talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2018/19 [ 32. Spieltag ] 3rd - 5th May, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

FUCK VAR. Freiburg got an unjustified penalty against us, and the VAR didn't even intervene.

Also yesterday Hertha's handball, wrongly disallowed Gomez's goal because of a wrong offside call, a joke penalty for Hannover + this against Fortuna today; and the matchday is not even over xD 

Pathetic. VAR is a good idea in principle but terrible in execution as you still have humans operating it so just the same incompetence and bias and it won't change until poor performances start getting consequences - you know, like just in any other job if you mess up regularly. 

D5zyR50WwAAyWzH.jpg

It also feels like German referees are getting worse with every season. From the current bunch, only Aytekin leaves a good impression most of the time. Also there's absolutely no consistency in refereeing in general.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another point for Tommy's gang and a reasonable watch - given the chance I would have watched it twice rather than the rubbish I endured two hours earlier. At least eight of the 11 men in blue without a single clue or idea between them.  Enough said other than to respond to quote It also feels like German referees are getting worse with every season unquote.  Just be thankful you don't have the English lot and even they are brilliant compared to the Scots guys!

Freiburg with an early second yellow card, and what a shame that we weren't able to use that advantage. But in the end, a point away from home is always a good thing. Bring on Dortmund ;) 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

only Aytekin leaves a good impression 

I would have laughed if you posted this 3-4 years ago, but he really improved a lot. 

Just saw the score. Didn't see that coming. Is Frankfurt reserving themselves for Chelsea? I read that this match could decide European fate too.

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Just saw the score. Didn't see that coming. Is Frankfurt reserving themselves for Chelsea? I read that this match could decide European fate too.

Frankfurt has just seemed totally empty after their game at Benfica.

Such a pitiful display. Since our win against Benfica it hasn't been pretty though, but certainly didn't expect this. 

I wonder how much of this is due to Jovic being rumored to agree to terms with Real Madrid, and how much of this is just Frankfurt running out of steam.

And it sucks because we are still playing for CL, but you wouldn't be able to know if you just watched this pitiful display.

• Administrator

Just seen the Leverkusen score. Wow. I can only imagine Frankfurt are going all out for Thursday's game against Chelsea and fielded a weakened side? 

On 06/05/2019 at 00:28, Stan said:

Just seen the Leverkusen score. Wow. I can only imagine Frankfurt are going all out for Thursday's game against Chelsea and fielded a weakened side?

They made some changes, but mainly they are just shattered after a hard season. Far to important a game to save players. I sadly see a similar scoreline at the Bridge.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Relling said:

They made some changes, but mainly they are just shattered after a hard season. Far to important a game to save players. I sadly see a similar scoreline at the Bridge.

I hope not :(. Would be a shame to see them humiliated like so as that's one thing many fans (who aren't familiar with German football) will remember them by, in contrast to all the good things about Frankfurt this season - the atmosphere, the entertaining play, exciting players etc. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived