talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-0 Leicester - Monday 6th May, 2019

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

"Where others failed, he nailed" - Tyler's commentary on that goal. Think it's high time to hang up the old microphone there Martin. Hopefully there are a growing cancer of SJWs somewhere on Twitter queuing up to petition for his immediate removal and public flogging as he dared to use Captain Marvel in reference to a male football player.

Captain Marvel is male, except for the movie.

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh and Leicester should sell Iheanacho ASAP. What a terrible striker, doesn't belong in the championship... let alone a top flight side.

Been trying to tell people this for a long time. He's been absolutely horrendous for us.

There is promise in this side but we are a Vardy injury away from trouble. Our attack after him wouldn't stand out in the Championship.

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Lose fucking once all season and dont win the league? WTF

Love this team, champions anyway in my eyes whatever happens. 

Its mad to think one of us is going to lose out after the season we have both had

What a way to bow out for Kompany and I think he should probably make it his swansong. He's still capable but increasing age does catch up and he's looked a bit ropey at times, on the odd occasion Manchester City come under pressure. Seems a lovely fella too, will go down as one of Manchester City's greatest ever.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What a way to bow out for Kompany and I think he should probably make it his swansong. He's still capable but increasing age does catch up and he's looked a bit ropey at times, on the odd occasion Manchester City come under pressure. Seems a lovely fella too, will go down as one of Manchester City's greatest ever.

Yeah, I mean I'm fucking gutted with how City are so relentless but hey, what a goal to win the league. As you say, seems a proper decent bloke as well. 

13 hours ago, Dan said:

Been trying to tell people this for a long time. He's been absolutely horrendous for us.

There is promise in this side but we are a Vardy injury away from trouble. Our attack after him wouldn't stand out in the Championship.

Honestly though just looking at the replay of that I genuinely think he’s missed on purpose. Hard to believe he was actually aiming for the target with that shot. It’s either that or he’s the worst striker in the league by some distance.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

_106818875_15yr.png

_106816261_capture.png

Seen loads of stuff about fans leaving early. Unless there's emergency reasons for doing so I've never understood leaving a game early when the game is in the balance and could be won. 

Yes there can be reasons of public transport like missing last train or something but you'd think in most cases if you're planning to go the game and paid for the ticket you could make alternative plans so you don't miss a goal in last few minutes? 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly though just looking at the replay of that I genuinely think he’s missed on purpose. Hard to believe he was actually aiming for the target with that shot. It’s either that or he’s the worst striker in the league by some distance.

To be honest if you hadn't have seen him play much this season and had the knowledge that he used to play for Man City, then I would actually have that cynicism myself.

The problem is he comes on for cameos, which is admittedly not a lot to turn it around (but he hasn't exactly played well when starting either) and at times produces some scarcely believable poor bits of play. A few weeks ago he came on I think against Newcastle and had a headed effort that went backwards.

I genuinely think there's a case for him being the worst striker in the league.

It's just gone so utterly pear shaped for him here. The bit where I lose sympathy with him is that I don't think he's got the desire to turn it around. I think he's another Nick Powell / Michael Johnson type.

We thought we had a coup. Pep knew.

Kompany's a top lad to be fair. Proper club legend along with David Silva and Aguero. For those that don't get the difference between players who embody the spirit of a club and those who are lazy, mentally weak prima donas compare these three, what they have achieved and how they never demanded moves because Citeh hadn't won anything in whatever season despite the fact that all top clubs would have taken any of them. These are the sort of players you want, not your Robinhos or your Mario Balotellis

• The topic was unpinned

Archived