talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Non-League Thread

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Cannabis said:

As planned, my lower league/non league tour of the North West will continue from next week. I'm thinking of going to either Salford City against Leamington or Southport against Spennymoor. One thing though and hopefully some of you can help me out is how do you go about getting tickets for non-league fixtures? I got my tickets for Blackpool and Morecambe over the internet as normal but can't see anywhere to do this for the likes of Salford and Southport. Are they all pay-on-the-day?

@Smiley Culture / @roversgirl

I'd imagine that most games are pay-on-the-day unless it's like a big game (I imagine Salford v FC United, for example). I think there might be a slightly bigger crowd at Salford than normal because it's "Non-League Day" next weekend but that shouldn't effect you getting a ticket. 

The FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Draw was made at 1pm today. 

Arguably the tie of the round is South Shields vs Hartlepool United. I expect that one to be streamed on BBC.

As for other ties, there's a few other local derbies out there. Dagenham v Orient, Boreham Wood v St Albans City and potentially East Thurrock United v Ebbsfleet United if ETU can beat Harlow Town in a replay on Tuesday. 

Glenn Tamplin's Billericay Town have Brackley Town away should they dispose of Hungerford Town in a replay and Sutton United, now minus Wayne Shaw, travel to Paulton Rovers. 

24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Dagenham v Orient worth a watch. Will they put one or two ties on BT or anything this early?

I know BBC have been streaming a game every round. I'm not sure whether a game will be picked for BT because it's still the qualifiers but I imagine BBC will plump for South Shields v Hartlepool due to Hartlepool being a league club last year, Hartlepool lost to Blyth (I think) the other year, it's a local Derby and Julio Arca plays for South Shields. 

I've not been all season but by all accounts Orient are crap and can expect a defeat at Dagenham. 

On 01/10/2017 at 7:47 PM, Cannabis said:

As planned, my lower league/non league tour of the North West will continue from next week. I'm thinking of going to either Salford City against Leamington or Southport against Spennymoor. One thing though and hopefully some of you can help me out is how do you go about getting tickets for non-league fixtures? I got my tickets for Blackpool and Morecambe over the internet as normal but can't see anywhere to do this for the likes of Salford and Southport. Are they all pay-on-the-day?

@Smiley Culture / @roversgirl

You can buy tickets online for AFC Fylde - you can get them delivered, print them or use your phone I think! Tickets are always available on the day either sitting or standing. The smaller national league clubs there is always tickets available on the day. I remember doing my first non-league away day and I travelled without a ticket, it was a weird feeling!! but there was no problem getting a ticket on the day at the away ground. I think you will be fine for both clubs just turning up on the day to buy a ticket.

• Administrator

watching Tranmere vs Orient today. 

Tranmere look like they don't score much (only 9 this season) and none of their last 5 games have had more than 1 goal in it. 

Orient on the other hand usually involved in some entertaining games. Usually not on the winning side however. Fancy them to change their ways and take all 3 points tonight. Good luck @Smiley Culture

• Administrator

Tranmere 1-1 Orient at half-time.

Even game I thought. Tranmere maybe shading it slightly. Tranmere had claims for a penalty less than a minute before Orient scored. Home side's defenders went to sleep but then the whole team woke up after the goal as it didn't take long to equalise.

Tollitt looked sharp for Tranmere down the left wing but then got injured. Conditions are making it difficult for both sets of players. 

Haven't watched an Orient game live or on the box all season so I have no proper clue of what's going on but by all accounts, Steve Davis is plumping for negative tactics and injuries have caused havoc in the back four. 

Given the fact Davis had three weeks to the season start when he arrived plus he walked into a club with a handful of players who were either 17-19 years-old and struggling from the previous season and a load of players signed by the DoF, without Davis' consent, the job was always going to be incredibly difficult and a struggle this season. 

9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Sad to hear that mate, I presume you've been watching more of Koln then?

I've only seen one game live all season, the Arsenal v Köln game. I've watched a few Köln games online but not regular. 

I'm actually not missing Orient tbh, I thought I'd have been going semi-regular when I decided not to bother with a season ticket but I've just not been able to go and the times I have been, I just couldn't be bothered. 

I'm just picking games a couple of times a month now. September was busy but in October im off to Villa Park for the first time for the Villa v Fulham game and I might do QPR v Wolves at the back end of the month. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...