talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Non-League Thread

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

You gave it out loads to Liverpool and the surrounding area loads on the old forum. Your southern allies let you down.

I'm not sure I did but good effort.

I'll be sure to cry myself to sleep this evening though. I take it based on your bizarre behaviour here that you'll be cheering for Manchester United next week...

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not sure where he's got that I have any connection with Boreham Wood from either. Maybe it was that time I went there when they played Watford in a friendly about eight years ago.

the obsession with anything south is a little odd.

And calling Borehamwood 'soulless' equally so. Like there's not a soulless club in the north either (Salford). 

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Only responding in kind. Genuinely hope Leyton Orient come up soon, Brisbane Road is a great away and always admired their fans fight against West Ham. Unlike Smiley I don't hate people based upon where they're from.

Do I? 

What place would that be?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Only responding in kind. Genuinely hope Leyton Orient come up soon, Brisbane Road is a great away and always admired their fans fight against West Ham. Unlike Smiley I don't hate people based upon where they're from.

some of your replies in this thread would suggest otherwise xD 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Do I? 

What place would that be?

Anyone outside of the South, particuarly the Liverpool area. Don't you remember that lad on the old forum you used to blanks with all the time? He was a bellend but you came up with some hateful shite, so no surprise to see you hating on Tranmere by proxy.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Anyone outside of the South, particuarly the Liverpool area. Don't you remember that lad on the old forum you used to blanks with all the time? He was a bellend but you came up with some hateful shite, so no surprise to see you hating on Tranmere by proxy.

My parents are both northern, including from Merseyside, my relatives are all northern. 

Aye, saying that Boreham Wood is not in Essex is hating on Tranmere. You do realise you're contradicting yourself, saying I hate the north (weird) when you're clearly having a pop at the South, don't you?

Go to bed mate, beer isn't for you. Stick to lemonade.

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

My parents are both northern, including from Merseyside, my relatives are all northern. 

Aye, saying that Boreham Wood is not in Essex is hating on Tranmere. You do realise you're contradicting yourself, saying I hate the north (weird) when you're clearly having a pop at the South, don't you?

Go to bed mate, beer isn't for you. Stick to lemonade.

Do you remember him then? I do remember, I remember what you said.

Good on Tranmere. Two second successive runners up spots in the National League. They deserved to go up.

It will be interesting to see if they can make a good fist of things like Lincoln have this year. 

• Administrator

Brackley Town just won FA Trophy on penalties against Bromley. 

They were 1-0 down and then Bromley scored an own goal in the 95th minute.

Bromley were 4-3 up on penalties then missed their next 2. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

@Smiley Culture I know you don't support them any more but no doubt you've seen this already xD 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44929169

Leyton Orient are hoping fans with male dogs can help their bid to remove some unwanted 'foxes in the box'.

Foxes have been regularly spotted on National League Orient's Brisbane Road pitch in recent weeks.

Such is the problem, the club has issued an appeal to any fans who can walk their dog around the ground during mornings and late afternoons.

"It's thought a dog's presence will help prevent further pitch invasions," Orient said in a short statement.

Interested candidates should apply to the club's marketing department - and very advanced dogs can put their names forward themselves!

Chesterfield, who will start their first season out of the football league are charging £16 per match, no discounts for students or OAP's. I'm going Inter Milan V United tomorrow, that's £12. Lord knows what they're thinking, must be highest tickets for non-league football surely.

Edited by DNA

3 minutes ago, DNA said:

Chesterfield, who will start their first season out of the football league are charging £16 per match, no discounts for students or OAP's. I'm going Inter Milan V United tomorrow, that's £12. Lord knows what they're thinking, must be highest tickets for non-league football surely.

What? For a League game? That’s one of the better prices, if so. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, DNA said:

going by this for last season:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41482931

not even close!

16 clubs charging more as their most expensive. Orient nearly charging double that. 

7 clubs charging more or equal for their cheapest. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

not even close!

16 clubs charging more as their most expensive. Orient nearly charging double that. 

Well well well.

A lot of chesterfield fans kicking off but that's an eye opener actually. £30 for Leyton Orient.. christ.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

not even close!

That’s not strictly true. Yes, you can pay £30+ quid for an Orient ticket but that’s in “The Gallery” which is the posh seats where you get injured players, players’ family etc and you get a padded seat on the halfway line. Normal tickets are about £20-22. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

That’s not strictly true. Yes, you can pay £30+ quid for an Orient ticket but that’s in “The Gallery” which is the posh seats where you get injured players, players’ family etc and you get a padded seat on the halfway line. Normal tickets are about £20-22. 

Yeah but it's one of the most expensive tickets you can buy? Which is what I said xD

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah but it's one of the most expensive tickets you can buy? Which is what I said xD

I think it’s poor research from the BBC tbh, you can pay that, but I’m sure at most clubs you could pay more than a standard match ticket to watch a game and those figures aren’t included in their survey. 

• Administrator

Round 1 of the new season

AFC Fylde vs Bromley
Aldershot vs Barnet
Barrow vs Havant & Waterlooville
Boreham Wood vs Dagenham & Redbridge
Braintree vs Halifax
Dover vs Wrexham
Eastleigh vs Solihull
Ebbsfleet vs Chesterfield
Harrogate vs Sutton
Maidenhead vs Gateshead
Maidstone vs Hartlepool
Salford vs Leyton Orient, 12.30pm

Gateshead, Sutton, Wrexham, Bromley & Hartlepool having to make approx 10-hour round trips on the first day. Long journey ahead...