talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 1-1 Brighton - Sunday 5th May, 2019

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.30

Live on Sky Sports

580b57fcd9996e24bc43c4df.png     VS     1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p

Head to Head
Brighton 1-1 Arsenal
Brighton 2-1 Arsenal
Arsenal 2-0 Brighton
Brighton 2-3 Arsenal (FA Cup)
Brighton 2-3 Arsenal (FA Cup)

Recent Form
Arsenal - LLLWW
Brighton - DLDLL

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Not entirely sure there was much contact there but I'll take it. Great pen from Aubameyang.

Yes, very debatable. Surprised that the usual suspects aren't all over this crying and moaning about the officials. Oh you're not Liverpool...

Oh my life so many bums in this team it's unreal. Just goes to show how shit we are now when bums like Lacazette win your player of the season. Players not good enough but massive question marks for Emery only get 4 points out the last 18 in the business end. Europa it is and Chelsea probably do us in that if we squeak past Valencia.

Just to top it all off we are losing are best player by a country mile on a free. xD

4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Nice to see Ramsey getting applauded. Shame he was never truly appreciated by the fans until now. 

So happy for him he is out the door. Never appreciated here even though he has been an incredible player for us.

The squad may not be good enough to challenge for the league but it should've been good enough to win our previous 4 games and comfortably finish top 4 but we didn't get a single win. That's on the manager.

Arsenal lucky to get that penalty call while the defender got the ball. 

No words for the match and the recent run and I dont even have much hope against Valencia away from home. Top 4 should have been easily achieved with the way other teams played but what a terrible season.

Emery has to take the blame for this, the last 10 games have been shocking and all he has had to do is win at home to Palace and Brighton and that would of been good enough to finish 3rd or 4th!  still Emery doesn't know his team or even formation, if he doesnt win the Europa League he could be out of the door.

• Subscriber

Absolute shambles from Arsenal not getting the job done. Had the momentum, the most favourable schedule, and totally shit the bed.

That said, their team is probably the 5th or 6th best squad in the league so getting top four would have been an overachievement.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Emery has to take the blame for this, the last 10 games have been shocking and all he has had to do is win at home to Palace and Brighton and that would of been good enough to finish 3rd or 4th!  still Emery doesn't know his team or even formation, if he doesnt win the Europa League he could be out of the door.

BRING BACK WENGER...9_9 hang on, I will get my coat  getmecoat.gif

I think the loss of Holding has really been so costly at the back which has been the problem, Arsenal went on a long unbeaten run and as soon as holding was injured the defence fell apart leading to downfall.  I still think with the few games that Emery had left he should of been able to win those, its a huge failure even though 90% of the players are shit including players like Auba and Ozil, their mentality is awful. 

4 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

BRING BACK WENGER...9_9 hang on, I will get my coat  getmecoat.gif

Nah Wenger was part of the problem and a lot of these players are the players that Wenger brought in to the club,  I just think Emery is at fault for tinkering so much for the team and formations, even today he put 3 subs on last 10 minutes and it threw the team as he changed everything again when we looked likely to score. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Nah Wenger was part of the problem and a lot of these players are the players that Wenger brought in to the club,  I just think Emery is at fault for tinkering so much for the team and formations, even today he put 3 subs on last 10 minutes and it threw the team as he changed everything again when we looked likely to score. 

I still have respect for Fergie and Wenger though, they did light up the EPL, but as Fergie once said nearing the end of his management with United that managers nowadays last only on a 3/4 basis at a club, gone are the long term managers that bought success to their respective clubs and where managers had the big yes or no over buying and selling over the club owners, sad really.   

1 minute ago, CaaC - John said:

I still have respect for Fergie and Wenger though, they did light up the EPL, but as Fergie once said nearing the end of his management with United that managers nowadays last only on a 3/4 basis at a club, gone are the long term managers that bought success to their respective clubs and where managers had the big yes or no over buying and selling over the club owners, sad really.   

In end that was Wengers downfall with his mate Gazidis and it is why Arsenal are in the mess they are.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 1-1 Brighton - Sunday 5th May, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived