talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Huddersfield 1-1 Man Utd - Sunday 5th May, 2019

• Administrator

Kick-off 14:00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Huddersfield_Town_A.F.C._logo.svg     VS     220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Head to Head
Man Utd 3-1 Huddersfield
Huddersfield 0-2 Man Utd (FA Cup)
Man Utd 2-0 Huddersfield
Huddersfield 2-1 Man Utd

Recent Form
Huddersfield - LLLLL
Man Utd - DLLLW

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Probably the dullest team the Premier League has seen over the last two years and they're on the last Super Sunday of the year? They've offered nothing and continue to spiral back into mediocrity.

And Huddersfield aren't much better.

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

After the utter wankfest that occurred following his initial run, that'd be funny as hell. Can't see it happening though. 

Your turn next week buddy to rub the salt in and beat United at OT, they couldn't even beat a relegated side away in Huddersfield and I think Cardiff, although relegated are 10 times better than Huddersfield...and United.

If I was Ole I would play a load of youth players in the final game as I think they would do a far better job for United than the overpaid wankers United have in the team at the moment, I would think seriously of making either Shaw or McTominay captain of the side next season as United do need a leader on the pitch instead of the current old and overpaid tosspot in Young, time for a clear out Ole and Europa here we come YAAAAHOOOOO :shoot:

He’s the Norwegian Craig Shakespeare, isn’t he? 

His “Uncle Albert” approach of “during Fergie’s era” and not parking the car in his space and taking them to some former training ground has not worked and they probably look at him like a fool. 

13 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

His “Uncle Albert” approach of “during Fergie’s era” and not parking the car in his space and taking them to some former training ground has not worked and they probably look at him like a fool. 

I read that somewhere else. Is that actually true then? What a freak

And, should Watford defeat Manchester City in the FA Cup final to earn a place in the Europa League group phase, United's lucrative pre-season tour will need to be cut short.

That is because United would have to start in the second qualifying round in July, requiring them to play on the same day as they are scheduled to face Tottenham in a pre-season game in Shanghai.

So basically they're now left wanting Man City to win a domestic treble. How low they've dropped

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

They should sack him. Then again, the shouldn't of hired him. Everybody making decisions at that club are idiots. Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

I sound like a broken record, but I was one of the people who said this wouldn't end well. Shakespeare at Leicester is the classic example, but I think more of it was how refreshed the players must have felt with Mourinho leaving. It was a novelty effect and wasn't going to last.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think there's a real chance they'll sack Solskjaer.

I agree with this. Said it a few weeks ago.

They're in freefall.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Shakespeare didn't tumble this badly xD

4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

After the utter wankfest that occurred following his initial run, that'd be funny as hell. Can't see it happening though. 

They will give him time. At least till December. 

United should see a lot of high profile exits this summer. And I feel that will be a good thing. Cash-in on players who aren't motivated to play for the club and rebuild. 

Now it depends how much Ole gets to spend and more importantly how he spends it. Did he sign players when he was at Cardiff, and how did that go?

United's number one priority this summer should be getting a DOF or someone who can do an equivalent job. 

If they don't surround Solskjaer with a completely new decision-making structure, this summer will be a disaster for them. 

He's not going to be there very long, so if they give him a leading role in managing a revamp, it's just going to end up setting them back even further. 

55 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Now it depends how much Ole gets to spend and more importantly how he spends it. Did he sign players when he was at Cardiff, and how did that go?

A small amount were good (Morrison and Manga probably being the main two, seeing as they're still with us) but most were poor or not worthwhile for one reason or another (namely a mixture of high wages for underperforming players or those not getting a proper chance). 

Though part of it was due to relegation, Ole signed about 17 players. Within two years of leaving us, only 3 remained. 

Obviously, Ole will have much more freedom to get his players in due to him being at Man U, but whether he'll get the right players that fit what he wants in his team will be the big question. 

• The title was changed to Huddersfield 1-1 Man Utd - Sunday 5th May, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived