talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Non-League Thread

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

They're sharing with Corinthian Casuals now. It's a much easier commute from Kingston and one that's been welcomed by fans.

Had a feeling they’d moved but I wasn’t completely sure. 

I presume that’s them for years now they’ve been kicked out of Kingsmeadow, I can’t seem them having a proper home ground again for a long time. 

3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Had a feeling they’d moved but I wasn’t completely sure. 

I presume that’s them for years now they’ve been kicked out of Kingsmeadow, I can’t seem them having a proper home ground again for a long time. 

Well they have a million pounds as a parting gift from Chelsea for a new stadium. They purchased a golfing range opposite Chessington South station but they've got players from Billericay of last season and Crystal Palace U23s playing for then this season. So I imagine not all that money has completely gone to it's meant cause.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Danny said:

Hayes & Yeading 5 points clear at the top of the Bostik South Central table with 2 games in hand currently on a 7 game winning streak in the league...how does promotion/relegation work to and from the Premier Division out of interest? @Smiley Culture @Storts

Top spot gets automatic promotion to Premier Division. 

2nd to 5th go in to playoffs. 

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Top spot gets automatic promotion to Premier Division. 

2nd to 5th go in to playoffs. 

So potential 6 teams get promoted? Or is there another play off after? Or based off of best position/highest points?

And how do the relegations work?

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

So potential 6 teams get promoted? Or is there another play off after? Or based off of best position/highest points?

And how do the relegations work?

No idea about that. Only 5 teams leave the Premier Division (1 automatic, 1 playoff, 3 relegated). 

Then of the 3 other divisions you have the winners of each eague and winner of each league's playoff, so 6 teams. 

I wonder if the promotion is based on who gets relegated from the Premier Division. Which would be pretty shit if you got all that way to win a playoff then realise you can't get promoted because a team in the same region didn't get relegated, so I doubt it works like that xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

David Beckham: Salford City directorship approved by theFootball Association

David Beckham's appointment as a director of non-league club Salford City has been formally approved by the Football Association.

The 43-year-old former England captain's purchase of a 10% stake in Salford was revealed on 23 January.

He is now a part-owner of the side along with former Manchester United team-mates Gary and Phil Neville, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt.

Salford are second in the National League, English football's fifth tier.

The 'Class of 92' now own 60% of the club, with the remaining 40% being held by Singapore businessman Peter Lim.

Beckham - owner of American club Inter Miami, who will join Major League Soccer in 2020 - will attend Saturday's game against Maidstone United.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47077888

Edited by CaaC - John

Time to try and encourage you guys all to follow my team, Newbury Forest. This season we're playing at Step 6 in the NLS for the first time. Essex didn't have a Step 6 competition for some bizarre reason, so The FA got one set up for 2018/19. As we are ground sharing with Redbridge we had the facilities to participate. Added to the fact that we were an Essex Olympian Premier League team up until a couple of seasons ago, and we had won the Essex Saturday Premier cup twice in the last 6 years, we were invited to apply. So now we play in Thurlow Nunn League First Division South which feeds into the Essex Senior League. It's a real exciting but extremely challenging season for us. We've got a great deal to do to build the support up, especially for the area we are in. So I'll give you regular updates in here, and hopefully you'll follow our exploits both on here, Twitter [@NeburyForestFC] and on our website [www.newburyforestfc.co.uk].

10 hours ago, Large said:

Time to try and encourage you guys all to follow my team, Newbury Forest. This season we're playing at Step 6 in the NLS for the first time. Essex didn't have a Step 6 competition for some bizarre reason, so The FA got one set up for 2018/19. As we are ground sharing with Redbridge we had the facilities to participate. Added to the fact that we were an Essex Olympian Premier League team up until a couple of seasons ago, and we had won the Essex Saturday Premier cup twice in the last 6 years, we were invited to apply. So now we play in Thurlow Nunn League First Division South which feeds into the Essex Senior League. It's a real exciting but extremely challenging season for us. We've got a great deal to do to build the support up, especially for the area we are in. So I'll give you regular updates in here, and hopefully you'll follow our exploits both on here, Twitter [@NeburyForestFC] and on our website [www.newburyforestfc.co.uk].

Watched Redbridge and Barkingside at the Oakside. Decent burgers and there’s a window in the bar where you can see the whole pitch. The Essex Senior League is not a great standard though, from what I’ve seen. 

That area of East London/Essex is awash with clubs of a similar size that have tiny crowds, it’s a wonder how they all manage to survive year in, year out. 

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Watched Redbridge and Barkingside at the Oakside. Decent burgers and there’s a window in the bar where you can see the whole pitch. The Essex Senior League is not a great standard though, from what I’ve seen. 

That area of East London/Essex is awash with clubs of a similar size that have tiny crowds, it’s a wonder how they all manage to survive year in, year out. 

This is sadly too true. Our area is saturated with teams which makes it so difficult to build a fanbase. We've probably also taken on a bit too much this season with the jump into Step 6, but it was an opportunity we had to take. Can you believe that at Step 6 [so only the second rung of the NLS ladder] we are the only team in our league that doesn't have a playing budget for players. I cannot for the life of me get my head around that players at our level are actually receiving money to play. It's a joke.

But I don't want to end on a downer. We're trying to compete and build something bigger than just a successful First Team. Just need to get a few more bodies through the turnstiles. :D