talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adopt A Club! 2019/20 (Boston United)

football forum

football forum

Bit different this year, rather than adopting a club yourself with everyone having different ones I thought it might be better if we all adopted the same club so that the forum itself could have a club to follow. 

Due to having the most "fans" on here, I'd say it would be best to support an English club but all opinions are welcome. We'll try to get a club confirmed before the end of the season so we can all support a club through the transfer window, maybe even getting to a friendly or two xD.

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Bit different this year, rather than adopting a club yourself with everyone having different ones I thought it might be better if we all adopted the same club so that the forum itself could have a club to follow. 

Good idea. I'm in!

Due to having the most "fans" on here, I'd say it would be best to support an English club

Oh... nevermind :ph34r:

Nope, was thinking non-league to be honest. A club that nobody has any link to at all so that it's a clean slate, perhaps someone from the National North/South. 

I'm in 

Bromley for the win!

Yeah, I think this is a good idea. I think, I may have been the one to suggest it last summer. I think this year’s, whilst a good idea, was hard to keep up with as we had so many people following such a variation of clubs from different countries, whereas this allows us to all be the “fan’s” of one club, something unique for a general football forum. 

I reckon Vanarama North and South are probably the best to be considered because then at least people can replicate our soon-to-be heroes on FM, whereas if you go much lower, it’s going to be a little less interesting, IMO. 

However, if you go down to the next level of non-league football, you’ve got an extra 80-100 to be considered, though it’ll be harder for people to get much from that club as they’re likely to have little content we can watch. 

• Administrator

Agree about National League North or South team, or somewhere geographically in the middle. 

Happy to take part and it can eventually be the first TF365-sponsored team with such a strong backing... 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Agree about National League North or South team, or somewhere geographically in the middle. 

Happy to take part and it can eventually be the first TF365-sponsored team with such a strong backing... 

If we are looking for someone 'near the middle', I'll throw a straw in the hat for Boston United. Pretty good following, classic ground, and easily to keep up with their matches. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

If we are looking for someone 'near the middle', I'll throw a straw in the hat for Boston United. Pretty good following, classic ground, and easily to keep up with their matches. 

I was thinking more towards actual Midlands. Perhaps Nuneaton? Although just seen they're about to be relegated... 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I'm pretty sure it was you that came out with the shout in fairness, I knew someone had at least. I do agree that anything lower than North/South would be a bit too obscure, I don't really have any interest in the Essex League for example and I'm sure you don't really fancy getting into someone from round here. 

If we are all in agreement about North/South then we can start to have a little vote and get the ball rolling. Whilst I think we need to come to a decision as soon as we can, it would be nice for us to see this through the whole season so want as many people in agreement as possible. 

North/South is perfect IMO. 

The only potential issue I’d say with the North and South leagues is the fact they’re regionalised, so if people do actually want to go to a game, some will be pretty much ruled out if they’re living in the South but it ends up being a North side and vice versa. 

At least with say, the National League, it’s exactly that, National, and there is scope for people to actually go to a game, if they actually want to, because I know I wouldn’t bother if we ended up with Curzon Ashton, I wouldn’t be making a trip to Manchester to watch them and I wouldn’t be making a trip to Leamington (probably the closest side in that league to me) and I reckon most wouldn’t bother either if they’re based in the North and we ended up with Truro City. 

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

If they don't get promoted, Solihull Moors could be a good shout then, it's right in the middle of the country. 

If they go up, then I'd rule them out.

I don’t think it should be decided on location, IMO. I think it should a random draw. 

If we did go for a National League side, you could just have anyone picked and there’s potential to see them at Away games, if anyone actually wants to. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

If they don't get promoted, Solihull Moors could be a good shout then, it's right in the middle of the country. 

If they go up, then I'd rule them out.

Notts County would be good if they get relegated. Even though I want them to stay up its certainly Midlands. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Notts County would be good if they get relegated. Even though I want them to stay up its certainly Midlands. 

As I’ve said, I don’t think location should dictate the chosen team, as we’ll end up with one of about five sides, maximum. 

Given it’s largely a bit of fun, I’d be inclined to go for the National League, North and South and just see what we end up with. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

The Met Police are one game off joining the Conference South. 

Two games aren't they? Six relegated from the North and South but now four leagues below, hence the four champions go up and the four play off winners have a 'super play off' to whittle them down to two - the victor between Met Police and Poole meet Tonbridge or Merstham from the Isthmian play offs.

Worth noting Alvechurch are at the same stage, who have had an insane run of something like three promotions in four years to be now a village on the cusp of the Conference North.

33 minutes ago, tlr said:

Two games aren't they? Six relegated from the North and South but now four leagues below, hence the four champions go up and the four play off winners have a 'super play off' to whittle them down to two - the victor between Met Police and Poole meet Tonbridge or Merstham from the Isthmian play offs.

Worth noting Alvechurch are at the same stage, who have had an insane run of something like three promotions in four years to be now a village on the cusp of the Conference North.

Is that how it works? That’s bollocks then. Thought if they beat Poole on Monday, they’d be up. 

6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Is that how it works? That’s bollocks then. Thought if they beat Poole on Monday, they’d be up. 

Any other season they would be, but for whatever reason as part of the FA's drive for a 1-2-4-8 pyramid structure, they've not decided to increase the number of relegations from North / South in the same season they've created additional leagues below, it starts two years later instead... The tier below has only 5 of 7 play off winners going up, decided on points per game, so you have teams in the play offs who know even if they win they don't go up as x amount of other teams have better PPG across the season but still have to treat it like the real thing...

The FA really are fucking inept.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived