talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool - Wednesday 1st May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

Messi. :89_clap:

D5gvJDSWsAAZNaa.jpg:large

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but it only takes just over a second to go in. And by the time he sees it it would be very difficult to save it in my opinion

Having seen that there I am inclined to believe you, It was great strike just from the angle I saw looked like the keeper had more time to get to it... clearly not!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bollocks this talk about shithousing/scrapping the win. Liverpool had chances but what about Barca? They should’ve had 2-3 more. You win the game by being clinical, not by having the ball more. 

The game changed the moment Semedo came on and Roberto was shifted to midfield. This allowed Messi to have more space through transition. 

If you've played a game that could have high scoring, at home in the CL, you've prepared awfully. 

And yeah, being clinical is part of shithousing results. They very much go hand in hand. 

Just now, Inverted said:

If you've played a game that could have high scoring, at home in the CL, you've prepared awfully. 

And yeah, being clinical is part of shithousing results. They very much go hand in hand. 

You know what Its called missing your chances and having your best player hit the post when it matters? 

Bottle jobs. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

You know what Its called missing your chances and having your best player hit the post when it matters? 

Bottle jobs. 

Yeah but it's obviously Barcelona's fault that Liverpool couldn't capitalise on the dominating period they had... 

Just now, Cicero said:

Bottle jobs. 

The other team bottling it is also a common feature, if not necessary feature of shithousing results. You play badly, and hope the other team doesn't punish you. 

• Subscriber

Someone earlier in the thread that Barcelona will get relegated when they lose Messi. While that will never happen in my lifetime I seriously think they'll go back to being a good side from a great side when he does retire. The amount of skill and guile on show from him even when things were going against his team is phenomenal and this is what he does most times when he is needed to. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yeah but it's obviously Barcelona's fault that Liverpool couldn't capitalise on the dominating period they had... 

No but it's Barca's fault that a team with James Milner and Jordan Henderson dominated half the game against them in the Camp Nou. 

I don't get what's so hard to understand. 

Is it bottling if we forced 3 or 4 really good saves from their keeper, who was arguably their best player considering he kept 3 or 4 away goals out. And whoever made that block from Firmino's shot on the goal line, that was also a crucial moment.

Messi had the moments of magic, but I think that game was more a testament to Barca's defensive resolve and the quality of their keeper than their attacking prowess. Unless you needed a match to remind you that Luis Suarez and Leo Messi are very good players that don't need many chances to punish you. But I didn't need that reminder.

• Administrator
Just now, Inverted said:

No but it's Barca's fault that a team with James Milner and Jordan Henderson dominated half the game against them in the Camp Nou. 

I don't get what's so hard to understand. 

They're not exactly non-league standard players are they though. Let's not disrespect a side like Liverpool who are in a Champions League semi final and also vying for the Premier League title. 

Don't get as a neutral how you can like this Barcelona side. Messi, fair enough, best there ever was. But the rest of these shithouses? Nah sorry, I don't get it. 

The tie is only 90% over. We can score three goals against anybody if we are up for it, and we will absolutely be up for it next week. Don't stop believing, hold on to that feeling.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

They're not exactly non-league standard players are they though. Let's not disrespect a side like Liverpool who are in a Champions League semi final and also vying for the Premier League title. 

I absolutely respect Liverpool, but the real quality of what they do is mostly at the level of the collective and their tactical preparation. 

Barcelona's qualities lie pretty much solely in their individuals. Ter Stegen, Piqué, Busquets, Messi - Jesus Christ you can't ask for more individual quality. 

As a team, as a collective, they're poor and there's really nothing to admire about them. The only consistent tactical feature of the team is the relentless gamesmanship. 

Jose Mourinho can prepare a team to sit back in a 4-4-2 and counter through Leo Messi. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Don't get as a neutral how you can like this Barcelona side. Messi, fair enough, best there ever was. But the rest of these shithouses? Nah sorry, I don't get it. 

The tie is only 90% over. We can score three goals against anybody if we are up for it, and we will absolutely be up for it next week. Don't stop believing, hold on to that feeling.

My most recent memory of thinking its all over was when we played Dortmund in the semis. When we scored the winner and went through at home I didn't know if i was watching a real game or something that I had just imagined. I don't think this is over yet either and it is certainly going to be hard but we have it at home and we've been very good there.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Ter Stegen? Astounding goalkeeper, arguably the best in the world. Jordi Alba, probably the most underrated left-back in the game who has been terrorising teams all season. Pique in the middle, Mr. Barcelona and a fantastic servant to the game, don't understand how anyone can dislike Pique to be honest. 

Can understand the dislike for Suarez and Vidal but struggling with the rest. Just because it's fashionable to hate the best doesn't make it right, plus every team has its players that annoy folk - not sure why Barcelona get so much stick, perhaps because they have been arguably the best team in the world for nearly a decade. 

They way they flop to the floor when a breeze touches them is what I mean. The number of non fouls given today was ridiculous and the Barca players rolling about like they had been shotgunned. Embarrassing.

I'm not doubting their individual ability, but likable they are not 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Ter Stegen? Astounding goalkeeper, arguably the best in the world. Jordi Alba, probably the most underrated left-back in the game who has been terrorising teams all season. Pique in the middle, Mr. Barcelona and a fantastic servant to the game, don't understand how anyone can dislike Pique to be honest. 

Can understand the dislike for Suarez and Vidal but struggling with the rest. Just because it's fashionable to hate the best doesn't make it right, plus every team has its players that annoy folk - not sure why Barcelona get so much stick, perhaps because they have been arguably the best team in the world for nearly a decade. 

Tennis fans apparently hate him for destroying the Davis Cup. xD But yes, Piqué has been amazing this season. 

Didn´t see this angle live, but it seems the foul that generated Messi´s free kick goal wasn´t really a foul. 

It's obviously a foul. Strange reaction from Messi though, angle probably makes it look much worse than it was though. What a free kick though. No right to score from there and not much Alisson' can do about it

I saw mane take a few dives as well. And gave Vidal a face palm. To vidals credit he didn't milk. 

Salah also has been known to flop. Unfortunately it is part of the game

also milners charge on messi and saw Robertson stick an elbow into Suarez.  (Liverpool fans don't see that stuff though)

For sure the game had a scrappy edge to it from both sides

• The title was changed to Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool - Wednesday 1st May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived