talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-0 Leicester - Monday 6th May, 2019

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Never thought a season where we'd be great would be the worst season I've ever experienced. But the ending to this season is truly awful. There isn't enough alcohol in the world for me to drink to make me feel better about it really. But I knew Leicester would lose today.

Really it's fitting that they gave us hope they could get something in the first half. Because this season has been so full of hope, only for that hope to have been misplaced. And the hope is what kills me. Obviously I could be speaking prematurely, because there's SOME hope (technically)… but in reality Brighton are absolutely dogshite and Citeh are going to tear them apart. So no point in being hopeful just to devastate myself further. Apparently we're not going to have a big spending summer, which is shite because you know Citeh will. So I can't see next year being something to raise hopes for either tbh.

Awful season.

Theses brutal riffs will cheer you up, here's the tab ;) https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/cannibal_corpse/scourge_of_iron_guitar_pro_1140280 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

If you get 90 plus points again you will have a great chance mate. 

Nah, any time we're actually contending for the title there's always one team of cunts that goes on to have an even more outstanding season. I would very much like to see us win the league in my life, but I doubt it ever happens.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Agree, I thought he was really good. Tielemans, on the other had, reminded me of his Monaco stint. How is he doing at Leicester?

Quality to be fair. This was probably his first 'poor' game but I don't even think he was that bad. Just come up against really good opposition and what turned out to be a very defensive-minded formation which doesn't suit our front players.

I hope we go all out to sign him. He's everything we were missing before he signed. Everything that we wanted in that midfield/attacking midfield role to 1) just be a creative influence and 2) take some of the burden off of Maddison who is doing so well in his first season.

Ultimately he's got 3 goals and 5 assists in 11 games and some of those were in the Puel team which was average at best. He has that injection of pace and burst of youthful energy and flair, linking up with Maddison and Vardy mainly which has proved so fruitful for us. Really enjoy the way he approaches the game and his awareness of other players on the pitch and vision to pass to such players is refreshing for our side. Fits in so well with how Rodgers likes to play, too. 

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Stan said:

Big fan of Choudhury's performance so far today. 

Delivers nearly every time he plays. He's not quite Kante but he plays a similar kind of role.

26 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Vincent Kompany you beautiful human being. Just WOW. 

Glad Leicester got beaten after than "display". Embarrassing in the extreme.

Genuinely can't tell if you're wumming here.

26 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Agree, I thought he was really good. Tielemans, on the other had, reminded me of his Monaco stint. How is he doing at Leicester?

That was Tielemans' worst game for us yet I think. He's been outstanding for us so far, a big reason for our upturn in form.

• Subscriber

Thought we dropped off a bit too much in the second half after a first where I'd say we matched them. Second half we went off the boil unfortunately and yet ultimately probably still had the best chance of that half. The only people not surprised by Iheanacho's miss are Leicester fans - he's been absolutely horrible since we signed him and I think it suits all parties to just move him on because it's not going to happen for him here. He didn't even get close with it.

It's easy to say we should've closed Kompany down, and yes there's an argument for it, but if we come onto them too much they can play it through us, they're capable of doing that. You can't really account for Kompany scoring a goal like that. It's a one in a million.

Overall I'm happy to say we made an exceptional side really panic. Our season is officially over tonight in terms of making Europe so we've nothing to play for other than coming above Everton I suppose. We've got the basis for a good side here but we're not there yet.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah, any time we're actually contending for the title there's always one team of cunts that goes on to have an even more outstanding season. I would very much like to see us win the league in my life, but I doubt it ever happens.

I think you'll be up there for at least next season and probably longer. As long as Klopp and Van Dijk (maybe also Mane and Salah) are around I think you'll always remain title-challenging quality. The only concern becomes if you don't actually convert it into a trophy and others come sniffing then it becomes harder to hold onto those key figures. I think Klopp will stay for a long time until he wins a league title or the Champions League for you but players have a shorter career and if Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City come sniffing around Van Dijk and Salah it becomes hard to keep them around.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Jamie Carragher is absolutely broken. Looks like he's gonna cry.

Can't say I'm that sad about that xD 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Jamie Carragher is absolutely broken. Looks like he's gonna cry.

I feel like fucking crying an all. Devastated.

I had hope that Spurs would take points off them. Then I had small hope that Utd would be up for it and take something. Then I had the smallest hope that Leicester could counter and get something from them. My hope has ran the fuck dry. I have zero hope of Brighton doing anything but get beat convincingly. 

Like Gonzo said, it's the hope that's killed me this season. Been a complete rollercoaster and I can't exactly say that I've particularly enjoyed it. Can't really enjoy heartbreak.

• Subscriber

It's pretty simple what Liverpool need for the title.

They need Manchester City to win the Champions League. That way Pep will probably leave.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

I had hope that Spurs would take points off them. Then I had small hope that Utd would be up for it and take something. Then I had the smallest hope that Leicester could counter and get something from them. My hope has ran the fuck dry. I have zero hope of Brighton doing anything but get beat convincingly. 

Like Gonzo said, it's the hope that's killed me this season. Been a complete rollercoaster and I can't exactly say that I've particularly enjoyed it. Can't really enjoy heartbreak.

I know how you all feel in a way because when we won it, it was just agonising towards the end, the thought of not winning it just made it impossible to fully enjoy. To go through that and leave empty handed is draining, especially when you've done well enough to win it nearly any other year.

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

I can understand that. To come so close and accept 2nd under these exceptional circumstances is incredibly tough.

But you haven't lost it. They have won it. This isn't like when Gerrard slipped. They have had to score a worldy tonight to stay ahead.

And the pressure you've put on them has shown by the way three of the last four games have been 1-0. Incredible pressure which they dealt with.

You simply have to tilt your hat to them and maybe in time when the feeling subsides, you can reflect and acknowledge  what your team has done this season. Absolute miracles to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Nuke Manchester?

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

They need Manchester City to win the Champions League. That way Pep will probably leave.

Oh, that's much less extreme.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I can understand that. To come so close and accept 2nd under these exceptional circumstances is incredibly tough.

But you haven't lost it. They have won it. And the pressure you've put on them has shown by the way three of the last four games have been 1-0. Incredible pressure. 

You simply have to tilt your hat to them and maybe in time when the feeling subsides, acknowledge what your team has done this season.

I don't know if that'll ever happen. I just want to forget all about this season as soon as I can, like I've done with a few other seasons of ours in the past... but this time not because we've been utter dogshite.

What is obvious is that this "quiet summer" Klopp has alluded to simply cannot happen. We can't go another season with Sturridge ans Origi as our back ups in attack. We have next to nobody who can one on and change a game. Serious investment in players who are good enough to fight for the first 11. No more Shaqiri type signings to bulk up the numbers. Serious fucking footballers needed now. 

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

He wants to extend his contract so will be here another 5 years at least

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

There's still a game left like. Save these posts until 5pm Sunday if the worst happens

Mike, it's Brighton. They are gonna do absolutely piss all and you know it deep down. Might as well not give yourself a heart attack thinking about any more 'what if?' scenarios.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Mike, it's Brighton. They are gonna do absolutely piss all and you know it deep down. Might as well not give yourself a heart attack thinking about any more 'what if?' scenarios.

The only hope I would give you is that City's players are human. They will feel the tension and nerves like they did tonight.

It's funny what can happen when nerves creep in.

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

There's still a game left like. Save these posts until 5pm Sunday if the worst happens

Don't Wolves have a good record against the top 6?

Meanwhile Brighton are Brighton.

Just now, Rick said:

It's unlikely to happen but madder things have happened in football than Man City drawing with Brighton. I'm not gonna worry about what happens at Brighton on Sunday. Of course there will be the updates during our game when there's a goal there. Just enjoy watching this team one last time this season though because they've been fucking brilliant. All you could have asked of them is to take it to the final day, then who knows.

Just now, LFCMike said:

It's unlikely to happen but madder things have happened in football than Man City drawing with Brighton. I'm not gonna worry about what happens at Brighton on Sunday. Of course there will be the updates during our game when there's a goal there. Just enjoy watching this team one last time this season though because they've been fucking brilliant. All you could have asked of them is to take it to the final day, then who knows.

Yeah, even though I'm clearly down and have given up hope at no point can I say anything negative about our team. 

They've been absolutely epic and they deserve a title for this effort. Such a real shame that it doesn't look like they'll get it. Can hold their heads up though and be proud of this effort. 

• Subscriber

"Where others failed, he nailed" - Tyler's commentary on that goal. Think it's high time to hang up the old microphone there Martin. Hopefully there are a growing cancer of SJWs somewhere on Twitter queuing up to petition for his immediate removal and public flogging as he dared to use Captain Marvel in reference to a male football player.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived