• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-0 Leicester - Monday 6th May, 2019

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah not at all, he can change that today though

Not often I disagree with you but I think you are a bit harsh on him personally. I mean people say you had Suarez that year but you had Salah last year who broke the premier League goal scoring  record but everyone gives klopp the plaudits. No doubt klopp is a beter coach but Rodgers is still a good coach and probably better than a lot of Liverpool managers in the premier era in my opinion

7 hours ago, Asura said:

For the good of football, please win or draw tomorrow Leicester... A new champion would be nice and I would definitely prefer Liverpool win it over City as they are a much proper club and more than anything the players and Klopp deserve something after the CL final loss last year and also for the way they kept it up with City.

They've got exactly what they deserve for losing the CL final. Fuck all. And they'll get exactly what Manchester united got in 2012 for 'keeping it up with city' which is fuck all. 

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not often I disagree with you but I think you are a bit harsh on him personally. I mean people say you had Suarez that year but you had Salah last year who broke the premier League goal scoring  record but everyone gives klopp the plaudits. No doubt klopp is a beter coach but Rodgers is still a good coach and probably better than a lot of Liverpool managers in the premier era in my opinion

Klopp signed Salah and has come up with multiple systems to get the most out of the front 3. He also took Rodgers signings and made them play well, while they looked mostly average under the man who signed him.

I really dislike Rodgers because of how stubborn he was in the face of glaring issues with his squad and his tactics, and his insistence that it was all fine and that he was the genius behind our SAS partnership so we should trust him. But ultimately he refused to change tactics that had our best player at the time, Gerrard, playing as a deep lying playmaker in a system where there was no movement in front of him. Rodgers basically set us back 2 years after we sold Suarez with his bad signings and tactical naivity  

City to roll Leicester over tonight.

Week's rest, first proper rest they have had for a while, last home game of the season, title in their hands and the hurt of the champions league still aching, they need no further motivation.

I think they will come out fast and establish a lead early. Leicester always have a goal in them but I can see a 4-1 job tonight.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

They've got exactly what they deserve for losing the CL final. Fuck all. And they'll get exactly what Manchester united got in 2012 for 'keeping it up with city' which is fuck all. 

Yep. Losing the CL doesn't mean you deserve to win the league the next season (and yes, before anyone asks I'd say that about any team). 

• Subscriber

It's about their bottle really. The thing that makes me think we can get something is that they often lose it defensively without Fernandinho and we will attack anyone.

Granted if we go that bit too open then you might as well print their name on the trophy.

But we ultimately struggle against parked buses. Against anything else we are dangerous. We beat these earlier in the season.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Klopp signed Salah and has come up with multiple systems to get the most out of the front 3. He also took Rodgers signings and made them play well, while they looked mostly average under the man who signed him.

I really dislike Rodgers because of how stubborn he was in the face of glaring issues with his squad and his tactics, and his insistence that it was all fine and that he was the genius behind our SAS partnership so we should trust him. But ultimately he refused to change tactics that had our best player at the time, Gerrard, playing as a deep lying playmaker in a system where there was no movement in front of him. Rodgers basically set us back 2 years after we sold Suarez with his bad signings and tactical naivity  

Well you know more than me mate but all managers get criticised. Klopp has received a lot of critism. It all comes down to results. If you are winning people say the tactics were right if they are loosing people say they were wrong even though sometimes it is other things. E.g people criticize zonal marking when it goes wrong even though there are many teams that do it well and are successful with it. 

Managers have to be stubborn they  have to do what they think is right. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Yep. Losing the CL doesn't mean you deserve to win the league the next season (and yes, before anyone asks I'd say that about any team). 

I didnt say they need to be handed the league title because the lost the CL final in the previous season. 

My point is that they coped up very well in two straight seasons running deep into the tournaments against an oil club like city in the league and against other european giants like madrid and now barcelona. 

Dont state the obvious that if you have fewer points you dont deserve the league or if you lost the final you dont deserve the trophy, stop acting like Michael Owen @Devil-Dick Willie

Yeah, I don't expect Leicester to really do anything for us tonight. City know what they have to do. 

Just praying for a miracle, but it looks like we aren't getting one of those this season.

• Subscriber

We're unchanged. Barnes unlucky to miss out especially given he's got the pace to hurt these on the counter. Maddison and Albrighton out wide. I did question this line-up against Arsenal but it seemed to work, although it was 0-0 when Barnes came on for Ndidi, granted against 10 men.

No Fernandinho for them is a big one. Foden starts.

Is Martin Tyler commentating on Sky? So dull. Leicester have had a couple clear cuts there and he's just silent.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Is Martin Tyler commentating on Sky? So dull. Leicester have had a couple clear cuts there and he's just silent.

He's been shit for a good few years to be fair. 

• Administrator

First 20 mins been decent from us. Fairly composed on the ball. 

Keeping Sterling quiet which is good but Bernardo Silva on the other hand is getting a lot of it and looks Man City's best player so fsr

Unbelievably cynical challenge from David Silva on Tielemans. City counter from the free kick.

Really negative approach from City tonight, and Leicester have still created an unusual amount. Bizarre. 

• Administrator

Dirty tackle from Silva. 

Man City fans claiming a handball from that xD

It ricochets on to Evans arm as much as it did on to Sterling's arm moments before. 

13 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Do you get the sky punditry where you are?

Just now, Dan said:

We're doing very well here.

Come in Leicester. I actually really want Liverpool to win the league 

• The title was changed to Man City 1-0 Leicester - Monday 6th May, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived