talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool - Wednesday 1st May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Got barged by Milner after the ball was out of play...

And that is cause to roll around as if shot before smiling lovingly into the camera? 

Its tactics of course but fuck me, at least make it less obvious. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

How has Busquets not gotten a card there.

Yep. Should have been booked. Ref played advantage but should have gone back. 

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

And rolled on the ground like Neymar. 

Barcelona is such an easy team to hate despite being so good. Half of their players act like clowns.

True. Think it was needless on both sides. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Little dirty this game. Cheeky elbow by Robertson 

If we wind Suarez up it will probably be the best thing for us. Forget Vidal hes a volcano just waiting to erupt.

• Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

If we wind Suarez up it will probably be the best thing for us. Forget Vidal hes a volcano just waiting to erupt.

Make it sound as if it's okay to wind Suarez up but if he gives a little back it's not liked at all xD

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I'd usually agree, but it's quite a nice contrast given all the Barca fanboys they usually have doing their games

(Disclaimer: I turned on just before kick-off so don't know who's in the studio)

Usual fanboys? Like who? 

Ferdinand and Garcia in the studio as pundits. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Make it sound as if it's okay to wind Suarez up but if he gives a little back it's not liked at all xD

Robertson will elbow him with Suarez you have no idea what he'll do. Doubt this game ends at this score with the way both teams are playing. 

Just now, Stan said:

Didn’t you know it was OK for Milner to barge Messi but totally unacceptable for Messi to milk it?

Don't really see the fuss about celebration. It's okay to celebrate against your former side. 

There is no impetus from the right. Happens when you play Gomez instead of Trent. He has done strictly okay defensively. But we have no attacking threat on that side. Can't see that changing since we have already lost one sub. 

Fancy Firmino to come on and improve our movement. Frankly we have done alright. 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Just seen the replay for the goal and VVD was at fault there... stood still while Dinosaurez runs into the space to score

I mean when Suarez has took the ball, facing away from Van Dijk, so it's hard to expect him to get all the way around Suarez and cut out a ball that's been fired in that fast from Alba. 

Could have been closer but wouldn't have made a difference imo. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Don't really see the fuss about celebration. It's okay to celebrate against your former side. 

There is no impetus from the right. Happens when you play Gomez instead of Trent. He has done strictly okay defensively. But we have no attacking threat on that side. Can't see that changing since we have already lost one sub. 

Fancy Firmino to come on and improve our movement. Frankly we have done alright. 

I did wonder why Alexander-Arnold didn't start ahead of Gomez. Thought he'd give more threat down the right but then I guess Gomez is more defensively minded to give balance when Robertson attacks... 

• Administrator
Just now, Burning Gold said:

Lineker and Ferdinand are perfect examples xD

Luis Garcia played for both clubs, but probably favours Liverpool to be fair

Thought Ferdinand is usually quite balanced. 

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I mean when Suarez has took the ball, facing away from Van Dijk, so it's hard to expect him to get all the way around Suarez and cut out a ball that's been fired in that fast from Alba. 

Could have been closer but wouldn't have made a difference imo. 

It wouldn't have been so bad if Saurez had not been pointing to where he wanted the ball put and it was right in front of VVD and he still didn't make any movement to try and cut it out or track Saurez at all... 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I did wonder why Alexander-Arnold didn't start ahead of Gomez. Thought he'd give more threat down the right but then I guess Gomez is more defensively minded to give balance when Robertson attacks... 

Not having Firmino, weirdly, makes us weaker defensively (it's counterintuitive when you just think about his position - but you have to also consider how he's dropping into the midfield and generally is all over the pitch). I think it's just to shore things up defensively while Firmino isn't playing.

Think we've done ok so far. Just stay in the tie. We've had a few openings without testing their keeper but I feel like they know we're always a danger. Hopefully we can make more of any openings we get in the second half

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not having Firmino, weirdly, makes us weaker defensively (it's counterintuitive when you just think about his position - but you have to also consider how he's dropping into the midfield and generally is all over the pitch). I think it's just to shore things up defensively while Firmino isn't playing.

Fair enough. I think I said in another thread a few weeks back he's almost underrated in the Liverpool side this season with a different role while Mane/Salah get the plaudits for the goals. Got a good work rate on him and blends well with midfield to help attacks. 

11 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Winding up Vidal often means he loses his head, and gets sent off. You want that.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Michael Owen saying that he prays Liverpool get back in it, has he completely forgotten that he signed for Manchester United xD?

Great analysis I thought when he said he saw Alba walk in to the chapel for a few seconds but didn't see what he actually did. I was inspired. 

Regarding Suarez celebrating, doesn't bother me one bit. Would rather players celebrate against former clubs than not. The whole not celebrating always seems a bit fake to me, particularly in a European Cup semi final

• The title was changed to Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool - Wednesday 1st May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived