• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ads

football forum

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

I've restricted the size of ads on mobile as they were pretty big and most likely affecting certain members usage of the forum.

I've also restricted what gets displayed on the ads. Anything sexual etc should no longer display.

No more singles in your areas, soz.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rab said:

I've restricted the size of ads on mobile as they were pretty big and most likely affecting certain members usage of the forum.

I've also restricted what gets displayed on the ads. Anything sexual etc should no longer display.

That was pretty amusing to be fair 

I mean considering that your ads show are based on the websites you visit, and everyone visits, "those" sites for a wank, I see no reason why we must take a holier than thou approach.

6 minutes ago, Rab said:

Why? :(

• Administrator
1 minute ago, AMG said:

I mean considering that your ads show are based on the websites you visit, and everyone visits, "those" sites for a wank, I see no reason why we must take a holier than thou approach.

I thought that was a myth to be fair.

Well, the problem with those ads is that no one really clicks on them. If we're to become less reliant on donations and more reliant on ads, then ideally having ads people click on are more beneficial to the forums growth,

Just now, Rab said:

Well, the problem with those ads is that no one really clicks on them. If we're to become less reliant on donations and more reliant on ads, then ideally having ads people click on are more beneficial to the forums growth,

Touche

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Do you guys get money for that Amazon Prime ad for the football? Clicked through it a few times last couple of days as it's easier than finding it on the Amazon homepage xD or was until they added all the stuff to it today!

11 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Do you guys get money for that Amazon Prime ad for the football? Clicked through it a few times last couple of days as it's easier than finding it on the Amazon homepage xD or was until they added all the stuff to it today!

It's mainly a test to see what Amazon is like in terms of monetising the website because we're still so heavily reliant on donations.

The Amazon ad only pays out if someone signs up to Amazon Prime after clicking on that ad and I think it's only £3 or something like that.

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Rab said:

It's mainly a test to see what Amazon is like in terms of monetising the website because we're still so heavily reliant on donations.

The Amazon ad only pays out if someone signs up to Amazon Prime after clicking on that ad and I think it's only £3 or something like that.

Ahh fair. Already got Prime unfortunately but every little helps if someone was to sign up!

1 minute ago, Pyfish said:

Ahh fair. Already got Prime unfortunately but every little helps if someone was to sign up!

Yeah. It's also a good reminder for everyone that there is games on Amazon too so even if it's not bringing in cash it's reminding people they can watch the games if they've got prime.

Archived