talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Non-League Thread

The whole thing with Dulwich and their stadiums owners is bizarre. They've been kicked out, and there owners have taken copyright of Dulwich Hamlet and DHFC. The owners are American and have no allegiance to the club or sympathy for the community and run it as a business. However they're rejected ten million from Rio Ferdinand's agency to buy the land which could have given them a tidy profit. So the whole thing seems spiteful because the council have rejected building plans recently (a first round here it has to be said).

The sad thing is they're flying at the moment because of the money initially invested. They recently beat Billericay and have a lot of players that Palace thought would be top end Championship (or higher) in Reise Allaisaini, Quade Taylor, Ibra Sekajja and Kieron Dijiali. Reise was linked with Norwich City in January after regaining his composure and focus!

They're playing the remainder of there games at Tooting and Mitcham which is a four minute drive from my house. So that's Saturday's sorted when Palace aren't playing.

AFC Fylde 7-1 Aldershot! On their day, Fylde can beat anyone in this league and comfortably (Tranmere, Macclesfield etc). If they did manage to get into the play offs this season in their first season at this level, it would be an incredible achievement. I can genuinely see Fylde progressing similarly to other local clubs like Fleetwood, but I wonder if this season would just be a season too soon to go up. If they can keep hold of Rowe, Muldoon, Montrose, Angol etc and add some more good loans from the league they can go again next season with the experience of this season and give it a real good go! As Rovers are away next weekend, I'm going to see Fylde at home to Hartlepool. 

Dulwich Hamlet could move a step closer to returning to their Champion Hill home at a Southwark Council meeting on Tuesday evening.

The council is seeking to impose a compulsory purchase order (CPO) on the home ground of the Bostik League Premier Division club, whose licence to play there was terminated last week by owners Meadow Residential.

Champion Hill's future will be discussed at a council meeting on Tuesday when the cabinet is expected to unanimously approve a report into the acquisition of the freehold from Meadow.

On 11/03/2018 at 09:31, roversgirl said:

AFC Fylde 7-1 Aldershot! On their day, Fylde can beat anyone in this league and comfortably (Tranmere, Macclesfield etc). If they did manage to get into the play offs this season in their first season at this level, it would be an incredible achievement. I can genuinely see Fylde progressing similarly to other local clubs like Fleetwood, but I wonder if this season would just be a season too soon to go up. If they can keep hold of Rowe, Muldoon, Montrose, Angol etc and add some more good loans from the league they can go again next season with the experience of this season and give it a real good go! As Rovers are away next weekend, I'm going to see Fylde at home to Hartlepool. 

That's a heck of a result given that Aldershot are no mugs at that level. Enjoy the game against Hartlepool.

• Like 1

Southwark Council has voted unanimously to proceed with a plan to secure the future of Dulwich Hamlet FC.

Developer Meadow Residential has forced the club out of their home ground at Champion Hill Stadium, claiming the seventh-tier side had repeatedly breached their licence.

However, at a Cabinet meeting on Tuesday evening, Southwark Council voted to progress with a plan to acquire Champion Hill from the developer in a bid to save the 125-year-old club.

• 2 weeks later...

Non-league football, i'm talking about below conference north/south kind of level is really struggling with all these call offs. There's always a backlog of games, but this season it's just unmanageable. I know one local team around here that are playing every saturday and tues/wed till the end of the season and now have two more games to be re-arranged so will have to play two weeks of saturday, tuesday, thursday.

I was planning on watching a game today, but as far as I can see everything is off. It's been raining for about 48 hours here.

21 minutes ago, Marc said:

Non-league football, i'm talking about below conference north/south kind of level is really struggling with all these call offs. There's always a backlog of games, but this season it's just unmanageable. I know one local team around here that are playing every saturday and tues/wed till the end of the season and now have two more games to be re-arranged so will have to play two weeks of saturday, tuesday, thursday.

I was planning on watching a game today, but as far as I can see everything is off. It's been raining for about 48 hours here.

Yeah, a lot of it has been decimated for a few months now. 

1874 Northwich are the most high profile case of this, they have 23 games to play between now and the end of the season. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Marc said:

Sutton vs Bromley is on TV. I know you meant actually going to a game but Sutton aiming for promotion back in to the Football League for something like 100+ years. Bromley have a slight chance of play-offs if they win their games in hand. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yeah, a lot of it has been decimated for a few months now. 

1874 Northwich are the most high profile case of this, they have 23 games to play between now and the end of the season. 

Just checked and they've had their game called off today (along with every other game in the league) and they are also meant to play on Wednesday which will be in doubt. They are 10th so have a chance of the play-offs. They must be in danger of not fulfilling their fixtures though,

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

Just checked and they've had their game called off today (along with every other game in the league) and they are also meant to play on Wednesday which will be in doubt. They are 10th so have a chance of the play-offs. They must be in danger of not fulfilling their fixtures though,

Incredibly harsh on them if they were reprimanded for not finishing their season. As a 9th tier side run by, largely, volunteers, there’s only so much they can do to ensure games are played. What’s done them even more is an FA Vase run. 

I can’t say I’ve ever heard of it but surely they must be asking for the season to be extended.