talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-1 Ajax - Tuesday 30th April, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocking waste to have City go out at the hands of Spurs, when we could have been treated to a competitive and quality semi final.

City Ajax would have been brilliant for the neutral. This is way too one sided.

• Administrator

Jenas immediately going for the 'keeper elbow gets Vertonghen' straight after it happened xD

Why not wait for the replay say something you melt xD

Smashed in to his own defenders head. 

I am jumping on the Van de Beek bandwagon. Sensational midfielder.

I'll be totally honest, I wanted Tottenham to win this. This Ajax side are so likeable, but it would be a much better story if Spurs won it. Regardless though, I hope the winner of this tie wins the whole thing.

• Subscriber

Vertonghen looked like he was going to fall over. Glad it didnt happen on the pitch and hes getting the medical attention he needs now. Hope all is okay, a delayed concussion is no joke.

• Administrator

That was really good refereeing as well there. You don't see that too often when it comes to checking for head injuries or concussion. 

Just a lot of common sense there

Ajax can't compete with Spurs physically so lumping it forward and working for set-pieces obviously makes total sense.

It's just sad that a club of limited resources puts enormous effort into developing a technically elite side, and the major financial power just invests it's resources into getting bigger and faster players. 

• Administrator

Spurs come out with a bit of a rocket up their arse since half time. Ajax the one making a few more mistakes and getting pressured on the ball more. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

As shit as Spurs have been first half they are missing a lot of key players, turning the pressure up now though.

Is Son available next game? They desperately need him

A lot? 2 and then Vertonghen who got injured in the game. 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-1 Ajax - Tuesday 30th April, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived