talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Luton & Barnsley Automatically Promoted to The Championship

football forum

With Pompey dropping points tonight, it's official that Luton and Barnsley are automatically going up into the Championship, although they are level on points so the Champion will be determine in the final match day. 

As for playoffs, it'll be (in some order) Pompey, Sunderland, Charlton, and Doncaster/Peterborough.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good on Luton. What a journey from when they went into admin and nose dived into the conference.

Particularly pleased given Nathan Jones left them half way through to join those cloggers Stoke and they didnt show any sign of capitulation. 

Wish them all the best.

Barnsley are just a direct replacement for Rotherham all ends up. Yawn.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Good on Luton. What a journey from when they went into admin and nose dived into the conference.

Particularly pleased given Nathan Jones left them half way through to join those cloggers Stoke and they didnt show any sign of capitulation. 

Wish them all the best.

Barnsley are just a direct replacement for Rotherham all ends up. Yawn.

When you compare them to Notts County as well (as they were both in top spots last season in League Two) it just emphasises the difference in management between the clubs. 

Luton have been through a shit load in the last 10-15 years so I hope they can use this promotion as a catalyst for better things and at least avoiding relegation next season with some comfort - step up from league one to Championship is fairly big. 

Part of me is happy for Luton. They were the best team from the second month until the last, and while they dropped a lot of points here at the finish, still a pretty incredible rise. 

Barnsley I'm indifferent on, if I could have picked the two teams for automatic promotion and it couldn't be Pompey, then I would have picked anyone but Sunderland...so with that I'm rather pleased. 

Archived