the Europa League final and now possibly a Champions League final at the age of 19 with Ajax.     Do not be fooled by Ajax's budget they are a very wealthy club with a few hundred million just sitting in reserve in their accounts, alot of their funds goes on their youth set up so they are in a position not to spend a lot of money on player transfers.  This season alone though they have already sold de Jong for 85 million Euros plus will get at least 90 million euros just from the Champions League.

Tadic on his move to Ajax.

“We play great football with a great philosophy and it’s nice to be part of such a nice club like Ajax. The football philosophy is great, it’s nice to see four offensive teams in the semi-final who want to dominate.

“I’m enjoying it playing in a more attacking role as a No 9. I have a lot of freedom in that position. I can move where I want. I like to have freedom and like to work hard for the team. We play for each other, we fight for each other, that’s the main thing.

“I left the Premier League because I got kicked all the time. If you don’t play for one of the top six teams, you cannot dominate games. You spend a lot of time without the ball.

“In the Premier League, it’s hard because you don’t get much protection, it seems to be 80 per cent for the defender and 20 per cent for the attacker. It’s much different if you play in Europe, you are protected more and I’ve loved playing for Ajax. We look to dominate against every team we play.”

On 01/05/2019 at 16:31, Smiley Culture said:

Wow, they’ve genuinely used the term “minnows” to describe one of Football’s most famous institutions. 

Part of me is gutted I never bothered doing Sports Journalism at University though. I mean, it’s easy money, isn’t it? Or at least it seems when you read stuff like that. 

Not sure how it is in England or what the minimum wage is, but there are so many agenda's in this career. Telling you via experience. Most news outlets would rather hire former footballers than people who actually know what they are doing. The wage isn't great either.

I could still end up being a journalist. Right now I'm at a stump at what I want to do. However, I can at least tell you the agenda's exist.

7 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Not sure how it is in England or what the minimum wage is, but there are so many agenda's in this career. Telling you via experience. Most news outlets would rather hire former footballers than people who actually know what they are doing. The wage isn't great either.

I could still end up being a journalist. Right now I'm at a stump at what I want to do. However, I can at least tell you the agenda's exist.

Any job related to media has agendas there is literally not a single media outlet anywhere that doesn't has a specific agenda but that's what corporate culture is all about  

1 hour ago, Danny said:

You’ve probably got your nose too close to your dads bellend

Kinda proving ScoRoss' point don't you think?

22 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Kinda proving ScoRoss' point don't you think?

That you wash your mouth with your dads semen? Serious multitasking whilst rimming ScoRoss at the same time 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived