talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ads

football forum

Hi all,

As most of you already know, most of the operating costs have come from donations so far. We've finally been accepted for AdSense which means we'll be able to get some if not all of our operating costs from Google.

I'll try and make these ads the least annoying as possible as I'm personally not a fan of Ads either although needs must as I don't want donations to be the sole way the website can continue beyond September.

Thanks.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Rab said:

I'm pretty happy about it as Google has denied us 3 times thus far. The progression is nice.

Why did they?

PS: Can we make posts made between a certain timeframe in the same thread merge together like in the old forum?

2 minutes ago, NeymarPele said:

Why did they?

PS: Can we make post made between a certain timeframe in the same thread merge together like in the old forum?

The forum was too new/there wasn't enough content/not enough traffic for us to warrant being an ad partner.

The blank space currently at the top of the forum on the main page is for the ad.

The script is currently giving me a 400 error although I assume this is just temporary and the ads will display shortly.

All the ads have now been added to the website. I'm trying not to put them in places in places that get in the way. I know some websites put them between posts etc which I'm not going to do.

I've put them in the header, footer and sidebar to keep them mostly out of the way.

For the good of the site to allow us to expand going forward, would be appreciated if you'd be able to turn off your ad blocker although understand if you don't (I'm not a fan of ads either).

20 hours ago, Machado said:

I get ads for hair growth shit. No joke.

Lol because you keep opening threads where there are jokes at Deadlinesman. Google bot is an idiot, since going in the tax fraud thread in the last 24 hours Google ads are now suggesting I get a lawyer. Open a few terrorist threads in the politics section and they start trying to sell muslim women to you.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Lol because you keep opening threads where there are jokes at Deadlinesman. Google bot is an idiot, since going in the tax fraud thread in the last 24 hours Google ads are now suggesting I get a lawyer. Open a few terrorist threads in the politics section and they start trying to sell muslim women to you.

ffs

I went in to the Would You Rather thread and now I'm going to get ads about penis-sized nipples

6 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

I keep getting the add BEST PERU TOUR :34_rolling_eyes: FFS

Straight after seeing your post I got one too.

2nvsdwk.jpg

If you ask me that looks more like the way I'd write the word penis. Brian longs (shorts) for you. :/

Archived