Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle
Newcastle 2-0 Liverpool

Recent Form
Newcastle - DWWLW
Liverpool - LWWWW

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to keep the pressure on City by taking the 3 points. So unlikely they'll slip up though so I do wonder whether we'll be a bit deflated on the pitch on Saturday. Hopefully Klopp can get a positive response after the Barca disappointment.

I'd like to see Shaqiri get some minutes.

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Benitez to roll over against his former club, 3-0 Liverpool.

I think the same, even if Liverpool played all their reserves side. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I doubt Rafa will be doing any favors to anyone. Losing a game like this just isnt like him and he'll want a result to keep the players going.

I think he'll be a complete professional and expect us to be good enough to get the result. 

I don't think he'd be unhappy to lose to us though in the current circumstances.

His players, knowing this, could be affected in the way they'd tavkle the game.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think he'll be a complete professional and expect us to be good enough to get the result. 

I don't think he'd be unhappy to lose to us though in the current circumstances.

His players, knowing this, could be affected in the way they'd tavkle the game.

You cant really say which Newcastle turns up for games anymore. At times they'll look a bit dynamic up front and then other times they languish in the midfield and simply cant progress the ball better. This is where we'll pick them off imo and that will lead to more scoring opportunities. Like I said before, field a strong team put this to bed early and then everyone can get some rest. I also dont think their players need to really be motivated anymore considering the season they've had, they are safe and they know it so what do they really have to play for anymore?

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Come on Stan, you're not that daft. Cannabis yes, but you? 

I know I'm not xD

If Newcastle were still fighting for something in the league like surviving a relegation battle then my feelings would be different and Rafa would definitely be more inclined to go out and win the game. But there's nothing riding on it for Newcastle any more. 

Anyway, what gets me thinking more is when you play Wolves because Connor Coady is a die-hard Liverpool fan and you play them next week xD

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

How does Rafa rolling over work then? Does he play the under 18s? Does he tell the players 'go easy, I want Liverpool to win the league'? It's nonsense

Obviously not as specific as that. Ultimately we'll never know what's said in the dressing room just before the game either way.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Obviously not as specific as that. Ultimately we'll never know what's said in the dressing room just before the game either way.

So seems like you're implying that he could be saying things that will make the Newcastle players want to lose the game, which is ridiculous. These are professionals. This could be his last home game as Newcastle manager, he'll be thinking about getting a result that helps him get his next job and going out on a high with Newcastle. A result against this Liverpool side together with his win over Man City earlier in the season would be impressive to any potential future employers. As if the Newcastle players would be having any of it if he said that something like that to them anyway.

His last home game of the two seasons he's been in the Premier League with Newcastle where they've had nothing to play for has seen them beat Tottenham 5-1 and Chelsea 3-0. 

• Administrator

Fair enough but the bit about getting another job doesn't rely on this one game xD

He's safe to get a big job wherever he goes in my opinion regardless of what happens tonight. I think he may even stay at Newcastle for one more season. 

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fair enough but the bit about getting another job doesn't rely on this one game xD

He's safe to get a big job wherever he goes in my opinion regardless of what happens tonight. I think he may even stay at Newcastle for one more season. 

I didn't say it did. An absolute pasting wouldn't look good though. I did say a result against Liverpool together with his win over Man City would make his season with Newcastle more impressive. 

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

How does Rafa rolling over work then? Does he play the under 18s? Does he tell the players 'go easy, I want Liverpool to win the league'? It's nonsense

"Team. As you know the situation at the top is close. Today we need to lose by at least 4 more goals than City beat Leicester so that if it comes down to the final day and City lose and Liverpool draw they will have goal difference in their favour. I assure you if you do this you have my word that you'll never walk alone!"

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

The funniest way he could do it would be by drugging his players.

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Probably just resting him.He came on in the last game so a day off doesn't hurt I suppose. 

In such an important game I thought he'd be on the bench if he's not injured though? He didn't look like the Firmino we know the other night even though he had one cleared off the line. Having said that, Firmino never looks great off the bench (apart from maybe the PSG game in September)

• The title was changed to Newcastle 2-3 Liverpool - Saturday 4th May, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived