talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 1-1 Brighton - Sunday 5th May, 2019

• Subscriber

I watch nearly every live game but even I didn't watch this yesterday because Arsenal bottling matches against shit opposition because they themselves are too shit to get back in the top 4 even when it's handed them on a plate is a tiresome movie I've seen seemingly every summer since about 2013.

In what they're dubbing the greatest title race of all time it's much more interesting to see if City and Liverpool can keep winning every single game until the finish line and that naturally draws a lot more attention.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I don't get what the 'pretense to be neutral' comment is about either. It's very selective reading on their part. I'm pretty sure I've criticised any team for diving (when I've watched the game or seen the incident after just to clarify) but someone only chooses to see anti-Liverpool stuff? 

Quite interesting. 

• The title was changed to Arsenal 1-1 Brighton - Sunday 5th May, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned
5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I watch nearly every live game but even I didn't watch this yesterday because Arsenal bottling matches against shit opposition because they themselves are too shit to get back in the top 4 even when it's handed them on a plate is a tiresome movie I've seen seemingly every summer since about 2013.

In what they're dubbing the greatest title race of all time it's much more interesting to see if City and Liverpool can keep winning every single game until the finish line and that naturally draws a lot more attention.

Since 2013? We only dropped out of the champions League in 2017. And why have they bottled it? Maybe they just hit form. What is this obsession everyone has with bottling it. 

I literally see no difference or improvement under Emery. They may as well have kept Wenger. United's fall from grace is rightly ridiculed every single day but nobody ever seems to mention Arsenal and, if I were a fan, it'd bother me immensely. People accepted long ago that Arsenal are now just a side that might win a cup and might get into the top because that is what they were long before Wenger left. The day we stop being a laughing stock when we are absolute wank (as are Arsenal) is the day to be really worried

6 minutes ago, Salford Kel said:

I literally see no difference or improvement under Emery. They may as well have kept Wenger. United's fall from grace is rightly ridiculed every single day but nobody ever seems to mention Arsenal and, if I were a fan, it'd bother me immensely. People accepted long ago that Arsenal are now just a side that might win a cup and might get into the top because that is what they were long before Wenger left. The day we stop being a laughing stock when we are absolute wank (as are Arsenal) is the day to be really worried

They have improved all arsenal fans can see that. And it takes more than a season sometimes to rebuild a club. Especially when you aren't given much money because you have a greedy owner who had said he isn't at the club to win trophies

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

They have improved all arsenal fans can see that. And it takes more than a season sometimes to rebuild a club. Especially when you aren't given much money because you have a greedy owner who had said he isn't at the club to win trophies

It does take time, I agree. I just don't see any diference. I'd say that I don't take beating Arsenal for granted like I did for quite a while after Vieira and Bergkamp left/retired but that's more down to us being shite than anything else. I fear Wolves and Leicester just as much tbh

3 minutes ago, Salford Kel said:

It does take time, I agree. I just don't see any diference. I'd say that I don't take beating Arsenal for granted like I did for quite a while after Vieira and Bergkamp left/retired but that's more down to us being shite than anything else. I fear Wolves and Leicester just as much tbh

We have had better results against the bigger teams. I don't know what are points total is compared to last year. We were 12 ahead bit we have lost a few but I imagine we will have more points than last year. Plus we could win the Europa League. It took time with klopp at Liverpool. I said before the season started he should be given two years unless he does really bad and I still think that. The main problem for me at arsenal is the lack of investment.  As much as I hate saying it the only manager I see really improving us with the budget kronke sets is pochentino which isn't gonna happen

Archived