talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Iker Casillas Suffers Heart Attack

football forum

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you read the topic title together with Grizzly's first post, you'd think he's a goner. Hate that kind of "sensationalism"? Is that the right word?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

If you read the topic title together with Grizzly's first post, you'd think he's a goner. Hate that kind of "sensationalism"? Is that the right word?

Clickbait.

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Clickbait.

Stan is spot on. Clickbait title and opener there. 

FFS.

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Your point?

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Your point?

His point is clearly stated. You made it seem MUCH more serious than it is, and gave it a doom and gloom feeling to it. 

Still scary as shit, but this did come off as if you were insinuating he was on his death bed. 

Just now, Eco said:

His point is clearly stated. You made it seem MUCH more serious than it is, and gave it a doom and gloom feeling to it. 

Still scary as shit, but this did come off as if you were insinuating he was on his death bed. 

I haven't lied since I got here. I said he suffered a heart attack, and that he was rushed to the hospital, which were both true. If you're bothered by it then I suggest you delete this thread and start it yourself.

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

What a stark reminder that even people who are considered physically fit can suffer from a heart-attack.

True but I'd say that professional athletes are far from being healthy as they push their bodies way beyond the limit for decades... Also countless pain medication. So no wonder that sometimes things like this happen. That said, it also happens to "regular" young people too.

Don't know if this is the case with Casillas but so many congenital heart disorders ore hereditary issues aren't noticeable at all (even with screening) and don't normally have any impact on one's life. For athletes, those are extremely dangerous though as overexerting oneself regularly might lead to exacerbation of the symptoms and might lead to heart attack or cardiac arrest, and worse. 

Good to hear that it's a minor one and he got help in time...

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

To be fair it's just stating the facts as that's how it was reported first before there were more details... 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

True but I'd say that professional athletes are far from being healthy as they push their bodies way beyond the limit for decades... Also countless pain medication. So no wonder that sometimes things like this happen. That said, it also happens to "regular" young people too.

Don't know if this is the case with Casillas but so many congenital heart disorders ore hereditary issues aren't noticeable at all (even with screening) and don't normally have any impact on one's life. For athletes, those are extremely dangerous though as overexerting oneself regularly might lead to exacerbation of the symptoms and might lead to heart attack or cardiac arrest, and worse. 

I remember right before I started college, there was an elite distance runner going to my school to be, and he died of a heart attack while eating lunch, partially due to the fact that he was putting so much stress on his heart while competing, that his heart was too weak to handle it. 

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, nudge said:

I've actually seen this as well. Used to have someone I worked with and the guy was into cycling long distances and would literally be out every weekend doing long distances and then I remember going into work and someone said he was in the hospital with a heart-attack. At the time I didn't even know he was taking drugs to help keep up with the cycling he was doing but he's fine now and thankfully learned his lesson as well. I don't know if its congenital in this case but as people get older and they do try and exert their bodies past the point of what they really should be its definitely going to take its toll. As for the dosing and amount of chemicals they do take for pain and other performance related reasons its eventually going to take effect and some are just luckier than others either genetically or just pure luck. Having said that I am glad the guy is okay and is recovering. 

• Subscriber

On a side note, I dont know if anyone here has any knowledge on this and I am looking online. What kind of conditioning do Goalkeepers go through with teams? I've never really put any thought into it but I'd imagine the physical conditioning for endurance is the same as the rest of the squad but for reflexes and agility surely they are all taking something at some point right?

Mad this. The news made me feel upset and equally old, finding out Iker was 37. Glad he’s okay. 

Saddened however that I’d imagine that he’s played his last game of Football, because I loved watching him. A weird thing to say about a keeper but he was World Class and made it look like he was a freak with some of the saves he made. 

Yeah his doctor has said he's okay and will have a normal life, but football is over for him.

Sad way to end a career... but he's also had a very long and successful career and he'll go down in history as one of the goalkeeping greats of our time. I hope he stays healthy and enjoys the rest of his life. Probably could get into Spanish punditry for some easy money and a pretty stress-free life after football.

He's had a long successful career, but he also has two little sons he needs to take care of. Gotta get your priorities straight after escaping a heart attack relatively lucky. All the best to him. 

There are much more important things in life than work(in this case football) so it's the correct thing to do, as he has kids to take care of.

Sad it has ended like this for him, but he's had a ridiculously successful career and won literally everything a player could want to achieve, both at club and international level.

Archived