talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Inter Appoint Antonio Conte

Conte's Next Managerial Role  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Conte end up Next Year?

• AS Roma
    • Inter Milan
    • AC Milan
    • Juvetus
    • Other (PSG, etc)

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He's great when it suits him no doubt. So what happens if he doesn't get what he wants at inter? He chucks his toys out again. Part of being a great coach is dealing with adversity.

And he has dealt with adversity. Winning the league and FA Cup not having his targets. Did that not happen? 

He didn’t want to be a ‘yes’ man. He will undoubtedly  have more power back in Italy. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Cicero said:

And he has dealt with adversity. Winning the league and FA Cup not having his targets. Did that not happen? 

He didn’t want to be a ‘yes’ man. He will undoubtedly  have more power back in Italy. 

Fair enough. Although inter Milan will take time to rebuild. Not 100% certain somebody who leaves when he doesn't get what he wants is the best man for the job. 

Plenty of managers have left Chelsea because of the way that club is run 😂 Conte established Juve’s current dominance, turned an average Italy side into a very good one and won the league and FA Cup in England.

Inter will be lucky to have him

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Spalletti officially sacked today. 

Ridiculous really, I know Conte is a winner but Spalletti wasn't bad for Inter by any means. It also seems odd hiring a Juve legend.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Ridiculous really, I know Conte is a winner but Spalletti wasn't bad for Inter by any means. It also seems odd hiring a Juve legend.

Spaletti isn't the coach that Conte is, so on that front the moves makes sense. 

It does seem like an odd move from Conte personally, as this will likely turn a lot of Juve faithful against him. With the Juve role looking like it's his if he wants it, that would have made a lot more sense for him personally. 

Juve fans sign Conte petition

Over 3,000 Juventus fans have signed a petition asking for Antonio Conte’s star to be removed from the club’s stadium.

The user ‘Buddy Guy Black & White’ created the Change.org page in response to Conte’s imminent appointment at Inter, who are traditionally Juve’s closest rivals.

“Antonio Conte was a beloved captain, who also played with his heart,” it read.

“Then he became our Coach and won us an unexpected Scudetto without a top squad after Calciopoli and seventh places.

“That could be compared, I think, to winning a Champions League, precisely because of the historical importance attached to it... then he left for reasons that are probably not entirely clear, two days before the start of the season.

“Not a nice thing but, so far, it still falls into logic... What will be, as far as I’m concerned, an indelible divide with Conte is his landing at Inter...

“We know Coaches, as well as players and directors, are professionals, who have every right to make professional choices that go beyond ‘belonging’.

“If Mou came to Juve, he would’ve done nothing wrong to Inter, just as if Sarri did or Capello to Roma in the past, because things that are said during the course of a season all add up in dialectical clashes dictated by the moment, from situations on the field...

“In the case of Conte at Inter, I think it’s something very different. He’s not just a former Juventus player or a professional going to a rival team. Many have done that in the past...

“Here we have a person going to a club where, internally, even today, there are individuals like Zanetti or [Pirelli chief Marco] Tronchetti Provera, to pick two names at random, who have never hid their opinions about Juventus, who stole Scudetti from the same Juventus that Conte played for and was a protagonist for.

“Going to Inter isn’t a professional choice for Conte. A professional choice would be to go to Napoli, Roma, Milan...

“Going to Inter means joining a club who have tried, luckily without succeeding, through several more or less clear channels, to destroy us and throw dirt on the history of which Conte was undoubtedly the protagonist...

“Going to Inter isn’t a professional choice. Going to Inter will mean trampling on one’s dignity first...

“As far as I'm concerned, the star at the stadium represents what being a ‘juventino’ is about and not just the past...

“In making this jump, Conte no longer represents the ‘juventino’ spirit and values that embody the other stars.

“[Zibi] Boniek wasn’t given one for the same reason, and he was more worthy of it than Conte right now.”

The 49-year-old played 400 times for the Bianconeri as a player, winning five Scudetti and a Champions League.

He later led the Old Lady to three Scudetti as a Coach, prior to stepping down in 2014.

xD

• The title was changed to OFFICIAL: Inter appoint Conte

Well, it's official. 

Inter fans seem happy, but reserved given his past. 

Juventus fans are pissed and trying to get rid of his statue. 

A top notch coach in the world of football, with a shorter leash than usual before even starting given who he is. Unreal. 

Odd appointment that reminds me of when Ancelotti coached Juventus. Why? Both hated each respective club when they were footballers and Ancelotti once stated that his time coaching Juve was repugnant.

I wonder how this will end.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Odd appointment that reminds me of when Ancelotti coached Juventus. Why? Both hated each respective club when they were footballers and Ancelotti once stated that his time coaching Juve was repugnant.

I wonder how this will end.

Even worse really. The hatred between these two clubs might be stronger than any two clubs in Italy. Much more hatred here than with the Milan or Roma clubs. The amount of Juve fans that are probably sick to their stomach right now is massive. 

55 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Reports Conte wants nothing to do with Icardi and his wife. Prefers them gone before he officially starts training the 1st team. 

:congrats:

Why would he take that stance? I can't imagine a sensible manager judging someone's personal life in such a manner. Surely he would have immediately expelled John Terry?

14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Why would he take that stance? I can't imagine a sensible manager judging someone's personal life in such a manner. Surely he would have immediately expelled John Terry?

The Icardi's are a virus. Fights with the fans being his biggest downfall. 

I can't think of one Inter fan that wants them at Inter next year. 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

The Icardi's are a virus. Fights with the fans being his biggest downfall. 

I can't think of one Inter fan that wants them at Inter next year. 

Well, I would say Wanda is the problem not Mauro. Even his family talk shit about her on social media! His brother and sister have referred to her as a parasite.

If not for her, I would imagine there’d be no yearly contract demands, and bizarre photo shoots, and controversial biographies.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Well, I would say Wanda is the problem not Mauro. Even his family talk shit about her on social media! His brother and sister have referred to her as a parasite.

If not for her, I would imagine there’d be no yearly contract demands, and bizarre photo shoots, and controversial biographies.

Maybe - but then again, Mauro should have some balls. No woman is worth all of the headaches. 

Archived